The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Apr 17, 2015 at 12:42 PM Post #16,846 of 18,652
  I have black one, Mini Audio thicker silicone. The behaviour description You gave goes exactly same to what I experienced few days ago with wearing DX50 in my newly bought jacket.
I guess it depends what fabric is against the silicone and it explains quite a lot why I haven`t had any issues with static yet! Now I know and agree with what some ppl here are experiencing.
If I wear it inside jeans pocket, it`s ok. Natural fabrics seem also ok. As soon as synthetic(plastic) materials are used, it seems to cause problems. So far I have experienced it only with my new jacket which has synthetic slippy material pocket. On the other note, at workplace I`ve been using simple pocket type protection which is made from velour-like material (also synthetic) and it hasn`t caused any problems yet. So, I quess I also have to start thinking about static because I really don`t want to break my modded DX50 
frown.gif
 Probably will get that leather one (which is quite expensive) or thinking about making wooden one myself (but it`s quite hard to make small sized).

Did you decide to get the leather case, and if so, has it solved the static problem? 

Or can anyone else that has the leather case comment on its ability to eliminate the static problem?

Apr 17, 2015 at 1:09 PM Post #16,848 of 18,652
They said there was nothing done to intentionally change the sound (to paraphrase). But it seems any change to software, changes the sound so it is a constant work in progress, IMO. 

Apr 17, 2015 at 1:32 PM Post #16,849 of 18,652
Picked up a DX50 for £130 due to the box being opened.Bargain! thinking of combining this with the sony MDR-1As

Apr 17, 2015 at 2:08 PM Post #16,850 of 18,652
  Picked up a DX50 for £130 due to the box being opened.Bargain! thinking of combining this with the sony MDR-1As

Nice! Warehouse deal? :) You're gonna have a great time!

Apr 17, 2015 at 3:18 PM Post #16,851 of 18,652

I have black one, Mini Audio thicker silicone. The behaviour description You gave goes exactly same to what I experienced few days ago with wearing DX50 in my newly bought jacket.
I guess it depends what fabric is against the silicone and it explains quite a lot why I haven`t had any issues with static yet! Now I know and agree with what some ppl here are experiencing.
If I wear it inside jeans pocket, it`s ok. Natural fabrics seem also ok. As soon as synthetic(plastic) materials are used, it seems to cause problems. So far I have experienced it only with my new jacket which has synthetic slippy material pocket. On the other note, at workplace I`ve been using simple pocket type protection which is made from velour-like material (also synthetic) and it hasn`t caused any problems yet. So, I quess I also have to start thinking about static because I really don`t want to break my modded DX50 
frown.gif
 Probably will get that leather one (which is quite expensive) or thinking about making wooden one myself (but it`s quite hard to make small sized).

Did you decide to get the leather case, and if so, has it solved the static problem? 

Or can anyone else that has the leather case comment on its ability to eliminate the static problem?

No, I haven`t bought it yet. But I`m not 100% sure it was caused by silicone because today I wore same jacket but another headphones (KZ r35) which have pvc sleeving and no problems occurred. I think static might have came from Piston2 fabric/kevlar wire moving against jacket synthetic fabric. 

Another thing... update about microSD card reader:

Just bought this OTG mSD card reader for ~2£ http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400834118919?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Wanted to buy Meenova Dash Micro but couldn`t find it on sale in EU. But I think it will do fine also and I will try to "chop" it even smaller 
tongue.gif

Update about this mSD card reader - it doesn`t work as it should with DX50. It recognizes all the data on card and I can even play first selected song but as soon as I change album or song, it stops and doesn`t show anything on mSD card anymore. I have tried reformatting card to FAT32 and exFAT but still same problem. Now, I have no idea if this problem is caused by reader itself or SU firmware. It played from USB stick nicely with different OTG adapter. So, I ordered different otg card reader for my 64GB mSDXC. Will keep You all updated. 
Still haven`t found place where to buy meenova dash micro from EU.

And about reformatting mSD card, so far 2 programs have been doing exFAT to FAT32 really well and fast. First is http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm and second is https://rufus.akeo.ie/?locale=sr_RS 

This time I bought this OTG adapter: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/351169366328?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

unfortunately it behaves same way. I`m starting to think it`s from SU 1.3.3. Need to try official FW to see if problem is in FW. If so then I`m first time littlebit unhappy with SU... but I love the SQ so much that I`m willing to let it be and keep using SU, just have to swap cards.

Apr 17, 2015 at 4:13 PM Post #16,852 of 18,652
  Nice! Warehouse deal? :) You're gonna have a great time!

i was on Advanced mp3 players site thinking of buying one and spotted it in the corner under clearance.
Great to see dual boot with rockbox support at least i can compare the 2 UI's for my liking that with the battery removal makes this a great player.
It was either going to be this or a Fiio X3K. 

Apr 18, 2015 at 2:02 PM Post #16,856 of 18,652
  With current firmware (1.9.2) playlist import crashes on entry with long path that has 226 signs (problem didn't occur on previous version of firmware).

Did you do a factory reset?

Apr 18, 2015 at 2:54 PM Post #16,857 of 18,652
Yeah i did, I even did full rescan of library, just wondering if there is any max path length for playliist import function. Or maybe that's not the path fault, when i cutted them of, playlist import just skipping them (of course i did library rescan after moving files). I Will try remove the audio_data folder manually and then run library rescan again.

So additionally it crashes on invalid entries (which points to path that doesn't exist).

To sum this up, after i cutted pathes to under 200 signs it doesn't crash, so there must be some kind of max path length for playlist entry.

Apr 20, 2015 at 1:59 AM Post #16,858 of 18,652
User name: Anton
Do you plan to release USB-DAC drivers DX50 for Mac OS? I have only mac os and dx50 
color]

iBasso:
Hi,
Thank you for your email.
We are still working on the Mac DAC support.  We should able to release this function in less than 2 months. 

Apr 20, 2015 at 2:00 AM Post #16,859 of 18,652
User name: Anton
Do you plan to release USB-DAC drivers DX50 for Mac OS? I have only mac os and dx50.

iBasso:
Hi,
Thank you for your email.
We are still working on the Mac DAC support
 We should able to release this function in less than 2 months

Apr 20, 2015 at 11:48 AM Post #16,860 of 18,652
Tried 1.9.2 and amusingly it actually functions worse with playlists for me; would skip a number of songs when importing playlists and I couldn't figure out why.  Gave up on it, went back to 1.6 which works better (still skips some, but far fewer).  It's not an apostrophe thing either; I really have no idea what the problem is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back