The GRADO SR-60 Impressions Thread
Feb 15, 2005 at 3:25 AM Post #47 of 869
i'll never forget the day i plugged my sr-60 into my ipod. i think i listened to my music for about three days non-stop. these are one of the most addicting headphones out there! grado was very smart in making these sound so good for the price, so that people would buy their higher models. (that includes me)!!!

Feb 15, 2005 at 3:27 AM Post #48 of 869
I believe I could do it. Just have a sr-60 and some sort of mp3 as my primary musical source. Wait, Can I have two cans? I'd take the 225's for a sniff of the high end. Then I would buy a nice tubey smooth amp, then tuberoll it. Maybe complement it with a Meridian G08 or something, Then I can........
rolleyes.gif

But seriously I am ultra excited about the sr60's coming to me in a couple of weeks. It's like being 11 again going to watch the return of the jedi.

Feb 15, 2005 at 3:37 AM Post #51 of 869
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
I believe I could do it. Just have a sr-60 and some sort of mp3 as my primary musical source. Wait, Can I have two cans? I'd take the 225's for a sniff of the high end. Then I would buy a nice tubey smooth amp, then tuberoll it. Maybe complement it with a Meridian G08 or something, Then I can........
rolleyes.gif

But seriously I am ultra excited about the sr60's coming to me in a couple of weeks. It's like being 11 again going to watch the return of the jedi.

How truthful this post is!

Of course, with the sniff of the high end you will undoubtably be tempted to at least audition those RS-1's you so love, and then with all the raves about the metals...those HP-1000's or heck even those rare PS-1's might tickle or fancy!

Regarding ROTJ, no joke, this is it exactly. You can hope to recapture that emotion but it just ain't gonna happen. That is it with me and the SR60's to a T.

Feb 15, 2005 at 3:56 AM Post #54 of 869
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth
How truthful this post is!

Of course, with the sniff of the high end you will undoubtably be tempted to at least audition those RS-1's you so love, and then with all the raves about the metals...those HP-1000's or heck even those rare PS-1's might tickle or fancy!

Regarding ROTJ, no joke, this is it exactly. You can hope to recapture that emotion but it just ain't gonna happen. That is it with me and the SR60's to a T.

I could do it no probs. Lemme just put the sr60 drivers in the HP-2 cups and we are set. For an amp I choose a EMP and for the main source how about a cheap sony cd player. It would last me ages.

Feb 15, 2005 at 3:59 AM Post #55 of 869
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
I could do it no probs. Lemme just put the sr60 drivers in the HP-2 cups and we are set. For an amp I choose a EMP and for the main source how about a cheap sony cd player. It would last me ages.

Well, if you are going to demolish some HP-1000's, may as well plop the HP-1000 drivers into the SR60's. I think you would get better results. HAven't ever heard the EMP but from what I continually read, I should already own this little beauty.

Feb 15, 2005 at 4:08 AM Post #56 of 869
Quote:

Well, if you are going to demolish some HP-1000's, may as well plop the HP-1000 drivers into the SR60's. I think you would get better results. HAven't ever heard the EMP but from what I continually read, I should already own this little beauty.

Okay we will compromise. Hp drivers in rs cups.. The EMP would be too warm for your taste's. Bass is a bit flabby on the EMP although corrected on the EMP anniv.

BTW I missed out on the Marantz CD 7 and the wadia 27ix. I went to pay for them but my computer went screwy. Took me a few hours to sort things out but when I got in touch they were sold.

Feb 15, 2005 at 4:15 AM Post #57 of 869
I've loved my SR-60's from the first time I listened to them. There's been countless times where I walk out of class, put on my SR-60's, load up some good music and spend the next 20 minutes trying to hold back an idiotic smile. Though the E2c's have taken over for school usage (mostly due to the weather), I'd choose my SR-60's over any other brand of headphones out there without having to listen to them. And I got really lucky, since the duct tape in key places of my phones will keep me from ever being able to sell them for a decent price, so I'm forced to keep them until they die.

Feb 15, 2005 at 4:40 AM Post #59 of 869
Quote:

Originally Posted by spike33
lol everyones paying homage to sr60 while im selling them

No worries, I've read that Hell is a nice place this time of year
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 15, 2005 at 4:45 AM Post #60 of 869
Quote:

No worries, I've read that Hell is a nice place this time of year
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nah hells to soft for him. He will be sentenced to listen to via ipod celine dions titanic theme and whitney houstons "bodyguard" theme for all eternity. I hope you suffer. You have betrayed Church of grado and now you will be cast out. Begone O'evil one, begone.
rs1smile.gif

BTW sr-60's were way too good for you anyway.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back