The HEADSIX, a Head-Fi support sales-action
Dec 11, 2007 at 4:10 PM Post #466 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by noddyisking /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone know the best rechargeable battery/charger set up and best power supply available in Europe??

I asked Jan Meier that question, he said something along these lines should be fine: Conrad Electronic - System Information[1]=b2c_insert&cookie_v[1]=62&cookie_d[1]=&cookie_p[1]=%2f&cookie_e[1]=Sat%2c+12-Jan-2008+16%3a08%3a08+GMT&scrwidth=1400

Translation: up to 12V, 6W, 1000mA, stabilized, linear.

EDIT: Head-Fi's new link system doesn't seem to work with that long link, here's the "source code":
Code:

Code:
[left]http://www1.conrad.de/scripts/wgate/zcop_b2c/~flN0YXRlPTE3MTQyMzM1NTU=?~template=PCAT_AREA_S_BROWSE&glb_user_js=Y&shop=B2C&zhmmh_lfo=&zhmmh_area_kz=&product_show_id=518321&gvlon=&p_init_ipc=X&p_page_to_display=fromoutside&~cookies=1&cookie_n[1]=b2c_insert&cookie_v[1]=62&cookie_d[1]=&cookie_p[1]=%2f&cookie_e[1]=Sat%2c+12-Jan-2008+16%3a08%3a08+GMT&scrwidth=1400[/left]

Dec 13, 2007 at 2:04 AM Post #467 of 917
Can anyone recommend a good AC adapter? Most of my listening is done at home and it would be rather pointless for me to use batteries all the time even if the batt life is 100hrs. Plus I'd rather have 12v ac vs. a 9v battery.

Dec 13, 2007 at 8:51 AM Post #469 of 917
I was wondering if anybody tried the Headsix with Yuin PK1s. I've been really interested in a pair of PK1s since i cant ever get a good fit on anything else but buds. Its a nightmare! I wanted to know if the Headsix would be able to drive the PK1s fine without me having to pop it open and change the gain.

Thanks fellas!

Dec 13, 2007 at 8:46 PM Post #470 of 917
Really considering the Headsix - anyone know how it would compare to the Xenos 1HA-EPC? I regretfully sold mine and may purchase another. I'll be using the amp primarily with Grado SR60's and I'm thinking the sonic signature of the Headsix might be a good match.

I'm talking about pure sound quality differences between the two. Anyone listened to both?????

Thanks in advance!!!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 14, 2007 at 2:24 PM Post #471 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by shirleywhite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What is amazing to me is that the sound seems ....."wider" (is that what you call soundstage?) I'm hearing bits of music I didnt know was there.

Yep that's soundstage - the music extending outside your head. Welcome to the obsession.
biggrin.gif

My Headsix just arrived today! 11 days from Germany to Shanghai - not bad. It's way to early to comment - maybe an hour in. But based on no burn in, I will say that Headsix - H140 line out - Triple-fi's is sounding like a promising combination...

Dec 14, 2007 at 10:34 PM Post #472 of 917
Alright, I've read through this thread twice. So do I understand that the Headsix sounds pretty much identical to the Move?

I understand the circuits are similar, without a "high current mode" and some features that I don't care about. Not sure I understand what that might mean unless is means it would be difficult to drive phones like the senn650.

Most of what I have to go on regarding sound quality is from Skylabs review of the Move. If the Headsix sounds as good as the move I'll take the plunge. If I can't get a good feeling for that then I'll go with a used Xenos 1HA which I KNOW sounds good (although they are out of business).

I know that some have said it should sound as good as the Move but if anyone could comment on direct comparison between the Headsix and Move that would be great.

Thanks,

Rich

Dec 15, 2007 at 4:12 AM Post #476 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by richsto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Alright, I've read through this thread twice. So do I understand that the Headsix sounds pretty much identical to the Move?

I understand the circuits are similar, without a "high current mode" and some features that I don't care about. Not sure I understand what that might mean unless is means it would be difficult to drive phones like the senn650.

Most of what I have to go on regarding sound quality is from Skylabs review of the Move. If the Headsix sounds as good as the move I'll take the plunge. If I can't get a good feeling for that then I'll go with a used Xenos 1HA which I KNOW sounds good (although they are out of business).

I know that some have said it should sound as good as the Move but if anyone could comment on direct comparison between the Headsix and Move that would be great.

Thanks,

Rich

People said they sound very similar. You lose a bit of features, but it is slightly smaller also which is a plus.

Dec 15, 2007 at 4:30 AM Post #477 of 917
I orderd the headsix a few days ago.
tongue.gif
Perhaps, my headsix is flying on the sky
biggrin.gif

BTW, how much does the headsix synagy with ER-4s? Although I guess it is no problem, I would like to know about it.
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back