The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Nov 13, 2013 at 4:47 AM Post #6,678 of 18,652
  1. Sorensiim, When the function is implemented in USB DAC iBasso DX50?

Sorry to disappoint, but I don't work for Ibasso. And it has been stated multiple times that the lack of a USB DAC is due to a hardware/driver access limitation, so don't expect the DX50 to ever  work as a USB DAC. 

Nov 13, 2013 at 4:48 AM Post #6,679 of 18,652
Hi.

I complained about the EQ in the "bugreport" topic a few hours ago. But I experimented with settings and I think that the EQ works well - it just does something which is not exactly what we initially expect.

I turned the EQ on and switched to the "custom" settings. Then I moved all sliders up to the "+6" position. If you do the same and then try to turn the EQ off and on again several times - you won't hear any difference between the sound with the EQ turned on and off.

- Which means that this is the position ("+6") which should be marked as "0", i.e. "unaltered sound".
- Which also means that the EQ iBasso implemented in the DX50 is subtractive. I.e. when you need to adjust the balance between lows, mids and highs, you should lower unwanted bands instead of trying to boost wanted ones (which is not bad, that's just one of the ways to get desired sound balance).

So, the "neutral" position of the EQ is in the "Custom" mode, with sliders "all up".
The desired balance can be achieved by lowering sliders; just do not pay attention to the existing marks (from +6 to -6), you should consider the range as "from 0 to -12", which makes much more sense.

When I realized that, I figured out what I need to do for turning so called "Loundess compensation" on. I used these settings (from left to right): 6 6 -1 -6 -6 -4 6 6, and that worked for me.

Having said that, I agree that you do not need the EQ for normal listening; the DX50 provides pretty balanced sound.

(Probably, it's worth adding some explanations about the DX50's EQ to the FAQ...)

nice find I just thought the EQ was faulty

Nov 13, 2013 at 5:12 AM Post #6,680 of 18,652
ordered from mp4nation and was hit by customs, package arrived today and i had to pay 25 euros on top of it.
frown.gif

will NOT order from mp4nation anymore since they care sh***t
mad.gif

gladly DX50 now at home, will have to find some time during this weekend hopefully.
smile.gif

Nov 13, 2013 at 5:18 AM Post #6,681 of 18,652
How is it paying tax becomes the fault of mp4nation?

Nov 13, 2013 at 5:24 AM Post #6,683 of 18,652
How is it paying tax becomes the fault of mp4nation?

because some other dudes received their package as free or low cost sample... and my package was not that.
of course this is not their fault since customs exist for paying them but if others could receive it as sampe why could not i?
frown.gif

anyway, i can survive 25E but this leaves some bad feeling nonetheless.

Nov 13, 2013 at 7:40 AM Post #6,685 of 18,652
Just like to check with those who ordered thru MP4Nation. Do you get a warranty card with your DX50 as I don't have it in the package. Will there be an issue without one. Thanks in advance.

Nov 13, 2013 at 8:30 AM Post #6,686 of 18,652
  Just like to check with those who ordered thru MP4Nation. Do you get a warranty card with your DX50 as I don't have it in the package. Will there be an issue without one. Thanks in advance.

FYI I got a 7th batch last week direct from iBasso with warranty card.  

I LOVE that this thing plays aiff.  No logical reason to love this fact, but I just do.  

I have had zero problems with my dx50 so far.  

Hope everyone with issues gets around them soon.

d

Nov 13, 2013 at 8:50 AM Post #6,687 of 18,652
Thanks dopaminer for the input. Still, would like to know did those who brought thru MP4Nation if a warranty card is included with their player. Thanks again guys and look forward for some inputs.

Nov 13, 2013 at 9:03 AM Post #6,688 of 18,652
  FYI I got a 7th batch last week direct from iBasso with warranty card.

I LOVE that this thing plays aiff.  No logical reason to love this fact, but I just do.

I have had zero problems with my dx50 so far.

Hope everyone with issues gets around them soon.

d

i will check when home, did not unbox it yet.
i suppose there must be limited liability warranty from mp4nation directly even IF no iBasso card was enclosed. in fact i suspect iBasso encloses the warranty because the item comes directly from them. otherwise resellers are receiving iBasso warrant certificate upon which a bill of purchase serves as warranty. feel free to correct me if i am wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back