The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Jun 19, 2018 at 4:31 PM Post #2,581 of 6,859
Congratulations, this post read to me as extremely condescending. Contrary to the pseudo legalese, we in fact did purchase a product. In fact, a product that was already in manufacturing.
Any protestations to the otherwise defies common logic. In this case, use of Kickstarter was a way to generate group enthusiasm for a completed product, not invest in R&D for an unproven concept.

As I am backer #140, I must say it is frustrating to see so many later backers get their products and at least tracking information. Personally, at this point I would like to receive my unit (gray) and have HiBy refund my leather case as I will have two plastic cases and that is enough for me.

Since Joseph Yeung is involved I know I will eventually get a product. He is a high calibre person and I respect his work. I just am not particularly pleased about how this has played out in my case so far.

I am sorry if my post came across as condescending - this was not my intent.

I stand by my assertion that we did not purchase a product. Regardless of who start a crowd funding campaign, their reputation, how that reputation affects perceptions regarding a crowd funding campaign, or what they post as their current state of progress - crowd funding is crowd funding, and nothing is guaranteed.

Our payments was submitted through a pledge transactions showing rewards to be received if the campaign goals are met. Anything can go wrong at any time and in crowd funding campaigns things go sideways far more often than not. Just because this campaign was pretty much a shure thing doesn't change the nature of the transactions we made to support this campaign. As it happens the R3 campaign was successful and folks are receiving the rewards associated with their pledge of financial support.

I live in the state of Washington in the U.S.. For the most part the law protects individuals from signing their rights away. Gift certificates in state may not expire by law. One's contract with a car dealer may easily be undone by the law if the car turns out to be a lemon or if there is any sign that the dealer may not have completely kept their side of the purchase contract. I could continue but I imagine you've got the gist at this point.

Here in Washington, even if a crowd funding effort originates in this state one word have a hell of a time gaining any ground if they choose to sue a person or organization for not sending out rewards on a seemingly successful crowd funding campaign unless there is sufficient evidence of purposeful fraud. Beyond that a pledge to monetarily support a crowd funding campaign is just that, and the information provided through Indiegogo, Kickstarter, etc. to potential backers makes it clear that a monetary pledge is not a purchase for goods or services.

If a very real threat of multiple law suits or a class action law suit loomed over every crowd funding campaign that fails to succeed after being voluntarily funded through pledges no one in their right mind would use crowd funding services. The frisk is assumed by those who pledge money to support a given campaign, just as investors carry the financial risk when they invest in a company they believe will succeed, thus increasing the value of their investment. This type of investment differs from crowd funding as one is purchasing a percentage of ownership when the buy stock in that company. In crowd funding there is no such transaction, just a pledge to give money to an individual or company in hope that they will succeed and send the rewards associated with one's pledge.

If I missed something in my own due diligence prior to pledging money to HiBy's R3 campaign that indicates that a pledge is indeed a purchase of good or services then I'll update my posts and make it clear that I've been wrong in my assessment of a crowd funding pledge transaction, and provide the information to correct my current posted assessment.

I don't really have a dog in this hunt. I know that HiBy will make good on the rewards earned by backers, and that I will receive an R3 in the near future. I was just as prepared to receive nothing, however, as Kickstarter made it clear (as I read it) that I was not actually purchasing anything with my pledge. I would not have been upset if this effort had failed altogether. That was the risk I assumed.

My posts on this topic were/are not meant to do any more than to provide some perspective regarding the reasonably short delays in shipping rewards (for a Kickstarter campaign) and the various expressed expectations in backing this campaign. My hope was to provide an alternate perspective that casts a better light on the responsive and reliable HiBy team. Those rewards are being shipped and we'll all receive them soon. This is a good thing! :)

Jun 19, 2018 at 4:38 PM Post #2,582 of 6,859
In all honesty, I would be happier getting a later production unit seeing as the R6 was having WiFi problems with the earlier ones. I can only suppose they are using similar parts and such for the R3. I didn’t join the campaign because both were unproven products, but I like what the R3 has to offer. Been reading both threads to see how everybody gets along with both.

Jun 19, 2018 at 5:12 PM Post #2,583 of 6,859
Having tried 3 routers, laptop hotspot and cell phone hotspot I don't have a clear understanding of why Tidal will work with some networks and not others.

