The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Apr 6, 2018 at 12:20 PM Post #751 of 6,859
Hey! I remember answering your question on reddit about the Shanling M0 :D

Of the "new" and "budget" players at CanJam SG, I liked the sound of the HiBy R3 the most. It just sounded the cleanest to my ears. In terms of sound quality, I thought HiBy R3 > FiiO M7 > Shanling M0. Of course the R3 didn't have as wide of a stage or as much microdetail compared to the R6, but it was solid for the price.

Hello! Thanks for answering back then, yes how can I forget a flair with Custom Art inside :wink: I'm just stuck in a dilemma whether to go with old school dual DAC with less features (Onkyo DP-S1), or new school single DAC (R3). Sigh, choices.

At least looking on paper, and confirmed by your test, the Fiio M7 really isn't pulling its sound weight compared to its price and design.

Apr 6, 2018 at 6:46 PM Post #755 of 6,859
Does anyone which balanced cables are suitable for R3 and IEMs Etymotic ER4PT? THANKS
ER4PT seem to have a fixed/attached cable , you can try a 3.5mm to 2.5mm trrs adapter , but it might not bring anything in quality , rather will just give more power . ER4XR seem to have an MMCX DEtachable cable , which you can swap for a true 2.5mm trrs balanced cable . I have neither IEMs , so i might be wrong .
A place to look for some balanced cables would be Penon audio store site and Aliexpress , amazon , ebay .

Apr 6, 2018 at 9:54 PM Post #756 of 6,859
Get the R6.
I was sent an early (knowingly on my part) unit with a goal of having a working one to review. The device I have is unable to do DSP (MSEB), it also has a warm sound like X5iii which I like for long listening but detail is lost. Is that related to this unit and it's condition? i have no idea. The R6 early unit had none of these issues. In fact it is a badass device from the day it first got turned on.

The DH1000 is fantastic which is shocking given Hidisz recent issues. The treble on DH1000 has more detail than other 2 but it needs a case 100% without question. Piano black lacquer finish....on both sides..the fuuuu?

Hey! I remember answering your question on reddit about the Shanling M0 :D

Of the "new" and "budget" players at CanJam SG, I liked the sound of the HiBy R3 the most. It just sounded the cleanest to my ears. In terms of sound quality, I thought HiBy R3 > FiiO M7 > Shanling M0. Of course the R3 didn't have as wide of a stage or as much microdetail compared to the R6, but it was solid for the price.

@Hawaiibadboy I'm curious, do you still find the X5iii/warm sound less details comparison a good description of the R3?

@MXRaia do you remember how the sound signature compares to the R6? Was it still similar just with a narrower stage and less microdetails, or is the tuning slightly different?

Apr 6, 2018 at 10:39 PM Post #757 of 6,859
@Hawaiibadboy I'm curious, do you still find the X5iii/warm sound less details comparison a good description of the R3?

@MXRaia do you remember how the sound signature compares to the R6? Was it still similar just with a narrower stage and less microdetails, or is the tuning slightly different?
I am going to pick up a fully working unit in an hour and will be back and have answers for you tonight...using specific tracks :)

Apr 6, 2018 at 11:04 PM Post #758 of 6,859
I am going to pick up a fully working unit in an hour and will be back and have answers for you tonight...using specific tracks :)
Now THAT is exciting news!!

Apr 7, 2018 at 3:26 AM Post #761 of 6,859
very nice, great news dude!

Apr 7, 2018 at 3:28 AM Post #762 of 6,859
Hey Joe, off the cuff i dont remember my backing number but is it imperative you use Fedex or DHL for delivery to India? I was hoping Singapore Post or China Post would be the preferred logistics partner for India at least. The problem is duty would be charged through fedex and DHL at about 40% of the total declared value. That makes the final price paid a little on the higher side. Almost $70 + on customs duty perhaps.
also i think that they will ship via registered post because it will be quite cheaper than fedex or dhl (like $7-$8 vs $25-$30 cheap). But i don't know, have they mentioned it anywhere that they will ship via these shipping partners?

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2018 at 3:51 AM Post #763 of 6,859
also i think that they will ship via registered post because it will be quite cheaper than fedex or dhl (like $7-$8 vs $25-$30 cheap). But i don't know, have they mentioned it anywhere that they will ship via these shipping partners?
Not specifically but im just being careful and asking nonetheless. You realise an addition of 40% duty is going to make this not such a sweet deal.

Apr 7, 2018 at 3:54 AM Post #764 of 6,859
Not specifically but im just being careful and asking nonetheless. You realise an addition of 40% duty is going to make this not such a sweet deal.
same here, but it is highly unlikely for them to ship with anything except registered post. It won't make any sense for them to ship with anything else

Apr 7, 2018 at 5:05 AM Post #765 of 6,859
20180407_165710.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back