The iBasso D12, dual dacs . images . new Sysconcept optical cable . . Topkit by HiFlight. .
Mar 28, 2012 at 5:41 PM Post #526 of 606
After rolling with dozen of combinations, I turned back to earlier suggestion of Hiflight combination on the topkit (jazz/classical opamp (2209) and dummy buffer)...and WOW..

IMO, this is the best combination, you guys should try it... the D12 with that combination is almost as clean as 8599 without leaning on high. It is more balance but slightly less mellow compared with OPA1611/1612.

I don't know why ibasso include the single dummy (short circuit pin 3,6) for D12, The buffer should be dual (short circuit between Pin 1&3 and pin 5&7) like in some post in SM3 amp forum. So I made myself 2 buffers... I think this buffer sound better and so far have not burned my D12.

Mar 29, 2012 at 2:03 PM Post #529 of 606

Quote:
"USB Audio Codec" in playback in sound --> you can change the name to whatever later... I am not sure why you ask about "input" in USB port of D12?

I asked as I do recall seeing a "Microphone" associated with the D12 once I plugged in (aside from the "USB Audio Codec"). I wanted to know if this is what I am supposed to see and could use.

Mar 29, 2012 at 2:40 PM Post #530 of 606

Quote:
I asked as I do recall seeing a "Microphone" associated with the D12 once I plugged in (aside from the "USB Audio Codec"). I wanted to know if this is what I am supposed to see and could use.

I got it too, ibaso D12 does not have microphone...... windows/audio driver sometimes take some dummy things, my asus xonar STX even has 4 input devices recognized.

Apr 1, 2012 at 3:21 AM Post #535 of 606
Hi guys.. I tried Googling and I'm not really sure where to ask this.. please point me to the right direction.

I just got my D12 yesterday and I'm experiencing some problems (first time DAC/AMP owner too). When I receive a message on my iPhone I get some interference on my headphones (doesn't happen without the D12), the sort of sound you get when you put a phone near speakers. Is this normal? The D12 is plugged into my PC using the toslink provided and powered by the USB cable. My headphones are Alessandro MS2i.

Another problem is when I turn on the D12, I get this hissing sound, it gets louder as I turn the volume up. When I play a song the hiss goes away. When I stop the song, the hiss is not there anymore. The hiss is only present the first time I turn the D12 on. If a song is playing and I turn the D12 on, the hiss is not present as well. My player is Foobar2000 using wasapi at 1000ms 24bits. To avoid the annoying hiss, I now turn the music on first before turning on the D12. What might be the problem here?

Did I get a bad unit or something?

The D12 is also set to low gain by the way and the headphone is plugged in into the input that says "phone".

Also, I didn't notice any significant different when using the D12 or without, this could probably be a problem with my ears I suppose.

Apr 1, 2012 at 11:07 AM Post #536 of 606

Quote:
Hi guys.. I tried Googling and I'm not really sure where to ask this.. please point me to the right direction.

I just got my D12 yesterday and I'm experiencing some problems (first time DAC/AMP owner too). When I receive a message on my iPhone I get some interference on my headphones (doesn't happen without the D12), the sort of sound you get when you put a phone near speakers. Is this normal? The D12 is plugged into my PC using the toslink provided and powered by the USB cable. My headphones are Alessandro MS2i.

Another problem is when I turn on the D12, I get this hissing sound, it gets louder as I turn the volume up. When I play a song the hiss goes away. When I stop the song, the hiss is not there anymore. The hiss is only present the first time I turn the D12 on. If a song is playing and I turn the D12 on, the hiss is not present as well. My player is Foobar2000 using wasapi at 1000ms 24bits. To avoid the annoying hiss, I now turn the music on first before turning on the D12. What might be the problem here?

Did I get a bad unit or something?

The D12 is also set to low gain by the way and the headphone is plugged in into the input that says "phone".

Also, I didn't notice any significant different when using the D12 or without, this could probably be a problem with my ears I suppose.

Regarding the hiss, from my experiences with D12, there are 2 possible reasons. Other than these, I don't know..
- The USB hub: you can unplug the D12 from USB port and see if the noise is there.
- The optical link: I have not tried wasabi, but using foobar with ASIO, there is no noise on mine. Sometimes the optical signal is not clean though. I recalled there are significant hiss when I used direct optical link from my Xonar STX. I reinstalled driver, and tried to mute all other noise in windows, then it disappeared. However, I think ASIO is the way to go.

Apr 1, 2012 at 9:58 PM Post #537 of 606
Thanks for your reply civilaudio! I found out the problem (I think) and it's because of my silliness. I setup the playback on my pc to 24/192k and that gave me the problems. I have since switched it back to 24/96 and the interference and hiss have gone away. I even tried using my iPhone right next to the D12 and the interference is gone. I only had 10 minutes to play around with it this morning, will try it again later when I get home from work and report back if it doesnt work.

Apr 2, 2012 at 12:33 AM Post #538 of 606

Quote:
Thanks for your reply civilaudio! I found out the problem (I think) and it's because of my silliness. I setup the playback on my pc to 24/192k and that gave me the problems. I have since switched it back to 24/96 and the interference and hiss have gone away. I even tried using my iPhone right next to the D12 and the interference is gone. I only had 10 minutes to play around with it this morning, will try it again later when I get home from work and report back if it doesnt work.

I did think of that issue but that problem normally persists when you play music with your player (which you said it disappeared). Properly the player "wasapi (?)" takes control of the output and change the bit rate so the noise went away...

Anyway, if the problem is just the bit rate then your D12 is just fine.

Apr 5, 2012 at 3:14 AM Post #539 of 606
The interference from the phone is still there (if I use an iphone bumper its less), but the initial "turn on" hiss sound is gone.

One quick question (perhaps the wrong place to ask this), if my flac is 16/44 and I set the playback to 24/96, it wont matter right?

Apr 5, 2012 at 11:08 PM Post #540 of 606

Quote:
The interference from the phone is still there (if I use an iphone bumper its less), but the initial "turn on" hiss sound is gone.

One quick question (perhaps the wrong place to ask this), if my flac is 16/44 and I set the playback to 24/96, it wont matter right?

I think it is part of bigger discussion whether upsampling (oversampling) is good or bad... IMO, it is still best if we the same rate as source (frankly I don't have much 24bit music to play... only 1 or 2)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back