The Hi-Fi + Hi-Res Audiophiles' Bluetooth Headphone Adapter Thread - [17.Oct.21] iFi GO Blu impression added
Mar 25, 2024 at 10:33 PM Post #1,306 of 1,312
hey, i already read your reviews when i started my headphone journey almost 20 yrs ago, you were kind of an influencer to me in the days of iriver ipod and what not devices :beyersmile: :beerchug:

i am searching for the bt dac/amp with the deepest and tallest soundstage with excellent layering atm.
Already owning these which i put in order of soundstage depth (better to worse): Shanling UP4, BTR15, Topping G5, .... Qudelix 5k. The Shanling and Fiio have almost the same depth but overall soundstage on the Shanling is less "3 blobs" than the Fiio. Sadly the Topping has the overall best soundquality to me but sounds somewhat boxy/closed in.

I read many posts and reviews that claim the go blue would be the best in layering and depth regarding bt-dac/amps.
Would you agree with that or which bt device comes to your mind when a deep, well layered and tall soundstage is the only requirement? Price up to 800 EUR/$ would be ok. it shouldnt be as large and heavy as the Xduoo XD05 pro tho.
Sorry for the wall of text!
Using the X-space function , the GoBlu can sound quite wide, but I would not recommend it due to quality control issues and excessive hiss with some earphones (I have owned two units). Maybe the Aroma Air is something you should have an eye on?

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2024 at 5:24 AM Post #1,307 of 1,312
Using the X-space function , the GoBlu can sound quite wide, but I would not recommend it due to quality control issues and excessive hiss with some earphones (I have owned two units). Maybe the Aroma Air is something you should have an eye on?
Thank you for the aroma tipp, much appreciated!
@ClieOS thank you also for your fast reply and the informations!

Mar 27, 2024 at 1:54 AM Post #1,308 of 1,312
Sad product/company. Instead of working on phantom upgrade package, should've made sure 2.5mm output on M4 is not wired in reverse.
Have heard those rumors, too, but just purchased a unit and the 2,5 sounds fine (same as 4,4)!

Apr 1, 2024 at 10:00 AM Post #1,309 of 1,312
1000012898.jpg

BTE-8 is here. Really a no-brainer consider the cost.

Apr 2, 2024 at 5:41 AM Post #1,311 of 1,312
Apr 5, 2024 at 6:36 PM Post #1,312 of 1,312
BTE-8 is here. Really a no-brainer consider the cost.

You recommended the Fiio BTR3K a while back (great recommendation, sad to lose it). Also have the 5K, which has been serving me very well for a long time now (surprised by it's longevity to be honest!). Anyway, looking forward to hearing more about the BTE-8 (and figuring out where it can be purchased, apart from taobao).

hey, i already read your reviews when i started my headphone journey almost 20 yrs ago, you were kind of an influencer to me in the days of iriver ipod and what not devices :beyersmile: :beerchug:

Wow - 20 years! Only 12 years of ClieOS brain washing, er, influencing for me lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back