The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread
Mar 22, 2013 at 3:27 AM Post #826 of 6,342
Quote:
Thanks for the info, David.

Custom manufactured at an engineering shop.

Impressive.

Nice photos, too.

It's only round bar stainless steel, then a lathe is used to get the shape I'm after.
The eight I've ordered for the GS-X should be done in a week.
I'll post photo of one of the eight and one I've already got just to show the difference in size.

Mar 22, 2013 at 4:27 AM Post #827 of 6,342
I better hope you are bringing your GS-X to the UK Meet. 
biggrin.gif

Mar 22, 2013 at 10:13 AM Post #828 of 6,342
Quote:
I better hope you are bringing your GS-X to the UK Meet. 
biggrin.gif

I went to the Cambridgeshire head-fi meeting last year with friend headfier IanG and someone from Leeds called Andy.
I took with me my SR-009's and BHSE, but only took my iPod to use as source.
If I was to attend another head-fi meeting and decided to take my audio gear, I wouldn't be taking my iPod, it would be my K-01.
However, it looks like the UK meeting you're referring to is in London.
For me to get to London and back is about 6 hours, so that time aswell as setting up then packing my gear away would be a tiring day for me.
If an head-fi meeting somewhere in Yorkshire could be organised, I'd be happy to take my headphone equipment which would include the Esoteric, but I'm sorry to say I won't be going to the London one.

Mar 22, 2013 at 10:23 AM Post #829 of 6,342
Quote:

I went to the Cambridgeshire head-fi meeting last year with friend headfier IanG and someone from Leeds called Andy.
I took with me my SR-009's and BHSE, but only took my iPod to use as source.
If I was to attend another head-fi meeting and decided to take my audio gear, I wouldn't be taking my iPod, it would be my K-01.
However, it looks like the UK meeting you're referring to is in London.
For me to get to London and back is about 6 hours, so that time aswell as setting up then packing my gear away would be a tiring day for me.
If an head-fi meeting somewhere in Yorkshire could be organised, I'd be happy to take my headphone equipment which would include the Esoteric, but I'm sorry to say I won't be going to the London one.

Typical European response! You know that here in the States people travel six hours one way to get to a meet?! Check out Austin Meet impressions!

I am just messing with you. I would not go to a meet if it was anything over an hour away! But big props to maxvla! Now that's passion!
beerchug.gif

ANd how could i forget Preproman, who is planning on attending DC meet from OH!
beerchug.gif

Sorry for digressing, but to GSX!

Mar 22, 2013 at 11:20 AM Post #830 of 6,342
Quote:
Typical European response! You know that here in the States people travel six hours one way to get to a meet?! Check out Austin Meet impressions!

I am just messing with you. I would not go to a meet if it was anything over an hour away! But big props to maxvla! Now that's passion!
beerchug.gif

ANd how could i forget Preproman, who is planning on attending DC meet from OH!
beerchug.gif

Sorry for digressing, but to GSX!

After having a serious motorcycle accident which left me in a coma and almost cost me my life, I try to avoid travelling long distances, but fortunately my hearing wasn't damaged.
The reason why I love listening to music so much with headphones, is because in that time I'm at my happiest. 

Mar 22, 2013 at 12:06 PM Post #831 of 6,342
Quote:

You obviously don't know (the mentality and habits in) Finnmark then.

Mar 22, 2013 at 1:20 PM Post #833 of 6,342
Quote:

After having a serious motorcycle accident which left me in a coma and almost cost me my life, I try to avoid travelling long distances, but fortunately my hearing wasn't damaged.
The reason why I love listening to music so much with headphones, is because in that time I'm at my happiest. 

Sorry to hear about your accident. I have an old old friend that had a terrible motorcycle accident, so i do understand a bit.

I totally don't blame you for not traveling far for meets. I myself would not travel that far, and I dont have a good reason. I really was just kidding with you.

BTW, I should have shouted out Justin earlier as well. HE traveled from VA to Austin, TX. Now that's dedication. OK, I am def derailing the thread so I will stop now.

So how awesome is the GSX!!! ANy more pics anyone!

Mar 22, 2013 at 3:17 PM Post #834 of 6,342
I'm using with my GS-X, the senn HD 600's to which I had a pure silver 4 pin XLR custom cable made, and my combo of HD-600 / GS-Xmk2 / K-01 with that custom cable, while hard to believe, isn't far behind my other combo of SR-009 / BHSE / K01. This is why if I went to another head-fi meeting along with my audio gear, I'd be wanting to take that source, then those that had a listen would know if I was talking rubbish or not.

After taking the photo I'm about to listen to my 009 / BHSE /K-01 combo.

For now my GS-X's amp and PSU are on separate shelves, but I'm having a small rack made to separate the GS-X's amp section and PSU, when that's done and the stainless steel feet are made I'll do another photo of just the GS-X.

Mar 22, 2013 at 3:59 PM Post #837 of 6,342
It seems like several people that have the BHSE also have a GSX. Just an idea, and maybe it wouldn't work because the power needs are different, but how about having one power source unit that can switch between powering a BHSE and a GSX? This could save shelf space and give an extra incentive for customers to buy both the GSX and the BHSE at a cost less than the sum of buying them individually.

Okay, I guess Justin is always getting dumb suggestions, kind of like that Seinfeld episode where that LA Law actor gets dumb suggestions for show plots (like George forgetting to feed his girl friend's cat while she is away).

Mar 22, 2013 at 4:41 PM Post #838 of 6,342
I don't remember the exact voltages but the BHSE is like 750 volts and the GS-X is something like the mid-20's so I doubt there's too much common between the two power supplies.

Mar 22, 2013 at 7:36 PM Post #840 of 6,342
And its not as simple as using the same PSU for each amp as the footprint of each amp section is... slightly different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back