The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Nov 13, 2013 at 9:15 AM Post #6,691 of 18,652
  It always fascinates me how couriers like FedEx can bring a package across the world (literally for me!) in under a day, but then never actually get it to your door at a time when you're home...

:)

FedEX offers a nice feature where you can sign receipt electronically.  Thus, if you live in an area where the package can be safely left, as I do, this is a great option.

Nov 13, 2013 at 9:18 AM Post #6,692 of 18,652
I have an odd little issue.

I just received my DX50.  While the DX50 will recognize an installed SD card, scan and play music stored on the card, the SD card contents will not show up when connected to a computer via USB (Windows).  The computer sees the card sufficiently to know it is there, but as a blank, unformatted card.

The card is a SanDisk 64GB, formatted exFAT and contains roughly 30GB.

Is there a way to get the SD card seen and recognized by a computer when the DX50 is connected via USB??  

I have tried connecting to multiple machines with the same result.  It is a bother using a card reader to perform small edits, deletions, etc. when the DX50 itself can easily be connected to a computer.

Nov 13, 2013 at 9:45 AM Post #6,693 of 18,652
My Mac sees both the internal memory and the SDXC card(64G Sandisk) when I connect. I've done edits to both on the Mac and it works. Might be a Windows thing or particular to the card.

Nov 13, 2013 at 10:02 AM Post #6,694 of 18,652
Ok. Thanks for all the feedbacks guys and gals. Appreciate it and at least can set my mind at peace.

Anyway, haven't got the time to connect to pc as yet and running a sd card which is working fine. Will be able to do so in a couple of days after clearing up my work in hand.

Thanks again.

Nov 13, 2013 at 10:15 AM Post #6,695 of 18,652
  I have an odd little issue.

I just received my DX50.  While the DX50 will recognize an installed SD card, scan and play music stored on the card, the SD card contents will not show up when connected to a computer via USB (Windows).  The computer sees the card sufficiently to know it is there, but as a blank, unformatted card.

The card is a SanDisk 64GB, formatted exFAT and contains roughly 30GB.

Is there a way to get the SD card seen and recognized by a computer when the DX50 is connected via USB??

I have tried connecting to multiple machines with the same result.  It is a bother using a card reader to perform small edits, deletions, etc. when the DX50 itself can easily be connected to a computer.

I hate to tell you this but have you tried formatting the card in exFat on Windows? I know you'll loose what you have on the card but If this works you'll gain access to the card from both devices; the DX50 and the PC. If you choose to do that make sure that the DX50 can read the card content.

If I were you I would experiment that way with just a few subdirectories and files on the card, this way you won't spend hours transfer files on reformatted cards. Just experiment that way with a few albums to get the feel of the player interface. Don't forget to use the FAQ as specified on page 1 of this thread to gain more knowledge about how to increase your enjoyment by following good advices.
bigsmile_face.gif

Nov 13, 2013 at 10:38 AM Post #6,697 of 18,652
  I hate to tell you this but have you tried formatting the card in exFat on Windows? I know you'll loose what you have on the card but If this works you'll gain access to the card from both devices; the DX50 and the PC.

The card came formatted in exFAT, and I did a quick reformat to exFAT in Windows.  I did not try doing a full exFAT reformat.  I will give this a try as it might work.

It is no big deal losing what is on the card as I can easily transfer it back over again anyway.

Thanks for the response.

Nov 13, 2013 at 10:52 AM Post #6,699 of 18,652
We've gone a long way!!!!
dt880smile.png

Wow, you bring some memories to me. I know it has been a long way but at least we have what we love. Music in the best portable way.

(I think it will be a nice idea to do like a "portable music family tree" kind of stuff. Just ad some headphones to the CD player and some iPods and other good players around)

Nov 13, 2013 at 12:52 PM Post #6,701 of 18,652
We've gone a long way!!!!
dt880smile.png

The shapes reads like from top to bottom: box with sharp edges and big buttons, flattened and rounded box with small buttons and lastly box with sharp edges and big buttons:D
Full circle in a sense...
cool.gif

Nov 13, 2013 at 1:26 PM Post #6,703 of 18,652
Hey do you think the DX50 will drive the Hifiman HE-400 ? They are said to be quite easy to drive. Anyone tried that combo ? I just read that the Hifiman can be sibilant but from what I hear my dx50 rolls of the treble a bit so maybe it tames it a little...

Nov 13, 2013 at 1:45 PM Post #6,704 of 18,652
People, i need to APOLOGIZE TO MP4 NATION, there was NO their fault. Mp4nation dudes did everything perfect but... my Austrian customs tricked me to force a fee on me...

so i must say i CAN recommend mp4nation to anyone, and sorry for silly buzz i voiced when not seeing all invoices.

Nov 13, 2013 at 1:45 PM Post #6,705 of 18,652
It drives my HE-500 fine. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back