Router A: broadcasts 2.4 & 5 GHz.
R3 sees broadcasted SSID and Tidal streams on 2.4 GHz.
R3 cannot see broadcasted 5GHz SSID. Manual input of SSID + password and R3 cannot connect. Same 18 character password for 2.4 & 5 GHz bandwidths.

Router B: broadcasts 2.4 & 5 GHz, but I have it set up just for 2.4 GHz.
R3 connects to this network. Tidal login ok and I can see Tidal playlists, music, etc. Always get playback failed when trying to get it to work.

Router B works fine for my computer desktop and iPhone Tidal versions, just not for R3 Tidal version.

I was able to OTA upgrade firmware on R3 via this wifi connection.

Router C: older and broadcasts only 2.4 GHz.
R3 can see the SSID but cannot connect. SSID is not hidden. Password is entered correctly.

Laptop acting as hotspot via Gigbit LAN connection:
R3 cannot see SSID. SSID is not hidden. Manual type in of SSID + password and R3 connects and streams tidal.

iPhone X acting as hotspot via LTE connection:
R3 cannot see SSID. SSID is not hidden. Manual type in of SSID + password and R3 connects and streams tidal.

Had been unable to connect to home wi-fi on the R3. My router broadcasts both 2.4ghz and 5ghz but the R3 only sees the 2.4ghz SSID. After entering the wi-fi password it would just say "connection failed" despite the password being entered correctly.

Changed the wi-fi password from a 15 character to a 10 character password and the R3 connected with no problem. Read the earlier comments from @WNBC and wondered if others are able to see 5ghz networks on the R3. All other devices in my house can see + connect to the 5ghz network.

....checked the specs page and it shows that the R3 supports 2.4ghz wi-fi

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2018 at 5:21 PM Post #2,584 of 6,859

I stand by my assertion that we did not purchase a product. Regardless of who start a crowd funding campaign, their reputation, how that reputation affects perceptions regarding a crowd funding campaign, or what they post as their current state of progress - crowd funding is crowd funding, and nothing is guaranteed.

Our payments was submitted through a pledge transactions showing rewards to be received if the campaign goals are met. Anything can go wrong at any time and in crowd funding campaigns things go sideways far more often than not. Just because this campaign was pretty much a shure thing doesn't change the nature of the transactions we made to support this campaign. As it happens the R3 campaign was successful and folks are receiving the rewards associated with their pledge of financial support.

I live in the state of Washington in the U.S.. For the most part the law protects individuals from signing their rights away. Gift certificates in state may not expire by law. One's contract with a car dealer may easily be undone by the law if the car turns out to be a lemon or if there is any sign that the dealer may not have completely kept their side of the purchase contract. I could continue but I imagine you've got the gist at this point.

Here in Washington, even if a crowd funding effort originates in this state one word have a hell of a time gaining any ground if they choose to sue a person or organization for not sending out rewards on a seemingly successful crowd funding campaign unless there is sufficient evidence of purposeful fraud. Beyond that a pledge to monetarily support a crowd funding campaign is just that, and the information provided through Indiegogo, Kickstarter, etc. to potential backers makes it clear that a monetary pledge is not a purchase for goods or services.

If a very real threat of multiple law suits or a class action law suit loomed over every crowd funding campaign that fails to succeed after being voluntarily funded through pledges no one in their right mind would use crowd funding services. The frisk is assumed by those who pledge money to support a given campaign, just as investors carry the financial risk when they invest in a company they believe will succeed, thus increasing the value of their investment. This type of investment differs from crowd funding as one is purchasing a percentage of ownership when the buy stock in that company. In crowd funding there is no such transaction, just a pledge to give money to an individual or company in hope that they will succeed and send the rewards associated with one's pledge.

If I missed something in my own due diligence prior to pledging money to HiBy's R3 campaign that indicates that a pledge is indeed a purchase of good or services then I'll update my posts and make it clear that I've been wrong in my assessment of a crowd funding pledge transaction, and provide the information to correct my current posted assessment.

I don't really have a dog in this hunt. I know that HiBy will make good on the rewards earned by backers, and that I will receive an R3 in the near future. I was just as prepared to receive nothing, however, as Kickstarter made it clear (as I read it) that I was not actually purchasing anything with my pledge. I would not have been upset if this effort had failed altogether. That was the risk I assumed.

