The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Mar 10, 2014 at 1:50 PM Post #12,091 of 18,652
Rockbox shouldn't make DX50 sound different except for replacing bugs in Mango that alter SQ with hopefully no bugs (for example, early Sansa Clip firmwares have a bug that severely rolls off bass which Rockbox "fixes" by not replicating the bug). That said, it offers a fully functional parametric EQ mechanism so you can tune things to your liking if you want to go that way. There are quite a few other features that Rockbox offers like crossfeed, ReplayGain, working playlists, and so forth. It's much more than just a GUI change.

And fully functioning gapless, right? 
wink_face.gif
  I don't think the 1.2.8 gapless has any issues but others have had different experiences...

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Mar 10, 2014 at 4:20 PM Post #12,096 of 18,652
  Oh, I want it enabled...I just want to make sure it is working correctly for everybody.  While it works just fine me, some DX50 owners are still reporting issues with FW 1.2.8 (which is what I am using).

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

This might have to do with the codecs used.  If the music was compressed using a codec that does not support gapless, then you won't get gapless even if you have it turned on.

Mar 10, 2014 at 4:44 PM Post #12,097 of 18,652

This might have to do with the codecs used.  If the music was compressed using a codec that does not support gapless, then you won't get gapless even if you have it turned on.

I use flac as a codec.  Cowon, Sansa, and Foobar 2000 (on the PC) are all able to support gapless playback with flac files.  The DX50 just needs a little tweaking to work flawlessly (it took Cowon a while to implement it correctly on their D2, but once they did, the D2, S9 and J3 all played flac files gaplessly).  I have no doubt iBasso will eventually get it right with the DX50...if not, there's always RockBox. 
biggrin.gif

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Mar 10, 2014 at 5:03 PM Post #12,098 of 18,652
It's interesting with these diverging experiences with gapless. For me with flac gapless works flawlessly and I also don't get any truncation of the start or end of tracks

Mar 10, 2014 at 6:35 PM Post #12,101 of 18,652

Yes, lame is known to support gapless.   That is probably why it works fine.   Unfortunately, there are many mp3 encoders out there and not all of them support gapless.  I think all of the lossless codecs support gapless.

unfortunately it still doesn't work correctly on the dx50 (1.2.8) though. looking forward to seeing what rb throws up

Mar 10, 2014 at 8:20 PM Post #12,104 of 18,652

Where did you get yours bro? I dropped by at Challenger this afternoon and they still don't have the 128GB microSD.

Bizgram SLS....... only shop selling as of now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back