The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Apr 16, 2018 at 1:20 PM Post #991 of 6,859
I backed the r3 with the leather case, so I couldn’t care less about the ‘freebies’.(Nice to get something for nothing though)!
However, I do have a question about the leather case, is it going to be like the Shanling M1 case with a provision for an armband?
Or is it going to be just a normal leather case?
Does anyone have any pics?

Apr 16, 2018 at 1:27 PM Post #992 of 6,859
I backed the r3 with the leather case, so I couldn’t care less about the ‘freebies’.(Nice to get something for nothing though)!
However, I do have a question about the leather case, is it going to be like the Shanling M1 case with a provision for an armband?
I have R6 with the leather case. Normal case with no provision for an armband. I suspect the R3 leather case would be the same.

Apr 16, 2018 at 2:26 PM Post #993 of 6,859
Maybe the leather case has the armband with it who knows :D

Apr 16, 2018 at 2:26 PM Post #994 of 6,859
I have R6 with the leather case. Normal case with no provision for an armband. I suspect the R3 leather case would be the same.
Shame, it would be nice if it had a press stud flap like the Shanling M1 case.

Apr 16, 2018 at 3:58 PM Post #995 of 6,859
People who do NOT intent to wear it on their arm (like me), would actually prefer it WITHOUT the armband. Won't fit the pocket as nicely...

Apr 16, 2018 at 6:23 PM Post #998 of 6,859
Will be black for me and my girl. I would love dark green or dark blue but the colors are too bright for my taste..so black will make it

I agree I don't like the bright blue or green myself. I just think it looks to 'nano' like ha ha. Forest green is one of my favorite colours, so I know where you are coming from.

Apr 16, 2018 at 9:09 PM Post #999 of 6,859
Because he didn't say, I'd like to know too. Also did he try balanced? Tidal? Use as a USB dac or transport? I'm curious because I had the plenue d and I didn't think it sounded as good as my old fiio x3ii, I know the r3 outputs more power than the cowon and has a newer dac. Also would like to know the genres of music he was listening to.

I'm grateful for any review, I just like to have reference points so I can get an idea in my little brain :) of the characteristics of the dap. And I would have liked to have a comparison of the magic 8 ball effects and cowon jet effects. I mean I assume he was testing them all without any effects. Inquiring minds want as much info we can get while we're waiting :)

Not too bag on his review I learned that it is a warmer sounding dap in general, and I appreciate the info really I do. And.... Lol is this dap going mature with burn in like the Sony zx300 ( question for hiby guys ) because the zx300 certainly did improve with the fabled burn in.

Also I wonder if he had the 'retail' firmware that the unit will ship with? Sorry about all the questions, I'm a little neurotic and it's just how my mind works.

I'm happy we got the clear case and screen protector also, but that bag lol more bin material for me. Keep in mind these things are regular pack in in most daps. A cheap case and screen protector are standard gear in lots of dap packages. I've even gotten 2 cases with fiio x5iii. I'm with the other guy, I'd rather have free expidited shipping than these things. I do hope a nice clear silicone case will be available for purchase soon after release, I'm not the biggest fan of hard plastic cases. Just my 3 cents, I can't wait to get this little beast in my paws.
+1
I think it was a pre-production unit.

Apr 16, 2018 at 9:33 PM Post #1,000 of 6,859
I'd have to say, I'm likely not going to bother with the bag, or the plastic cases, but I appreciate the thoughts.

I'd be more likely to be interested in a USB-C Coax or other functional device.

On second thought, if the bag had a divider in it, so I could toss the R3 on one side and IEMs on the other, I might find it useful.

Apr 17, 2018 at 8:43 AM Post #1,004 of 6,859
hell yeah, that's What I'm waiting for. At the video they showed that happening... and was the only "case" option... so I think its obvious that to happen.... or expected.... Promotional videos are always mysterious

Apr 17, 2018 at 8:43 AM Post #1,005 of 6,859
Lets spread the campaign, so we reach the next stretch goal.. which approx. is a cable. I already baked twice
a cable? I think the next goal is a Pounch/ Carry Bag no ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back