My posts on this topic were/are not meant to do any more than to provide some perspective regarding the reasonably short delays in shipping rewards (for a Kickstarter campaign) and the various expressed expectations in backing this campaign. My hope was to provide an alternate perspective that casts a better light on the responsive and reliable HiBy team. Those rewards are being shipped and we'll all receive them soon. This is a good thing! :)

I absolutely agree with OSuffy!!!

Ok, for all you tat seemed to have missed my original point that I have since reiterated numerous time to the catcalls of those in whatever order that got their R3 or absolutely couldn’t care less avbiut this shipping fiasco I’ll say it again!!!

I’m ordered a grey no cable no case no problem right.
I’m mid 12xx’s so from the get go after hearing basically how well the R6 campaign went I knew & was prepared to wait as I’d be one of the latter ones shipped so that’s fine, all good right, follow me so far?!

Ok so I know a few people that have had good & bad experiences on KS & IGG & I read all the disclaimers about blah blah blah, all good so far right, ok?!

And I’m still willing to wait as I expected BUT.!.

I didn’t expect a company that has just completed their very successful R6 campaign to going into pretty much a total PR Meltdown, starting with not having leather cases maker & samples with perfect qc months before the questionaire & shipping etc as the physically finished R3 was in the hands a number of people 4-5? mths ago so that issue with case qc that delayed all this’s number of times would/should never have occured!

That’s what a forward proactive company would’ve done because as some or manybif you keep pointing out the obvious SH!T happens so forsight was mandated in the just in case scenario!
Wow, is that so damn hard to comprehend in the 21st Century full production & pr fiascos like Tesla for one & it seems Hiby stole their playbook on how to royally cock things up so righteously!
We’re not talking about normal delays were talking about a program of almost intent disaster.

On top of all that we have the unbelievable ineptness on the part of the person that took it upon themselves to ship in such a chaotic haphazard insane method when this hadn’t occurred in the previous R6 campaign or at least to this extent!
That person should be canned, any other company with the resultant chaos & bad pr would’ve done just that or a very serious demotion.

Anybody that prefers a different scenario for this balls up is on some kind of illicit material!

It’s easy to be happy smug & content if your #1173 or whatever & you got your R3 cable & case and so many early low # backers have had no notification or their new toy in their hands.

That is what all of this is about unless those of you that are dismissing this are too self absorbed to get that across!

It’s a failure to launch so to speak.

Whatever delays that were transpiring or about to should have been communicated instantly not days or really weeks after the fact & only when a significant number of early backers became pissed & HBB let the fur fly!

It’s ALL About Transparency & Communication & Finally Accountabiliy, All those components make an otherwise good company great, a great company awesome & lack of them will marginalized & make a company an afterthought...

Nothing more nothing less when you have your backers/customers hard earned $ in the interim. Sound familiar Elon Musk...

As I said I expected to wait & I am & if they had said knowing or anticipating that their screwups would delay it until July or August I would have happily waited.

Yeah maybe Joe B is a great guy but he needs to get that company transformed ASAP as this craft just doesn’t cut it for a large portion of their back & esp the early ones, why bother saying youlll ship out in order of #1- 2000...

Im looking forward to getting it to do what it’s meantvto do as advertised for my needs & im waking but I really do empathize with all those that are rightfully disappointed & pissed with how all this unfolded, very unprofessional to say the least!

Ok, all you Happy Smug Holders Of your great sounding R3’s [as you will point out] can have a go at me like you did before as you previously had misconstrued what I meant, but hey I could care less go at it please...

:smiling_imp::):point_right::beer::beer::beer::beerchug:

Jun 19, 2018 at 5:29 PM Post #2,585 of 6,859
Peter, can please you clarify if you play the songs from your NAS on your R3? Otherwise there's no point -at least for me- to stream media from the R3 to other devices.

What NAS do you have BTW?
7YkvY2D.jpg

Yes unlike the X7ii above, R3 appears to only work one way but i can control the nas with my phone. It would be nice if a firmware update made R3 work the same way as Fiio. The nas is a Qnap HS-251+ running 2 Samsung SSDs no raid, I back up to a Synology x 5 WR red disc which has also has a backup of the whole collection in mp3 for itunes and media server for the TV. The whole systen is on Audiquest cinnamon ehternet and a Cisco swithch optical to the router. I run Asset into an Naim NDX5 XS into an Niam Ndac on Naim XPS power supplies and also a UnitiQute and a Blunode". I rip to Flac and Asset transcodes on the fly to WAV. I have quite a bit of DSD clasical as well. I've played with footbar and roon but find them unnecessary.The beauty of the qunap is no noise no fan with SSDs no vibration, the synology has to live in a cupboard!

