The GS-1 Thread
Jan 3, 2011 at 3:10 PM Post #230 of 542
Post that contained my unhappiness over USPS speed. All irrelevant now.

Jan 10, 2011 at 5:56 AM Post #231 of 542
i see the tracking updated on 1/6 (before your update to that post) and it entered your country.  A little patience is all that was needed

Also, all pending GS-X orders were shipped, but I'll be leaving the wait time for that at 4 weeks so I don't get mobbed.

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Jan 10, 2011 at 8:54 AM Post #232 of 542
Oh finally its in the customs, I was getting worried :) Sorry for getting impatient.

Jan 11, 2011 at 4:10 PM Post #233 of 542

I'm glad you posted this picture of your Silver GS-X.  I just received my silver GS-1 and the appearance of the front panel is VERY different than the Gilmore Lite I owned a few years ago...but matches the front panel finish of your GS-X.  I must admit I miss the more finely brushed appearance of the Gilmore Lite...I also have some nicks and burrs in the volume knob on my GS-1.  I've emailed Justin asking for a replacement knob.  Not quite what I expected. 

Quote:
Justin,  
Any word on when GS-Xs will be shipping out?   I haven't received any shipping notification yet.   I had the impression these were going to be finished up around the same time as the GS-1s.

I'm now a proud owner of the world's first GS-X in silver.
ph34r.gif
I ordered it in July 2007 and have been waiting for it since - and it's everything I was hoping it would be!
smile.gif

Jan 12, 2011 at 8:51 AM Post #234 of 542
Just received my silver GS-X yesterday - looks exactly like the photos posted by Asr.   I must say it is very impressive - both in appearance and sound!   Many thanks to Justin for making this happen.   Incidentally, the GS-X is a fantastic match for my balanced HD800s.   I would enthusiastically recommend this combo for anyone who has HD800s and has yet to find an amp that they like with these phones.  

Jan 12, 2011 at 9:02 AM Post #235 of 542
Got my GS-1 today and well all I can say is that it must mean that I have arrived to the lower high-end segment of the headphone amp world.
I bet there is room for improvement still (GS-X and such) but It seems to fit my HD650's quite well. I hope it will be a good match when I upgrade to HD800's. 

Will post pics later.

Also thank you Justin, according to my standards the wait was quite long but within reason and by far less than some of the other guys here so I am happy.

Jan 12, 2011 at 10:38 AM Post #236 of 542

Quote:
Got my GS-1 today and well all I can say is that it must mean that I have arrived to the lower high-end segment of the headphone amp world.
I bet there is room for improvement still (GS-X and such) but It seems to fit my HD650's quite well. I hope it will be a good match when I upgrade to HD800's. 

Will post pics later.

Also thank you Justin, according to my standards the wait was quite long but within reason and by far than some of the guys here so I am happy.

IMO, after having heard some of the best amps out there, I would say you're already in the high-end. Focus on your source now.

Jan 12, 2011 at 12:41 PM Post #237 of 542
Sweeeeeet :D

At the moment im taking SPDIF from my PC to Marantz PM-75's DAC (TDA1541A) and from there to GS-1. Probably will use GS-1's loopout to send the signal to my OTL amp.

Jan 12, 2011 at 8:57 PM Post #238 of 542
Quote:
I'm glad you posted this picture of your Silver GS-X.  I just received my silver GS-1 and the appearance of the front panel is VERY different than the Gilmore Lite I owned a few years ago...but matches the front panel finish of your GS-X.  I must admit I miss the more finely brushed appearance of the Gilmore Lite.

IIRC, Justin once mentioned to me that he sanded over the Gilmore Lite chassis by hand to get its uniquely smooth finish. I suspect Justin might not sand over chassis parts anymore. Can't blame him if he stopped but it'd be nice if he did, because I too like the smooth finish of the GL.

Quote:
Just received my silver GS-X yesterday - looks exactly like the photos posted by Asr.   I must say it is very impressive - both in appearance and sound!   Many thanks to Justin for making this happen.   Incidentally, the GS-X is a fantastic match for my balanced HD800s.   I would enthusiastically recommend this combo for anyone who has HD800s and has yet to find an amp that they like with these phones.  

What's your balanced source, out of curiosity?

Jan 13, 2011 at 8:37 AM Post #240 of 542
Currently using a small Shanling transport with Benchmark DAC1 USB.   Probably can do better (have been thinking about a few other DACs) but am still very impressed by how well it sounds with the balanced GS-X/HD800s.    I have a very tight space for my equipment and the transport and DAC1 fit perfectly along with the larger GS-X on the shelf.   I'm afraid a larger transport or DAC would be a big problem.  Using a computer as a source is not up my alley. 

Quote:
Quote:
I'm glad you posted this picture of your Silver GS-X.  I just received my silver GS-1 and the appearance of the front panel is VERY different than the Gilmore Lite I owned a few years ago...but matches the front panel finish of your GS-X.  I must admit I miss the more finely brushed appearance of the Gilmore Lite.

IIRC, Justin once mentioned to me that he sanded over the Gilmore Lite chassis by hand to get its uniquely smooth finish. I suspect Justin might not sand over chassis parts anymore. Can't blame him if he stopped but it'd be nice if he did, because I too like the smooth finish of the GL.

Quote:

What's your balanced source, out of curiosity?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back