The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Jun 25, 2018 at 1:43 AM Post #2,746 of 6,859
I've tried lrc files and embedding lyrics via Musicbee but I can't get lyrics to display - has anyone got it?

Playlists still don't work for me either. I can open them from file explorer but it doesn't load up in the Playlists section of the R3.

Jun 25, 2018 at 2:53 AM Post #2,747 of 6,859
An idiosyncrasy which you might or might not have experienced.

When I format a blank card and transfer one file, the R3 scans it fine. If I transfer another file and try to scan, the R3 will not see the new file even though it is on the card.

I’ve since found that I need to hard reset (hold down the power button for 15 seconds) and then power up. If I then rescan, the R3 will finally recognise the new files in the music directory.

I’m not sure if this is deliberate. My R6 does not behave this way.

Are others finding the same behaviour of their R3?

Is that from transferring file via USB? if so try transfering to sd direct.

Jun 25, 2018 at 4:19 AM Post #2,749 of 6,859
It is either. That is, it happens if I transfer to the card already in the R3 or use a card reader and then insert back into the R3.
No poblems with a 400mb card, are you using a PC or Mac? What is the format of your card exFAT works with out a problem. It would be good if HiBy added to only scan newly added rather than the whole card each time something is added.

Jun 25, 2018 at 5:19 AM Post #2,750 of 6,859
It is either. That is, it happens if I transfer to the card already in the R3 or use a card reader and then insert back into the R3.

Is the card functioning normally and files listed correctly if you load it on your computer? It may be a card issue.

I've redone my library a few times for replaygain and unsuccessful playlist/lyrics, and each time I reload my microSD card, I factory reset the R3 and delete Song List, which works fine.

Jun 25, 2018 at 5:44 AM Post #2,751 of 6,859
Is the card functioning normally and files listed correctly if you load it on your computer? It may be a card issue.

I've redone my library a few times for replaygain and unsuccessful playlist/lyrics, and each time I reload my microSD card, I factory reset the R3 and delete Song List, which works fine.
It happens so far with 3 fresh cards of different brands (sandisk, Samsung) which work perfectly as expected in a multitude of other devices (AK70, m2s, N6, M3, R6). It is formatted exfat. It happens whether transferred from windows or Mac. It happens whether music update is set to manual or automatic.

I am happy for anyone whose file transfer is working flawlessly. I know enough to know that mine isn’t.

Anyone with the same issue please speak up.

Jun 25, 2018 at 5:49 AM Post #2,752 of 6,859
It happens so far with 3 fresh cards of different brands (sandisk, Samsung) which work perfectly as expected in a multitude of other devices (AK70, m2s, N6, M3, R6). It is formatted exfat. It happens whether transferred from windows or Mac. It happens whether music update is set to manual or automatic.

I am happy for anyone whose file transfer is working flawlessly. I know enough to know that mine isn’t.

Anyone with the same issue please speak up.

This is unusual. If this persists after hard reset (holding power 15s) and factory reset with "Delete Song List" in Settings you should reach out to @Joe Bloggs/@fanoble. Hope things work out!

Cheers

Jun 25, 2018 at 5:52 AM Post #2,753 of 6,859
1. On my R3, the balance of the channels (bluetooth) does not work (option in the settings is inactive) when working with BT headphones. I wonder if it's planned to fix this problem in the next firmware.. My left ear hears worse, so I believe that the function is very necessary. By the way, the channel balance is well implemented in Shanling M0 and Shanling M1.
2. I can not understand how to view the long track names. Swap and scrolling do not work!

Jun 25, 2018 at 5:55 AM Post #2,754 of 6,859
Still no shipment information or any other sign of life from Hiby. Am I the last one?
Sadly no you’re not alone #11** still nothing

Jun 25, 2018 at 6:09 AM Post #2,755 of 6,859
Sadly no you’re not alone #11** still nothing

after "returned to shipper" I've got email from HiBy to confirm shipping information to ship R3 again, they will send new shipping number.

Jun 25, 2018 at 7:21 AM Post #2,758 of 6,859
Additional thoughts having used the R3 and Mojo this morning:

1. HibyLink as a bluetooth user interface is much better than GoFigure on the Poly. However, Glider's interface is infinitely superior to HibyLink. Little annoyances include not being able to tap on the artiste name in the Now Playing view to see songs under the same artiste.
2. Might be a bug, but I can't do proper searches on HibyLink, and I can't even find a search bar on the R3 itself.
3. No drop-outs and stutterings on the R3 is such a relief compared to the Poly. On the Poly, I don't think I have gone through a single listening session without a drop-out or stuttering.
4. The Poly's warmer tone provides it with a more accurate timbre and realism than the R3. The R3 in comparison sounds analytical and less inviting.

I'm definitely not interested in keeping both but this is becoming a very difficult decision indeed.

Does the Poly pair up with other dacs/amps/daps? We're taking about a versatile unit (re: R3)

That said, I'd keep both if I were in a similar situation, because I too love a good warm timbre.

Jun 25, 2018 at 7:48 AM Post #2,759 of 6,859
Backer # 21 Grey with leather case.

Got shipping email on 20th June, checked the tracking number and all it said was DHL got the shipping request but haven't received the item.

Checked it again Sunday 24th and it said it has been processed through their facilities and should be delivered Wed or Thursday. Got a call from a colleague today (Monday 25th) on my one day off this week that a package was just delivered to my workplace.

Just in time before I fly interstate for 2 weeks on Thursday.

Jun 25, 2018 at 8:48 AM Post #2,760 of 6,859

Nice! Congratulations!

Let us know how it sounds.
And regarding the NightOwls - they really need a lot of burn in! Keep that in mind when evaluating them.
Mine changed a lot after about 30 hours, and kept changing for a while. I think the 150h stated by AudioQuest is on the safe side.

I'd also be interested in how they compare to the Campfire Comets!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back