The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Feb 19, 2018 at 8:04 PM Post #32 of 6,859
or a good leather case like the Shanling with a flap to cover the face of the player to protect the screen.

Feb 19, 2018 at 9:58 PM Post #33 of 6,859
I vote for transparent cover! Maybe a hard case with a clip?

Might the R3 handle WAV tagging? I haven’t looked through all this or R6 threads but here’s to hoping!

Feb 19, 2018 at 10:10 PM Post #34 of 6,859
I vote for transparent cover! Maybe a hard case with a clip?

Might the R3 handle WAV tagging? I haven’t looked through all this or R6 threads but here’s to hoping!
A transparent soft gel case would compliment this device ideally as it would not add much to its weight and overall dimensions (which is where it actually differs from competition and excels) plus it would not cover its great sleek looks :)

Feb 20, 2018 at 12:51 AM Post #36 of 6,859
Vertical scrolling and overall UI performance looks great!

Is it same SOC as R6?

If reviews are good I will definitely snag one. Hopefully in steel!

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2018 at 1:59 AM Post #37 of 6,859
A really low output impedance <0,5 Ohm would also be nice! For me it also don‘t need to much power. Would use it most of the time with sensitive IEMs and therefore some headroom with the volume would be nice.

Feb 20, 2018 at 2:13 AM Post #38 of 6,859
Should be interesting competition:
FiiO had their coming M7 in CanJam this past weekend. I played with it for 5 minutes, and it was very enjoyable!
They are using a Samsung SOC and running (supposedly) Android 8.0 based OS.
Price in China 1400RMB ($220 USD). 3" (or so) display that looked nice (not as nice as R6).

I am very excited to see the upcoming HiBy R3 vs FiiO M7 competition :)

Feb 20, 2018 at 10:17 PM Post #41 of 6,859
This looks promising no doubt.

If you were FIIO, Shanling, or Cayin how would you feel about this unit coming out?
I'm sure they are feeling the need to up their game if the r3 is received like the r6 has been so far. I just want to know how much it is and when we can buy it. Is it supposed to be ready for sale soon or is it going to be an Indiegogo campaign like the r6?

Editing to ask if anyone knows if the bidirectional bluetooth in the r3 will allow us to stream Spotify from a phone laptop or tablet to the r3 to take advantage of it's dac and amplifier section in our pocket. If so it would make the Astell & Kern xb10 Bluetooth receiver I was thinking of picking up redundant.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2018 at 10:28 PM Post #42 of 6,859
I'm sure they are feeling the need to up their game if the r3 is received like the r6 has been so far. I just want to know how much it is and when we can buy it. Is it supposed to be ready for sale soon or is it going to be an Indiegogo campaign like the r6?

It sounded like a campaign with early-adopter specials. I’ve been looking for something new but nothing has caught my fancy yet. The Plenue J or D but I don’t know about a the UI of those. I liked the older Plenue UI but the newer one looks lacking. This on the other had looks very intriguing.

Feb 20, 2018 at 10:38 PM Post #43 of 6,859
Well I referenced FIIO, Shanling, and Cayin because they are also customers of HiBy. Sort of like Microsoft introducing the Surface when you sell a Windows PC.
But the PC market needed shaking up; where is this is a new market so the analogy to Microsoft does not quite fit. The Surface was intended to wake up its OEM customers to an opportunity. I don’t think FIIO, Shanling, and Cayin are asleep at the switch. I just fear they drop HiBy and create a new company.....or grin and bear it.

You do realize that if you own recent players from these vendors and probably others, and have firmware issues; the firmware updates come primarily from HiBy?

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2018 at 2:06 AM Post #44 of 6,859
So gonna getting this one......
Pleaae GOD let it be under 250....
Pleaseeeeeeeeeee..........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back