The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Feb 21, 2018 at 2:36 PM Post #47 of 6,859
Hopefully a discount applies for first orders. I will probably snatch one early. Looks nice and UI is attractive. Has output power been mentioned?
Have not seen anything about power output yet.
- Impedance is supposed to be "under 1 ohm".
- It's Single DAC, while the R6 is Dual and exactly the same kind.
- The R3 may be Linux Based instead of Android, based on one website...

Feb 22, 2018 at 3:22 AM Post #48 of 6,859
Why does Hiby keep using the inferior and non standard 2.5mm plug for balanced output on its DAP products when everyone is now moving to the supperior and defacto standard 4.4mm plug instead? I am not buying a DAP that's not using 4.4mm for balanced, period.

Feb 22, 2018 at 4:49 AM Post #49 of 6,859
Have not seen anything about power output yet.
- Impedance is supposed to be "under 1 ohm".
- It's Single DAC, while the R6 is Dual and exactly the same kind.
- The R3 may be Linux Based instead of Android, based on one website...
Does anybody knows if R3 will support line out operation (for amp pairing) and will this release be supported from Kickstarter on Indiegogo sites??

Feb 22, 2018 at 7:14 AM Post #50 of 6,859
Does anybody knows if R3 will support line out operation (for amp pairing) and will this release be supported from Kickstarter on Indiegogo sites??

I had reached out to Hiby via email to ask them a few questions and received this answer... “Thanks for reaching out to us. We plan to launch R3 in March on Kickstarter, and the shipping should be after the campaign ends.”

Feb 28, 2018 at 4:11 AM Post #60 of 6,859
I'm sure they are feeling the need to up their game if the r3 is received like the r6 has been so far. I just want to know how much it is and when we can buy it. Is it supposed to be ready for sale soon or is it going to be an Indiegogo campaign like the r6?

It is going to launched at kickstarter first and then at indiegogo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back