The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Jan 5, 2019 at 3:07 PM Post #4,996 of 6,859
Yes, it is a pity that 2.5mm balanced out is missing and it is the main point I came to R3.
But, since I own Q5, it can be my balanced out from M6, but my original idea to get this is
its capability of 2-way bluetooth.
I was about to get a cheaper BTR3, and after look and look, came to this DAP then M6.
These products came out so quick that I cannot make my mind fearing that I bought a
out-dated one.

Jan 5, 2019 at 6:17 PM Post #4,999 of 6,859

Thanks, did not get anything with bt strength but I think the m6 is a little too long for my use. What I like about the r3 is it just fits my shirts front pockets for hiking.

Whats killing it is the bt strength signal. In winter with a loth of clothing etc it has to be place the correct way in a waterproof bag to work, no such problems with the lg g7 phone. Also tested at home, with lg g7 phone and the jabra 65 or mavin tws I could walk around the house with no issues, the r3 stopped after the first wall.

Jan 6, 2019 at 7:36 AM Post #5,000 of 6,859
Hi all,

I'm on the hunt for some iems which pair well with the R3 and wondered if there were any recommendations

The only must point are MMCX connectors (I have a nice balanced cable I use)

Main source is the R3 and I listen to most genre's except metal/rock

Like a reasonable low end (not a bass head) but equally like nice mids with a mild treble

Anything fit the bill? Budget is around £200 absolute maximum

Thanks

Jan 6, 2019 at 10:45 AM Post #5,002 of 6,859
It has no balanced 2.5 output, so no competition as far as I'm concerned. If they added that, it would be interesting because of support for streaming services like Spotify.
I’ve ordered one and sold my R3. Balanced is of no concern to me as I’m using it as a digital transport into my Mojo

Jan 6, 2019 at 4:14 PM Post #5,003 of 6,859
I’ve ordered one and sold my R3. Balanced is of no concern to me as I’m using it as a digital transport into my Mojo

I have been happily using the R3 as transport for the Mojo, so I am curious as to what improvements you are expecting from the FIIO DAP?

Jan 6, 2019 at 5:26 PM Post #5,004 of 6,859
I have been happily using the R3 as transport for the Mojo, so I am curious as to what improvements you are expecting from the FIIO DAP?
You have no issues with your R3??

Jan 6, 2019 at 7:41 PM Post #5,005 of 6,859
I’m using the r3 as mojo transport also. I haven’t had any firmware issues with the device, currently running a 200 gb micro full of flac.

Jan 6, 2019 at 7:58 PM Post #5,006 of 6,859
But then I pulled out and plugged in my Zen 2s into the balanced output of the R3 and it beat everything including itself using the Soundmagic E80s in standard the 3.5 jack.

Which percentage of volume do you need on the R3 for your balanced Zen 2.0?
Thanks!

Jan 6, 2019 at 9:59 PM Post #5,007 of 6,859
Hi all,

I'm on the hunt for some iems which pair well with the R3 and wondered if there were any recommendations

The only must point are MMCX connectors (I have a nice balanced cable I use)

Main source is the R3 and I listen to most genre's except metal/rock

Like a reasonable low end (not a bass head) but equally like nice mids with a mild treble

Anything fit the bill? Budget is around £200 absolute maximum

Thanks
I pair it with the FH5 (single ended) and am pretty happy.

Jan 7, 2019 at 9:14 AM Post #5,009 of 6,859
You have no issues with your R3??
Not really. Sure, there are some wishes for improvement in the UI but generally I am really loving this little stack! I especially like the perfect size, I suspect it was designed from the start to be stacked with the Mojo.

That’s why I asked what you are looking for in the FIIO M6.

Jan 7, 2019 at 9:36 AM Post #5,010 of 6,859
Hello guys,

I'm waiting for my Hiby to arrive this week. It was announced recently that Tidal Masters roll-out to all Android devices. I confirm that it's available in Switzerland, just downloaded the update on my Pixel 2 and it's working great.
Any changes/improvement on the Hiby R3 with this update? Are all MQA tracks correctly playing in MQA format now?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back