Jun 19, 2018 at 5:37 PM Post #2,586 of 6,859
7YkvY2D.jpg

Yes unlike the X7ii above, R3 appears to only work one way but i can control the nas with my phone. It would be nice if a firmware update made R3 work the same way as Fiio. The nas is a Qnap HS-251+ running 2 Samsung SSDs no raid, I back up to a Synology x 5 WR red disc which has also has a backup of the whole collection in mp3 for itunes and media server for the TV. The whole systen is on Audiquest cinnamon ehternet and a Cisco swithch optical to the router. I run Asset into an Naim NDX5 XS into an Niam Ndac on Naim XPS power supplies and also a UnitiQute and a Blunode". I rip to Flac and Asset transcodes on the fly to WAV. I have quite a bit of DSD clasical as well. I've played with footbar and roon but find them unnecessary.The beauty of the qunap is no noise no fan with SSDs no vibration, the synology has to live in a cupboard!
Thanks for claifying!

My R6 works the other way around but unfortunately, WiFi reception is very weak on that one so I was hoping I could utilise the R3 for that use scenario..

Very disappointing. Other than that, having used the R3 for one day, it seems like a good portable player

Jun 19, 2018 at 6:51 PM Post #2,587 of 6,859
Hiby communicated they have shipped All Black Orders(except the one with shipping address missing) and said tracking numbers will be available by Tuesday. Still nothing ..
If Tuesday was not possible , they could added a day buffer and could have said it would be done by Wednesday. This repeated miscommunication with customers reduces the trust and makes me wonder how the communication will be during warranty claims. Agreed we did not purchase a product but here product is finished and many people are getting it already . Most backers are just asking proper communication from Hiby instead of false promises about delivery. Previously I backed Dbrand Grip in indiegogo and I was one of the backers to receive the grip at very last . Dbrand were very clear about the communication with backers on shipping progress and they set clear expectations with on delivery dates.

Jun 19, 2018 at 6:59 PM Post #2,588 of 6,859
From what I recall, that involved embedding the cover in each and every track (FLAC). VERY time consuming task when you have hundreds of albums...
I hope HiBy figures it out and fixes it in their app. Not a showstopper for me - just an annoyance.

You can use perfect tunes from DBPoweramp to embed the album art. You do have to buy it though.
I think Hiby does look for folder.jpg in the album folder so that should work.
As for embedded art work most people would rip and have it embeded.

Jun 19, 2018 at 7:10 PM Post #2,589 of 6,859
Hiby communicated they have shipped All Black Orders(except the one with shipping address missing) and said tracking numbers will be available by Tuesday. Still nothing ..
If Tuesday was not possible , they could added a day buffer and could have said it would be done by Wednesday. This repeated miscommunication with customers reduces the trust and makes me wonder how the communication will be during warranty claims. Agreed we did not purchase a product but here product is finished and many people are getting it already . Most backers are just asking proper communication from Hiby instead of false promises about delivery. Previously I backed Dbrand Grip in indiegogo and I was one of the backers to receive the grip at very last . Dbrand were very clear about the communication with backers on shipping progress and they set clear expectations with on delivery dates.

Hawk10eye:

Agree 110%,as I stated in my overly long post & here is a prime example from the product creators that I backed for 2 headphones a few months back.

The following is from just over a week ago from the ORA Graphene Q Headphone successful campaign, scroll down to June 9th to see & read/understand what real communication from an entity that obviously cares 1st & foremost about their business ie: backers/customers that will drive their success through all of what I stated in my previously long post about a company that ‘Care About It All’!

That’s the huge difference & what has disappointed & infuriated many packers here , this has actually morphedinyo a Keystone Cops Laurel & Hardy Charlie Chaplin lovievoffthe month for a prime example of how Not to carry it all out.!.
Laughable if it wasn’t so ludicrous...

