The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Apr 20, 2015 at 12:33 PM Post #16,861 of 18,652
Seems like same old iBasso FW "progress" story ...when will they get a new AND bug-free FW out, I wonder 
confused.gif

Apr 20, 2015 at 1:19 PM Post #16,862 of 18,652
  User name: Anton
Do you plan to release USB-DAC drivers DX50 for Mac OS? I have only mac os and dx50.

iBasso:
Hi,
Thank you for your email.
We are still working on the Mac DAC support
 We should able to release this function in less than 2 months

Yes we have it as a priority to get the driver done.

Tried 1.9.2 and amusingly it actually functions worse with playlists for me; would skip a number of songs when importing playlists and I couldn't figure out why.  Gave up on it, went back to 1.6 which works better (still skips some, but far fewer).  It's not an apostrophe thing either; I really have no idea what the problem is.

I have reported this to the SW team.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Apr 20, 2015 at 2:29 PM Post #16,863 of 18,652
Ended up getting a DX50 with Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 over ears. £130 for the DX50 and £190 for the headphones £130 saving all in all. Great weekend! 

Apr 20, 2015 at 2:47 PM Post #16,864 of 18,652
Ended up getting a DX50 with Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 over ears. £130 for the DX50 and £190 for the headphones £130 saving all in all. Great weekend! 

DX50 is a decent little player, particularly on firmware v1.6.0 for me. I think it does specially well with full-size headphones. Funny actually as I used to be quite critical about its performance, but it's surely lasted some of the longest duration in my DAP collection and runs my Grado 325e full-time.

Have fun with it.

Apr 20, 2015 at 3:05 PM Post #16,865 of 18,652
DX50 is a decent little player, particularly on firmware v1.6.0 for me. I think it does specially well with full-size headphones. Funny actually as I used to be quite critical about its performance, but it's surely lasted some of the longest duration in my DAP collection and runs my Grado 325e full-time.

Have fun with it.

I have 2 sets of Grados the old SR60's and the SR80i's both of wish really do need looking after as they just fell apart on me over time so i didnt go back. I still get them if they ever improve the build quality thats just my opinion of course.

Apr 20, 2015 at 3:19 PM Post #16,866 of 18,652
I have 2 sets of Grados the old SR60's and the SR80i's both of wish really do need looking after as they just fell apart on me over time so i didnt go back. I still get them if they ever improve the build quality thats just my opinion of course.

Dust off those SR80i and treat them to some new pads. They may be good friends with your DX50. :wink:

Apr 20, 2015 at 4:14 PM Post #16,867 of 18,652
  Tried 1.9.2 and amusingly it actually functions worse with playlists for me; would skip a number of songs when importing playlists and I couldn't figure out why.  Gave up on it, went back to 1.6 which works better (still skips some, but far fewer).  It's not an apostrophe thing either; I really have no idea what the problem is.

Check my problems above, you need to keep your song paths under 200 signs per single one. Additionally your playlist should be encoded in UTF8 (foobar2000 for example exports to m3u with ANSI encoding by default).

Apr 20, 2015 at 4:25 PM Post #16,868 of 18,652
Dust off those SR80i and treat them to some new pads. They may be good friends with your DX50.
wink.gif

I dont have them anymore . I replaced the SR60s with the 80i's and i didnt like the 80i's earpads much preferred the non i's 

Apr 20, 2015 at 8:38 PM Post #16,869 of 18,652

Check my problems above, you need to keep your song paths under 200 signs per single one. Additionally your playlist should be encoded in UTF8 (foobar2000 for example exports to m3u with ANSI encoding by default).

I do have them in UTF8, made sure of that.  And thanks for the 200 character length thing as I didn't know about that, but unfortunately it's not it.  It's not the types of characters either, as other files with the same characters will work.  And it's not corrupted files as there's no issue playing them and I can actually add them to a playlist manually.  They just won't show up if I import a playlist.  Luckily it's not too many songs in 1.6 so it's not a huge deal.

Apr 21, 2015 at 8:17 AM Post #16,870 of 18,652
I have had the sr60i's, but when the pads fell off I was never able to get them back on.

Apr 21, 2015 at 8:21 AM Post #16,871 of 18,652
I have had the sr60i's, but when the pads fell off I was never able to get them back on.
Yea without tearing them. Now I remember. Got the momentums but the courier hasn't arrived with the DX50 so I plugged them into my LG g3 phone but they don't sound great. I'm hoping this changes when the DX50 arrives..

Apr 21, 2015 at 9:24 PM Post #16,873 of 18,652
First impressions of the DX50 after about 4hours use. Wow! Amazing sound. Can't wait for my headphones to burn in but having something like this in my pocket is incredible. A couple of glitches I've noticed but I'll say when I'm less tired.

1 thing though I added a EQ just now (1.9.2) which sounds great but I noticed what I think is a glitch as the sound is now worse then it was with the EQ originally off not sure it's just me or not so maybe someone could confirm

Apr 22, 2015 at 9:00 AM Post #16,874 of 18,652
The sound is slightly quieter with EQ on, hopefully not worse. I find it more natural with EQ. It is a personal choice though I find the device a little coarse and too strong without EQ but this may due to the music I am listening to. I also think the preset EQs are not good and enjoy bringing out the mid frequencies and slightly reducing bass gives a delightful sound.

This dip when EQ is on is true of all Android based devices (as you may be surprised to know this device is) and to keep within legal output limits. The converse is also true, the more amplified line out cannot set EQ which is best done at the end listening device point.

Apr 22, 2015 at 9:37 AM Post #16,875 of 18,652
The sound is slightly quieter with EQ on, hopefully not worse. I find it more natural with EQ. It is a personal choice though I find the device a little coarse and too strong without EQ but this may due to the music I am listening to. I also think the preset EQs are not good and enjoy bringing out the mid frequencies and slightly reducing bass gives a delightful sound.

This dip when EQ is on is true of all Android based devices (as you may be surprised to know this device is) and to keep within legal output limits. The converse is also true, the more amplified line out cannot set EQ which is best done at the end listening device point.

Yes but the sound quailty got worse after i switched the EQ off again. I did forget to mention that i was mostly listening to 1.6.0 for a few hours then i put the rockbox 1.9,2 mod on (which i dont like the UI so went back to mango) So could be to do with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back