The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Jun 18, 2015 at 10:36 AM Post #17,341 of 18,652
Thats okay, thanks anyway..
smile.gif

Jun 18, 2015 at 2:21 PM Post #17,342 of 18,652
I dont want to jinx it but I seem to have the DAC at 192000Khz working on windows 7 64bit with SU1.3.3

Jun 18, 2015 at 2:59 PM Post #17,344 of 18,652
Just plugged it in. It installed drivers automatically. Got audio then installed asio4all. Just seems to work.

Jun 18, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #17,345 of 18,652
I`m testing it atm! IT FREAKING WORKS @ 192KHz 24bit !!! 
blink.gif

I`m also running it @ Win7x64. Just plugged it in and works! No driver install or anything needed!
This is absurdly crazy!

Dmitry - You are magician! 

Jun 18, 2015 at 3:03 PM Post #17,346 of 18,652
Spoke to soon if I goto open asio4all panel in foobar it blue screens. Also have lag which I'm hoping I can fix

Update fixed by using 16bit 41khz so far.

Jun 18, 2015 at 3:10 PM Post #17,347 of 18,652
I`m using musicbee + ASIO4ALL and panel works without problems! Maybe You have similar problem like with original FW and drivers have - You have to set it once in ASIO4ALL panel off-line settings and then launch with music.

It plays music without problems but also having lag... 1sec delay after clicking song and songs seem littlebit slower paced?
rolleyes.gif

But sound is clean and great despite that...

I`m gonna try different settings and plugins...

Edit:

Set it several times to 16bit 44kHz and got blue screen. Seems that ASIO4ALL panel has some issues switching over to mango device. I had to set my aune t1 to 16/44 before, put music to play while DX50 connected and then go to ASIO4ALL panel and switch over to DX50, then close player and open up again player, open ASIO4ALL panel and turn all other stuff off and input of DX50 also off.

Now, no lag and everything works ok @ 16/44 with SU 1.3.3 ! Great!
tongue.gif
 Seems that DX50 isn`t capable of hi-res music without lag, it plays it but with start-lag. I had same issue with official drivers.
What baffles me is that how it can work without any drivers installed?
rolleyes.gif

Jun 18, 2015 at 3:37 PM Post #17,348 of 18,652
Yea im going to leave it at 16bit 41khz for now. If i open ASIO Panel and click to make it the active device it blue screens with 0x0a BSOD code Could be down to the motherboard so everyone would be different. 

Jun 18, 2015 at 3:44 PM Post #17,349 of 18,652
I think I had same BSOD code but now everything works ok.

SU 1.3.3 rocks! Thank You again and again Dmitry!
biggrin.gif

Edit:

Meh? It shows drivers installed?

Whatever! It works! 
biggrin.gif

Edit:

Well... VLC doesn`t seem to work with movies. It shows up (under DirectX output), I select it but no sound. And ASIO4ALL isn`t showing up.

SORRY! Everything works ok even with movies! No lag! I just had cable disconnected for a moment
redface.gif

Edit again:

Did some more investigating and testing... seems that OS just had iBasso "in memory". 
When I uninstalled it from device manager while connected, restarted and connected again as DAC - nothing happens and no audio device is recognized. So, seems it still needs drivers. 

Will experiment more and keep You updated.

Jun 18, 2015 at 4:28 PM Post #17,350 of 18,652

[COLOR=A9A9A9]But don`t forget to access hidden bootup menu and set it to lossless or FLAC-only mode (If You are using lossless files) and try different irr+cpu settings. Recommend to start with FLAC-only + IRR off + CPU default. If You like more intimate soundstage with more separation in width, then IRR ON + CPU 312.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=A9A9A9]But I recommend to try DOC`s FW`s too. New Docs Favourite Firmware Final version is also very good if You like more larger soundstage and imaging :wink: [/COLOR]

[COLOR=FF0000]If DOC would only make version of it with only tad smoother/dynamic highs... oh man, it would be endgame FW imo ;P[/COLOR]
[COLOR=A9A9A9]I haven`t tried surround version yet but will do it right away.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=A9A9A9]As a long time fan of Sound Unlocked 1.3.3 (flac-only, irr off, cpu default), I tried NDFFF for some days and it has amazing soundstage size and air between instruments/sounds, everything is so pushed apart and transparent. But unfortunately for me there is something littlebit "off" with highs (causes littlebit fatigue for my high-sensitive ears/brain) and kicks also have littlebit weird "spike" on top of "thump" hit. Hard to explain but sounds somewhat unnatural. Despite all those "issues" my pedantic ears/brain detects, definitely recommend to try it for large soundstage ) [/COLOR]

[COLOR=A9A9A9]But I have to admit, I might have "fallen in love" littlebit with DOC`s NFFF. Maybe it will fit better with my soon to arrive HAVI B3 Pro1 regarding highs. That would be awesome! But Piston V2.1 and Fidelio X1 also sound very good with NDFFF.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=0000FF]Ok, enough... going to try out that surround version now. But always before installing DOC`s FW be sure to check his FW list... it is endlessly renewing itself! ;D[/COLOR]

