1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The HiBy R3; The New Double Dac R3 PRO expected late October.

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by CactusPete23, Feb 14, 2018.
First

Back
62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71
73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82
Next

Last
  1. turkayguner
    DAC chips alone don't mean anything.

2. turkayguner
    I have asked the same question before and they didn't respond yet. Generally balanced outputs have double the amount of impedance of the single ended outputs.

3. howdy
    No USB.

4. reginalb
    I'd have ordered if there was a stainless option. The OP in this thread shows a silver option that isn't actually available. I would be on the list if there was a stainless one.

5. Amsterdam

Can anybody conform this?

I thought it was aluminiumgrey :frowning2:... Was does look like a bit of silver to me...

6. reginalb
    The grey color is quite a bit darker than the silver in a couple of the posts in this thread.

gemmoglock likes this.
  7. abitdeef
    Flad is the ****, such a mind blowing codec. Flad makes DSD sounds like DUM.

8. Amsterdam

Are there any pics of the Grey version?

9. howdy
    I gave a half ass look on this thread and the internet but can't find a definitive answer, does this have USB out or is it just coax?

10. turkayguner
    It has USB type-c digital out support. So you can use R3 as a transport. I have already bought Shanling L2 cable. You may find cheaper ones on ebay. Just be careful that they are OTG cables.

CactusPete23 and howdy like this.
  11. CactusPete23
    The kickstarter page says it has a "bidirectional USB DAC Interface"; So can be used as a transport for another DAC through the USB.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
    turkayguner likes this.
  12. gemmoglock
    Thanks! So that's <1ohm unbalanced and <2ohm balanced probably?

@Hawaiibadboy in Japan have you been able to demo the Pioneer XDP-30R or Onkyo DP-S1? Curious how they compare against the sound quality of the R3 :wink:

emeline likes this.
  13. MAK1975
    Will do. If I find one I’ll let you know. I have searched the internet, but the Cayin usb-c to coax cable is the only one I see that has a usb-c to coax connections. The reviewer from Headphonics, in his review of the R3 said that the Cayin cable is specifically designed for their DAPs only, as they use a different pin out on their DAPs. He said the Hiby DAPs aren’t compatible with this cable which is this too bad because it’s exactly the connectors we need for the ifi Micro. I was looking for a 3.5mm female to RCA coax adapter, we could attach to Hiby’s new usb-c to 3.5mm coax (from their new stretch goal), but I haven’t found anything. Hopefully someone will make one compatible for the Hiby players.

14. Hawaiibadboy Contributor
    Yup, The Pioneer is a legit streaming portable comp with out the uber screen on R3. Sound and build were great. Sound was my EX1000. The comparing of DAPs like drivers with bass/med/treble desciptions is outta hand, that's your monitors doing that stuff. clarity and resolution.....that is a good way to check quality. I stick my ex in my ear and use mini xlr terms to switch from device to device using identical tracks and get OCD on certain notes. Could not do that with the items you asked about but the sonics were too similar anyway. I love ONKYO as I have several home system items from them but that is an odd baby screen device. Design is weird. I would pick the Pioneer of those 2 but the R3 over both

capnjack and gemmoglock like this.
  15. MAK1975
    I just found the following adapter that might work with the new usb-c to 3.5mm coax cable that Hiby released for their final stretch goal. (I doubt we will reach that goal) If we were to combine this adapter plug with their new cable do you think it would work? This adapter is super cheap so I am thinking of giving it a try. Here is the link:

https://www.mycablemart.com/store/c...hBtpz_OdnEH38XuCi8WPsK_PRurfJX1waAnjoEALw_wcB

First

Back
62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71
73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82
Next

Last