The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Sep 22, 2018 at 3:43 AM Post #4,442 of 6,859
No worries.

Honestly I'm also a bit disappointed with the R3 - not only with the device itself but the head-fi (not just this forum, but around the internet in general) community's inability to point out the many software flaws and bugs with the device, especially for one that is being sold as a supposedly very tech-smart and capable device. This device would make a case study of what's it like for the customers acting as beta-tester of the tech-gadget world.

Sorry man, but I am wondering which thread you have been reading before you bought R3 ?

How you could miss hundreds of problem reports is beyond me. I alone reported 10+ issues.

Sep 22, 2018 at 6:56 AM Post #4,443 of 6,859
Anyone tried comparing sony nw a45 vs R3? Does R3 feel more superior than the a45 in terms of SQ only?
i have both and the a45 using the 3.5mm output is better than the R3 better bass and treble to my ears ..the balanced output beats the a45 its is more dynamic ..selling my red R3 too many daps i own..

Sep 22, 2018 at 7:08 AM Post #4,444 of 6,859
Sorry man, but I am wondering which thread you have been reading before you bought R3 ?

How you could miss hundreds of problem reports is beyond me. I alone reported 10+ issues.

Indeed, check page 275 (Aug 22nd) for a post from Vimtoman that compiles nearly 30 issues that people had reported here & had been sent to Hiby, & that JoeBloggs said they were looking at

Sep 22, 2018 at 8:55 AM Post #4,445 of 6,859
Indeed, check page 275 (Aug 22nd) for a post from Vimtoman that compiles nearly 30 issues that people had reported here & had been sent to Hiby, & that JoeBloggs said they were looking at

A few of those need striking off the list as Hiby has started to sort them out.
If anybody has noticed any that have been please let me know.

I feel that Hiby is ready to take the horns of bull and ride it hard . Ye Hah.

What you reckon @fanoble

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2018 at 12:28 PM Post #4,448 of 6,859
Can anybody explain to me what the different USB modes (storage, audio, dock) do? Switching between them doesn't cause any change in anything for me
Storage - use as a USB drive to put music on the device
Audio - use as a DAC to play music from the computer
Dock - just charging, no data connection???

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2018 at 10:32 PM Post #4,451 of 6,859
Storage - use as a USB drive to put music on the device
Audio - use as a DAC to play music from the computer
Dock - just charging, no data connection
This is the reply i got from Hiby

upload_2018-9-23_8-2-5.png

Sep 22, 2018 at 10:42 PM Post #4,453 of 6,859
Their definition of "dock" seems like gibberish to me. Any idea what it is supposed to mean?
I am as perplexed about it as i was the day i got the reply. It's been a month :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back