[COLOR=A9A9A9]Edit: Ok, tried that NDFFF surround edition and didn`t impress me with "improvements". Not sure yet but I think NDFFF is better.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=A9A9A9]       Atm going to try new sound explosion grand final.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=A9A9A9]Edit2: I think NSE grand final is better than NDFFF surround edition but NDFFF is better than both.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=A9A9A9]       Will experiment more between different editions. These are just short initial impressions.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=A9A9A9]Edit3: NDFFFinal > NSE Grand Final > NDFFF Surround Edition. Though I really like NDFFF, I must revert to Sound Unlocked 1.3.3 again, because of highs. Pity, I really think DOC would nail it if highs would be tad smoother/dynamic.[/COLOR]

After reading this so i completely have bad dilemma. I love the sound of SU 1.3.3 but i need "Gapless" because without it my songs (not all) always cutoff in the beginning of tracks, tried with single flac and cuesheet file but didn't work. Tried the NDFFF but your mentions make me confused, still brain burn with NDFFF now, don't know which is sounds better but the ''Gapless On'' definitely solved my problem. I have modified my headphone cable so the high is not fatigue anymore, but your mentions (fatigue high in NDFFF) make my brain confused..

Question for [COLOR=FF0000]RED[/COLOR] : is there any "FW that you want" today?

Question for [COLOR=0000FF]BLUE[/COLOR] : which is the newest famous DOC firmware? afaik the NDFFF is the famous one

What about DOC Sound Explosion series? is the Doc Sound Explosion 3rd edition good?

I know your questions weren't directed at me, but I find New DOCs Ultimate Final Firmware to have the best sound. That is with stock capacitors and an external amp. SU 1.3.3 definitely has the most sterile and clean sound though.

Jun 18, 2015 at 4:33 PM Post #17,351 of 18,652
Are You talking about New docs favourite firmware ultimate final or New DOCs Ultimate Final Firmware? Or are they same? I remember trying one named Ultimate final but which one, idk. Anyway NDFFF sounded better to me. Probably personal preference and gear difference.

Jun 18, 2015 at 4:51 PM Post #17,352 of 18,652
I know your questions weren't directed at me, but I find New DOCs Ultimate Final Firmware to have the best sound. That is with stock capacitors and an external amp. SU 1.3.3 definitely has the most sterile and clean sound though.

thanks, but unfortunately NDFFUF (i think you mean NEW DOC`S FAVORITE FIRMWARE ULTIMATE FINAL) gapless function doesn't work because it based on 1.50 stock FW. Tried this FW too but it seems doesn't match with my gear setup.

Are You talking about New docs favourite firmware ultimate final or New DOCs Ultimate Final Firmware? Or are they same? I remember trying one named Ultimate final but which one, idk. Anyway NDFFF sounded better to me. Probably personal preference and gear difference.

confusing FW name, but you're right maybe different caps and different gear affects SQ, because i think SU 1.3.3 has similiar sound with New Docs Sound Explosion 3rd Ed in my setup, idk, maybe i have to side by side listening to know the sound different, but its not possible because i don't have another modded dx50, that's why i ask you just want to hear your opinion.

Jun 18, 2015 at 5:20 PM Post #17,353 of 18,652

I think I had same BSOD code but now everything works ok.

SU 1.3.3 rocks! Thank You again and again Dmitry!
biggrin.gif

Edit:

Meh? It shows drivers installed?

Whatever! It works! 
biggrin.gif

Edit:

Well... VLC doesn`t seem to work with movies. It shows up (under DirectX output), I select it but no sound. And ASIO4ALL isn`t showing up.

SORRY! Everything works ok even with movies! No lag! I just had cable disconnected for a moment
redface.gif

Edit again:

Did some more investigating and testing... seems that OS just had iBasso "in memory". 
When I uninstalled it from device manager while connected, restarted and connected again as DAC - nothing happens and no audio device is recognized. So, seems it still needs drivers. 

Will experiment more and keep You updated.

Hmmm... seems driver install is still needed and same problems like before (i posted somewhere in this thread about it already). 
1) Do not use setup.bat for installing drivers or result will be BSOD.
2) Before switching to DX50 with ASIO4All, it needs to be launched with internal or other DAC to disable all others and enable DX50 on panel, close player/ASIO4ALL panel and start again.
    If not done this way = BSOD.
3) 192kHz 24bit seems to have lag. 16/44 works ok.

Jun 18, 2015 at 7:25 PM Post #17,354 of 18,652
  Hi All...

I'm a newbie in this forum, just wanna share my expression on the FW 1.9.2, its simply the most amazing sound I have ever heard from my portable setup... Although the UI still have some bugs, the sound is so addictive...  Thanks...

http://postimg.org/image/h1neewobf/

Welcome
biggrin.gif

For what it is, its great!

Jun 18, 2015 at 11:58 PM Post #17,355 of 18,652
I'm considering trying 1.9.2 and comparing it to DOCs firmware. I am procrastinating because I hate the work involved... :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back