The Hi-Fi + Hi-Res Audiophiles' Bluetooth Headphone Adapter Thread - [17.Oct.21] iFi GO Blu impression added
Mar 9, 2023 at 3:10 AM Post #1,247 of 1,312
Has anyone tried Aroma Air Bluetooth Portable Amplifier?

That's a full sized BT DAC/amp, kinda out of the scope of this thread. Besides, the $600 asking price is a bit much.

Mar 26, 2023 at 9:01 AM Post #1,248 of 1,312
Hi folks,

Could you give me advice what bluetooth receiver from the list in first post can be used as bluetooth receiver and pass the signal to the audio player via USB? What will be the best in terms of quality?

thank you!

Mar 26, 2023 at 10:00 AM Post #1,250 of 1,312
Hi folks,

Could you give me advice what bluetooth receiver from the list in first post can be used as bluetooth receiver and pass the signal to the audio player via USB? What will be the best in terms of quality?

thank you!

No BT adapters on the list can output via USB.

Also, what do you means by 'audio player'? Like a DAP? As @rocketron has suggested, an actual DAP that can act as BT receiver might be able to do both receiving BT signal and outputting on USB. However, if you get a good enough sounding DAP as BT receiver, you don't really need to output to USB anymore.

Mar 27, 2023 at 2:02 PM Post #1,251 of 1,312
No BT adapters on the list can output via USB.

Also, what do you means by 'audio player'? Like a DAP? As @rocketron has suggested, an actual DAP that can act as BT receiver might be able to do both receiving BT signal and outputting on USB. However, if you get a good enough sounding DAP as BT receiver, you don't really need to output to USB anymore.

Yes, I mean another DAP. I have Cowon Planue 2 and like how it sounds, but I would like to add bluetooth option to it.

May 21, 2023 at 9:28 AM Post #1,253 of 1,312
I used BTR3K and currently shanling UP4 now, with Samsung Note10, for connecting koss Kph40/PP/kph30i or shp9500. I found once I turned on wavelet and set auto EQ for the selected model, it will have big distortion/crapping on sound. (No problem when using small dongle likes jcally jm6 or HTC one).
So, the only solution is to upgrade to Qudelix5K to use their PEQ? Thanks...

Jun 3, 2023 at 8:30 AM Post #1,254 of 1,312
Does any of these BT adapters have ability to use integrated mic to help conversation with someone? I mean like old Shure's Push-To-Hear (PTH) device, so one could hear conversation without removing IEMs?

Jul 1, 2023 at 2:47 PM Post #1,255 of 1,312
Hello, would a DAP like Shanling M0 Pro or Hiby R2 II can be used as a BT DAC in addition to being a standalone DAP? Would appreciate if anyone can help here. Thanks in advance.

Jul 2, 2023 at 3:53 AM Post #1,257 of 1,312
Hello, would a DAP like Shanling M0 Pro or Hiby R2 II can be used as a BT DAC in addition to being a standalone DAP? Would appreciate if anyone can help here. Thanks in advance.
Absolutely. They are a bit larger and heavier obviously though. Otherwise same functionality.

Jul 2, 2023 at 6:21 AM Post #1,258 of 1,312
Absolutely. They are a bit larger and heavier obviously though. Otherwise same functionality.
That's nice to hear. I don't mind the bulk but I feel this provides better convenience while traveling. In addition, these DAPs are slightly cheaper in my country as opposed to BT DACs like BTR7 and UP5. Thanks so much for clarifying!

Jul 2, 2023 at 6:31 AM Post #1,259 of 1,312
Do note that, unlike actual BT adapter, using DAP as BT receiver means you can't take phone call from them since most have no build in mic nor support mic function.

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2023 at 6:36 AM Post #1,260 of 1,312
Do note that, unlike actual BT adapter, using DAP as BT receiver means you can't take phone call from them since most have no build in mic nor support mic function.
Thanks for the heads-up. I believe Hiby R2 II has mic support and that's my current preferred option. Please correct me if I'm wrong here, would appreciate it. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back