Anyhow read & note the huge difference...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/413314819/ora-the-worlds-first-graphene-headphones/comments

I wait for both of them & even this I know I’ll thoroughly enjoy both, 1 will languish somewhere in 5th dimension & will arrive sometime in the summer, that’s Hiby for any of you that haven’t guessed who.
I know & feel confident the IRA GQ will ship as stated & if not they will be proactive in notifying us the backers so there’s no mystery of the month as has been with Hiby’s shipping or not shipping fiasco.!

Stating a fact for those that want to take umbrage with my post...

Ymmv, esp those of you way down the backing chain 800/1000+ that already unfairly received your R3 way ahead of the line of the top early backers, almost line line jumping at a concert ticket line...

Jun 19, 2018 at 8:31 PM Post #2,591 of 6,859
I'm really enjoying this setup on my R3

VE Zen 2 balanced earbud with R3
Listening to Tidal Master Tracks streaming at home is amazing definitely sounds better than my streaming Tidal on my LG V30 with VE MonkLites 120ohm or TY HI-Z 150Pros.
Glad I bought this device and the Shanling M0 DAPs.

9938057_l.jpg

Jun 19, 2018 at 9:35 PM Post #2,593 of 6,859
Spent today with the R3, battery from 100% to 7% in 7 hours 20 mins. WiFi off, Bluetooth off, low gain, vol at 20 -35, balanced. The clear case is not a good fit, fixed with a bit of blu-tac. Any new case could cover the card slot the card almost sticks out 0.5mm or even better use a card tray. Sounds very enjoyable on all genres of music without EQ. You can have some good customisation with MSEB and or EQ to make up for your hearing or cans. Money well pledged.:sunglasses: Now to try DNLA from the server:fingers_crossed:
I'm using blu-tac too, but on the white case :wink: It's irritating if it shakes up and down in the case.

Once again, we did not pay for a product. We all pledged money to financially support a development and production effort. There are rewards associated with different pledge amounts that one MAY receive, based on the amount one pledged, if the Kickstarter crowd funding effort is successful in meeting it's stated monetary goals. There are no guarantees that anyone will receive anything for backing a crowd funding drive through sites like Kickstarter and Indiegogo.

The most important thing to remember here is that we did not purchase any product when we pledged money to back HiBy's Kickstarter crowd funding drive effort to help fund their R3 development and production effort. All we did was pledge money toward their stated goal.

Kickstarter provides one with all of the information one needs to fully understand that one's financial pledge is not payment for goods and services. This information is provided to everyone viewing any Kickstarter campaign to ensure that everyone understands that they are not purchasing anything by pledging to back a crowd funding campaign. One would have to purposely not read the prominently displayed Kickstarter provided information when viewing a Kickstarter campaign to miss this vitally important detail.

All of this said, HiBy had already successfully completed a crowd funding effort via Indiegogo for their R6 DAP, and subsequently shipped to all backers all of the rewards associated with each backers monetary pledge amount. The HiBy R3 campaign was as close to a sure thing as one will find in a crowd funding campaign - and it's paying off for everyone whose pledge amount was successfully collected by HiBy at the end of the campaign.

What this means in practical terms is that HiBy is now shipping the rewards associated with each backers monetary pledge amount, along with all of the rewards associated with the campaigns financial goals, to every backer in the R3 campaign.

So, though you did not actually purchase a HiBy R3, you will be receiving one (or more, based on your pledge contribution) along with any additional reward items associated with your monetary contribution amount.

Was the campaign handled well? By way of comparison to their R6 campaign, it was clearly not managed as well. By way of comparison with the majority of crowd funding campaigns the R3's campaign was managed very well, and shipment of rewards to backers is happening quickly following the campaigns successful completion.

You may not see it this way but, if you didn't clearly understand that which you were funding when you chose to back the HiBy campaign then you seriously lucked out. There are many, many people who have pledged a lot more money to campaigns that succeeded financially but have never received the rewards one hopes to receive at a campaigns completion. Meanwhile, here on the R3 campaign most rewards have been shipped, with the remainder to be shipped this week (save for the leather cases, which will ship in a couple of weeks).

So, while you didn't actually purchase anything you will receive that which you seem to think you purchased anyway. If you readjust your perspective to align with the reality of your situation your frustration will be alleviated and you may look forward to receiving very soon what is clearly a fantastic sounding DAP at a significant price break.

If you feel that this whole thing was hype that has not met with your hype-induced expectations then you would do well to avoid crowd funding campaigns in the future as they will never truly meet your misplaced expectations.

