The GS-1 Thread
May 13, 2019 at 10:05 PM Post #542 of 542
I bought this thing on a whim, was considering the Gilmore lite Mk2, but saw this and thought "what the hell". All I can say is, it really does what it says...amplifier without coloring the sound! My chord hugo 2 is my dac, the Headamp on high, driving my beyer T1 Gen 1 at 600 ohms really loud at 11-12(low about 2-3)!

I can say it does tame the harshness just a little on bad recordings, the mids is damn near perfect for my lacking, bass is punchy, tighter, less boomy, it does not add any extra but define a little. That said, the Chord hugo 2 is already a good DAC/AMP.

Compares to the Liquid Platinum on stock tube, the Beyer T1 runs at about 11-13 (single ended), the bass Punch a lot harder, a little bit more boomy. On my HD820, I dont like the added bass, but on my T1 its welcome but not needed (I'm not a bass head). I fel the mids were slightly raise a little, rather singing straight or a little below my face, I felt like its slight above my face, sort of like sitting a little too close to the stadium and looking up at the singer.

20190513_165906.jpg

Forgive my shaky hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back