The HEADSIX, a Head-Fi support sales-action
Nov 27, 2007 at 7:25 AM Post #391 of 917
Lol. I just got some crap 12V regulated power supply from the local electronics store... You guys have any recommendations of better ones? Anyone actually modded their headsix yet? ahaha

Nov 27, 2007 at 11:48 AM Post #392 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by dap_pad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
raptor84, those are beautiful pictures of the HeadSix... damn if I only I had the money for my Mini^3 AND the HeadSix, I'd be on this in a second.

By the way, has anyone done a comparison between the two yet?

Thanks
biggrin.gif
The amp sounds nicer than it looks
tongue.gif
TO me anyway hehe..

Nov 28, 2007 at 11:00 PM Post #393 of 917
I received my black HeadSix a couple of weeks ago. I have to say I'm very impressed with the amp and with Jan. He was great to deal with and I was surprised at how fast he shipped it out! The sound that comes out of this little black box is amazing, I especially like the separation. I think this amp offers a lot of value and having Jan contribute to a portion of the sales to HF is a plus. Thanks Jan!

Nov 29, 2007 at 11:25 AM Post #395 of 917
This was the best ordering experience I have ever had. I emailed Jan yesterday. He emailed me back incredibly quickly, I paid through non-cc Pay-Pal and he shipped it out the same day. Can't wait to get my black Headsix.

Nov 29, 2007 at 8:46 PM Post #397 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by dap_pad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
raptor84, those are beautiful pictures of the HeadSix... damn if I only I had the money for my Mini^3 AND the HeadSix, I'd be on this in a second.

By the way, has anyone done a comparison between the two yet?

I second Dap's thoughts on your photo Raptor, obviously the X 1 did not have stainless screws
wink.gif

Nov 30, 2007 at 6:55 PM Post #402 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by raptor84 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haha yes the x-1 was getting a little erm.. rusty.. I think its because of the humid weather here.

You know I was just poking at you Raptor, I understand the humidity thing completely! I'm just real a visual oriented person
eek.gif

Hope your enjoying the Head, I'm hoping to get one before they are all gone
wink.gif

Nov 30, 2007 at 9:08 PM Post #403 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by FrederikS|TPU /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a newbie question. Will this amps suit my Cowon iAudio i7 + Ultimate Ears Super.fi 3 Studios and Super.fi 5 Pro?
Thanks in advance!
Awesome forum btw guys!

The Super.Fi's don't benefit from amping. And the i7 has an insanely strong amp already.... well, maybe there's a difference in soundstage/separation, but I don't know. I can unpack my Headsix earliest at Christmas.
wink.gif

Dec 1, 2007 at 1:10 AM Post #405 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Super.Fi's don't benefit from amping. And the i7 has an insanely strong amp already.... well, maybe there's a difference in soundstage/separation, but I don't know. I can unpack my Headsix earliest at Christmas.
wink.gif

Very true. My i7 drives my large cans very well. When I used it with my Move, I don't feel much improvement on the sound compared to the effect the Move has on the iPod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back