The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
May 18, 2018 at 3:40 PM Post #1,607 of 6,859
Thanks. Not for me. I'll use the R3 direct to phones.

May 18, 2018 at 5:11 PM Post #1,609 of 6,859
I missed the Kickstarter campaign, anyone have an idea a retail option in the future?

I also missed it. From what I gather from the Kickstarter page, possibly in a month or two. You can sign up for a notification on the Hiby website for when they go retail.

The message I got when I signed up indicated it shouldn't be too far off, which is good since I need a replacement for my AP200.

May 18, 2018 at 8:57 PM Post #1,612 of 6,859
I tried to keep telling people the R6 case is gorgeous and no reason to expect anything less with the R3

@ BL:

Yes you were absolutely spot on.

When things like that are that well made & good looking you almost want to get one of each colour as they start to wear in they get that real cool looking classic look of leather goods from years ago...

May 19, 2018 at 1:56 AM Post #1,614 of 6,859
While waiting to try this out, I've been trying to find some impressions. Chinese reviews seem extremely positive so far. And misc. images:

Jk0QLXe.jpg
pBLhZlj.jpg
5qOuU3j.jpg

S0uaAxQ.jpg
laDY4gj.jpg
YynPHbi.jpg
LoKKF5o.jpg

May 19, 2018 at 2:11 AM Post #1,615 of 6,859
While waiting to try this out, I've been trying to find some impressions. Chinese reviews seem extremely positive so far. And misc. images:
these are great and thanks for sharing them. i am always surprised by it's size. i got to compare the R3 with my current source at canjam singapore this year and it's finally a worthy successor to my venerable modded ipod.

May 19, 2018 at 2:25 AM Post #1,617 of 6,859
these are great and thanks for sharing them. i am always surprised by it's size. i got to compare the R3 with my current source at canjam singapore this year and it's finally a worthy successor to my venerable modded ipod.

Yes, pretty much what I’ve imagined & been expecting, now if only I can get mine hooked up asap I’ll be :)

May 19, 2018 at 3:19 PM Post #1,618 of 6,859
Can anyone tell me whether this can receive BT-AptX? That would be a big plus for me. My Cayin N3 will transmit an AptX signal, but it will only receive standard bluetooth audio which is kinda a bummer. I'd love to have the ability to use it as an AptX dac/amp streaming from my phone. That way I can go phone->aptX->Hiby R3 line out->Car line in when I want to.

May 19, 2018 at 4:49 PM Post #1,619 of 6,859
Can anyone tell me whether this can receive BT-AptX? That would be a big plus for me. My Cayin N3 will transmit an AptX signal, but it will only receive standard bluetooth audio which is kinda a bummer. I'd love to have the ability to use it as an AptX dac/amp streaming from my phone. That way I can go phone->aptX->Hiby R3 line out->Car line in when I want to.

@ doowap:

Here’s Hiby webpage with info, for more specs you can google.

So this has been a long running thread.

As of the latest info from their page, they’ve implemented BT 4.1/aptX but not HD version as it’s a diff chip from Qualcomm, so if that’s good for most people all’s well.

Many people are looking forward to getting final certification from Sony for LDAC.

Cheers...

https://www.hibymusic.net/r3?kid=M556Z

Last edited:
May 19, 2018 at 5:21 PM Post #1,620 of 6,859

Not on the receiving side unfortunately. But it can do DLNA or Airplay rendering via WiFi, which is arguably better than any Bluetooth protocol in quality.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back