The GS-1 Thread
Nov 16, 2006 at 10:26 PM Post #181 of 542
Hi,

The PSU is identical for 110v and 230v regions.

I am considering buying a GS-1 and asked Justin about this as I may be moving to a 110v region in the next 12-36 months.

The transformer is the same and all that differs is two jumpers soldered in place on the bottom of the PCB.

rs1smile.gif

Oct 8, 2010 at 3:57 PM Post #182 of 542
I ordered one, and hopefully join the GS-1 family...

Oct 8, 2010 at 6:14 PM Post #183 of 542
I ordered one early last month, and can't wait to get mine!
I, hopefully, should be receiving it sometime next month.
I owned one alittle over a couple of years back, but had to sell it. I have regretted it ever since.
It is an outstanding sounding amp, top-to-bottom, and is very neutral.
Good luck getting any responses from Justin via email or snail mail, however...He seems to totally ignore emails and snail mail.
Congratulations!
Lanny

Oct 9, 2010 at 8:26 PM Post #184 of 542
I ordered mine in May 2010. I am yet to get it!

It was supposed to take around 8 weeks. Emailed Justin several times and haven't received a response from him for over two months. I read great reviews about the amplifier and was really looking forward to it. In the end, I gave up, disputed the charge and got my money back from Paypal (today, in fact). I don't think the seller is dishonest, but very unresponsive and slow. There are other postings on this site with similar complaints.

I hope you will have a better experience. Good luck!

Oct 9, 2010 at 8:36 PM Post #185 of 542
Uh damn, thats nasty I mean I really want it but I want it sooner...so I dont know now maybe I really should ask for a refund. I mean I really want it but I really do not want to wait for that long...
I guess Im gonna wait for 8 weeks and get the refund if it doesnt make it.

Oct 10, 2010 at 12:05 AM Post #186 of 542

Quote:
I ordered mine in May 2010. I am yet to get it!

It was supposed to take around 8 weeks. Emailed Justin several times and haven't received a response from him for over two months. I read great reviews about the amplifier and was really looking forward to it. In the end, I gave up, disputed the charge and got my money back from Paypal (today, in fact). I don't think the seller is dishonest, but very unresponsive and slow. There are other postings on this site with similar complaints.

I hope you will have a better experience. Good luck!

I guess that means that its not looking promising for me to receive my GS-1 by mid to late November then
rolleyes.gif

If I don't hear an update or get an email from Justin by then, I guess I will dispute the charge, and ask for a refund from Paypal as well.
I would feel alot more comfortable doing business with him, if he would answer my emails and/or letters.
I sent him a couple of emails, and a letter, asking for a receipt, or a proof of purchase, and some questions I had about the current GS-1, and have received absolutely no response.
I did receive a receipt from Paypal that said they sent the funds to him, but I have never received one from him.
I also think that 8 to 10 weeks is more than enough time to wait for an amp.
I can understand that he is a very busy man, and is probably covered up with orders, but a little more communication would be very nice.
Sorry for the rant.

Lanny

Oct 10, 2010 at 3:21 AM Post #188 of 542
I payed via Google Checkout which seems to leave a simple trail and also the funds have not yet disappeared form my account but show up as "Reserved". Anyways I have sent him an email with a cancellation wish- the probability for a realllly long wait is too high I would just get a WooAudio 6SE and then maybe reorder down the line but this way I would at least have something nice while I'm waiting.

Oct 10, 2010 at 4:58 AM Post #189 of 542
All pending GS-1 orders should be shipped in about 3 weeks and I'll have stock at that time.  The only thing that needs to be done is have the brushed finish applied to the enclosures & silkscreen the panels, and I am working w/ a new vendor for the former that I just flew out to visit & brought samples with me.  I have boxes full of all the circuit boards that are already assembled

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Oct 10, 2010 at 5:32 AM Post #190 of 542

Quote:
Disputing charges in PayPal makes it harder for a seller to issue a refund, and I've never known Justin @ HeadAmp to not issue a refund when requested.

