The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Nov 13, 2013 at 2:04 PM Post #6,706 of 18,652
shortly unpacked my DX50, ... One word, NICE, nice looking gizmo, pretty bit larger than my Rwak but still portable enough and light weight. Love the looks and material, yes this is not all aluminium like AK but hey, for 249$ i am happy as a pig :D

will try music and sound on weekend, no time now :frowning2:

Nov 13, 2013 at 2:36 PM Post #6,707 of 18,652
Ordered from mp4nation and didn't get a warranty card. Before ordering I had contacted iBasso & mp4nation and both confirmed that warranty would be honor by mp4nation.

Nov 13, 2013 at 2:47 PM Post #6,708 of 18,652
yes, i assume your purchase invoice is a warranty, so you will need to send to mp4nation and they deal with iBasso or you ask them if you should send to iBassso, in every case invoice will be equal your warranty.

Nov 13, 2013 at 2:48 PM Post #6,709 of 18,652
Got mine today, impressed by its look, for me almost on par with AK100, much better than Fiio. Played for some time, everything working nice, pretty and easy UI, didint find any problem yet. And it sounds great with my Lear LUF-4F.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Nov 13, 2013 at 2:55 PM Post #6,710 of 18,652
Bina, looks and feel are fantastic for this price, i also love it. I cannot say this on par with AK because AK is all metal and very polished, still dx50 does not look like a poor man's DAP, instead it looks very shiny and impressive. I still trying understand some dudes who complained about dx50 being not polished well enough. 100 points for the looks from me. Size wise also pretty good, larger than AK but still very comfrotable in my hand, no complaints from me. I am excited.

i wish i had time for listening.... sigh, hopefully Sunday, cannot keep waiting :frowning2:

Nov 13, 2013 at 3:07 PM Post #6,712 of 18,652
and forgot to tell, mp3nation throws in BR3 IEMs which are absolutely worth and are a great gift absolutely worth waiting.
i must admit i will not use them so i gave them to my daughter and she absolutely loves them, i had short listen and can only say good words too. Absolutely great gift even if you have IEMs.

Nov 13, 2013 at 4:09 PM Post #6,713 of 18,652
  Hey do you think the DX50 will drive the Hifiman HE-400 ? They are said to be quite easy to drive. Anyone tried that combo ? I just read that the Hifiman can be sibilant but from what I hear my dx50 rolls of the treble a bit so maybe it tames it a little...

The dx50 has a built in headphone amp.  It drives the he-400 easily - even on low gain.   Even if it needed more power, you do have the other gain settings to work with.  One of the complaints about the dx50 is its treble presentation.   I don't find that the he-400 makes it any worse though.

Nov 13, 2013 at 4:28 PM Post #6,715 of 18,652
The DX50 also have no problems driving the mad dogs and HE500s

Nov 13, 2013 at 5:35 PM Post #6,716 of 18,652
I do agree that the DX50 has no problem driving HE400's.  However, You can use an amp if so desired from the line out....I use BH2 when on the go and love the combination.

Ahh after a month of owning the dx50 I just have made my mind up And probably will be selling it… great DAP but is it possible to truly appreciate high fidelity everywhere we go ? I actually caught myself getting 100% lost in the Music when i came Back home.Maybe it is wiser to create a better desktop rig , and buy open headphones … ehh I wish I knew i Would come to such conclusions before spending the money ;D And now I will have to spend money again for the desktop gear ;D God my wallet is begging me for mercy , just Wanted to share those thoughts as a head-fier

Nov 13, 2013 at 5:47 PM Post #6,717 of 18,652
Ahh after a month of owning the dx50 I just have made my mind up And probably will be selling it… great DAP but is it possible to truly appreciate high fidelity everywhere we go ? I actually caught myself getting 100% lost in the Music when i came Back home.Maybe it is wiser to create a better desktop rig , and buy open headphones … ehh I wish I knew i Would come to such conclusions before spending the money ;D And now I will have to spend money again for the desktop gear ;D God my wallet is begging me for mercy , just Wanted to share those thoughts as a head-fier

What did you just say that has anything to do with the DX50 driving HE400 headphones.  Still trying to figure out what you said.
Good luck with whatever!

Nov 13, 2013 at 5:52 PM Post #6,718 of 18,652
^^^^ROFL...
deadhorse.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back