I hope that this post does not come off as condescension. This was not my intent in the least. My intention was to provide accurate information in hopes that doing so would help reset unrealistic expectations regarding crowd funding campaigns.

Don't worry, those that understand understand and those unhappy also have valid points because of the miscommunications. I just hope all other backers can get theirs soon! Objectively, HiBy selling domestic units at the same time still does not affect the fact that backers accepted Kickstarter terms which do not guarantee prompt priority shipping, but this is definitely a PR slipup HiBy should be careful of for the next product release.

You can use perfect tunes from DBPoweramp to embed the album art. You do have to buy it though.
I think Hiby does look for folder.jpg in the album folder so that should work.
As for embedded art work most people would rip and have it embeded.

On Windows, I use musicbee to get the album art in. As I embed art in each track at about 1000X1000, I also configure MusicBee to resize the album art to 360X360 since that is the resolution being displayed on the screen and it saves a bit of space. It still takes a while to load the album art when I'm shuffling through tracks though.

My first impressions (also posted on Reddit):
First impressions of sound is that the ES9028Q2M is implemented fairly well here. The detail retrieval and dynamics are around the same as the DP-S1 (dual 9018c2m on balanced) and the only obvious difference after a half a day of listening is the tuning. The headfonics/fonia reviews summarise it well, the bass is tuned with a bit more slam and the treble a little crisper >> in English the bass has a nice weight for most genres, but the treble can make cymbals sound a touch flat/crashy. Soundstage is decent with slightly more width than depth. Unless you want a flat reference sound, this tuning is a great daily especially on the commute. The only thing I'm trying now is using the MSEB (much cooler and useful than EQ) to try taking sibilance a touch lower - the tonality of this thing is generally leaning towards bright and crisp with a bit of bass boom.

I don't use APTX/wifi much but I can share a bit more about the UI. It's not bad although there can be some improvements to make better use of the small 3.2" screen - some buttons can be larger etc. Usage is generally smooth with just a small pause between things like changing tracks and changing settings - basically not iPod smooth but definitely very usable. Hiby Link is the best thing ever, controlling this DAP through my smartphone is really smooth and makes things like track seeking etc so easy. Driving ability is okayish - my Pinnacle P1 at 50ohms/96dB sensitivity needs about 60-80/100 on unbalanced low gain, 40-60/100 on balanced low gain. Still ok but it's definitely not gonna drive powerful cans easily with its 56/112mW power for the respective outputs.

Looking forward to more user reviews by other backers soon!

Edit: Forgot to add [Review] to the title, sorry! Other features - USB DAC doesn't play nice on Win10 MusicBee, the WASAPI driver (plug and play without install) locks up after a few tracks and I'm still troubleshooting. Playlist support is also something I'm trying to figure out as my m3u8 isn't being detected. Lyric support isn't working for me yet (apparently MusicBee 3.2 will help create the separate lrc files). Replaygain works, gapless isn't much faster on than off. Digital filters - can't really tell the difference between the linear sharp/late rolloff and slow/early rolloff at the moment but HiBy explains that the late rolloff will preserve more of the treble FR if you can hear past 20khz.

Jun 19, 2018 at 9:37 PM Post #2,594 of 6,859
i am done with this thread for now i will come back on it when my R3 arrives sometime this year ...no communication and nothing else to read on here ..

That’s why I chose to avoid this drop. Good product but I rather just wait for retail and confirmed TIDAL offline.

Jun 19, 2018 at 9:37 PM Post #2,595 of 6,859

The problem here is not that backers are spoiled and want their product NOW. The problem is that at first, they said May. Then May came and went, and they said nothing. Then they said they would go ahead and ship it before the case, and they gave a date, which really raised people's expectations and anticipations. I didn't get anxious till I started reading the updates on this thread and saw the Tuesday deadline for shipping notice. It's now Tues, west coast US, and Wed in China. No shipping notice means people will wonder if Hiby lost their orders. Had Hiby simply said there were some production issues and they don't anticipate delivery till June, I don't think people would be over zealous in getting updates. I've been extremely patient and haven't bothered them, but I do understand why anxious people are acting the way they are. A specific date was promised. Let this be a learning lesson for Hiby. They need to communicate early and build in a buffer on their promised dates. This is the beginning of their hardware ambitions, and hopefully they've learned this isn't like delivering a software patch. There are a lot of dependencies they cannot control.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back