I was not too excited about disputing charges either but had little choice. Justin offered a refund on 2nd Aug and that was the last time I heard from him. Here is the chronology:

05-May Emailed Justin asking if GS-1 is in stock.
14-May Email from Justin that GS-1 has a wait-list.
20-May Emailed Justin about estimated delivery time, advance etc. and also about the complaints about delays.
20-May Email from Justin about deposit.
20-May Emailed Justin about concerns expressed on Head-fi ( see this ).
26-May Email from Justin: "The best estimate is 8 weeks. I have built orders for existing GS-1s so I'll be able to stick to that."
26-May Paid $200 advance.
26-May Acknowledgment from Justin.
25-June Sent an email asking for status update-no response.
03-July Asked for a status update again-no response.
21-July Sent a reminder-no response.
25 July Sent another reminder.
26-July Justin says 20 units shipped since I placed my order, but doesn't give a firm delivery date.
01-Aug Sent a reminder asking for a delivery date.
02-Aug Justin offers to issue a refund.
02-Aug I accepted the offer for the refund.
16-Sep Sent a reminder-no response/no refund.
23-Sep Sent a reminder-no response/no refund.

My problem is that I got burnt by other sellers before and am risk-averse. It is practically impossible to dispute the charge if it is beyond 90 days and Paypal isn't very helpful in resolving disputes. In my case Paypal essentially said they can't help me, wouldn't even register my dispute on their website so I had to talk to my bank and they sorted it out with Paypal.

To be very clear this is not a negative comment about GS-1. I spent a year (!) researching headphone amplifiers before choosing GS-1, checked with Dr. Gilmore and checked out several reviews before making up my mind. I believe it is a very good circuit and is worth the money. But I also think the wait is too long, the seller wasn't very responsive and didn't stick to his own deadlines and I didn't want to take chances with my hard-earned money. Not very professional overall BUT to be fair to Justin, there are no comments here or elsewhere that people actually lost money. I am still interested in the GS-1 if it is in stock, or if any one wants to sell theirs.

Oct 10, 2010 at 6:07 AM Post #191 of 542
Hi,

I checked my emails and your request for a refund actually said you wanted me to refund you so that you could send another payment the same day.  Sorry but I found that insulting and ridiculous.  I do see 2 later emails that i missed but I see they were asking about the status of the amp, not a refund.  So at no point did you ask for a true refund, otherwise I would have sent it immediately.  Actually, I *still* don't have anything from you that says to send a refund.  Your credit card company refunds you with their own money then on their own schedule they seek to recoup it from the recipient.  By the way, this is exactly why I am not going to issue you a PayPal payment so that you can send another one.  Credit Card companies couldn't care less about our PayPal paper trail.

They will be in stock in a few weeks.  

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Oct 10, 2010 at 7:17 AM Post #192 of 542
Justin-if you had replied to my emails with the same promptness I see here, we would not have had a problem! Not to belabor the point, but IMO there is nothing insulting or ridiculous in trying to protect myself - considering that I had no protection after 90 days and also that we were way past the original estimates. I am sure you are genuine but what option am I left with if emails are not responded to for months? And if you found it insulting etc. why not reply to the email and say so, or even better simply issue a refund?

Here is what I said in my email and I think that is clear enough:

"[size=x-small][size=10pt]We have one more week. As I mentioned earlier, I have no doubt that you are genuine but I got burnt earlier by others. After 90 days I cannot dispute the charge with Paypal. As I have said earlier, my overwhelming preference is to get the preamplifier but if for any reason you are unable to ship this week, please issue a refund to Paypal. I will send the full payment as soon as you are ready. If not, I will have to dispute the charge and it will be a hassle for both of us. I bought a power amplifier about three months back and am waiting for your preamp. I really hope you will deliver this week.[/size][/size]"

to which you replied:
Code:
 I will send you a refund then. If your concern is that I am going to take your money and deliver nothing, then you can wait until I have the GS-1 in stock and can ship it the next day. That will be the longest wait time for sure

You may not be able to reply to every email but it would really help if you can send an email once a month updating customers about progress (or lack of). It would also help if you provided realistic delivery estimates. Nothing personal and as I said earlier, please let me know when the item is in stock and we can conclude the transaction, assuming you are still interested.

Oct 10, 2010 at 7:53 AM Post #193 of 542
I have gotten responses rather quickly so I cant complain about customer service also in the latest email he assured me that it will be shipped in time and in fact if its not gonna make it in time ill get a really big discount....
So im hopeful and will strap in for the wait....

Oct 10, 2010 at 1:52 PM Post #194 of 542

Quote:
I have gotten responses rather quickly so I cant complain about customer service also in the latest email he assured me that it will be shipped in time and in fact if its not gonna make it in time ill get a really big discount....
So im hopeful and will strap in for the wait....

I would be happy just to get ONE email response from Justin!

Nov 5, 2010 at 11:06 AM Post #195 of 542
Allright people it has been 4 weeks since I ordered my GS-1 another  four and Ill get it
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back