The Grado HF2--It's For Real
May 26, 2009 at 1:53 PM Post #661 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cankin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
May I suggest you some threads to post ?

Thanks for your suggestion.
icon10.gif

May 26, 2009 at 2:11 PM Post #662 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by upstairs0102 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I very much look forward to this new headphone. I'm also a fan of Grado but my English is very poor, I'm working hard on "5 posts" in order to obtain qualify(to buy HF-2).
regular_smile .gif

what do you make of this n. korea debacle?...makes you just want to turn on, tune in and drop out with some special edition Grados, am i right?
biggrin.gif

hopefully they can bring stability to the region...headphone diplomacy...

your thoughts?...

May 26, 2009 at 2:11 PM Post #663 of 2,859
I've been a very vocal fan of the HF1's for a long time now, and now I kind of regret that I was. I was so excited to hear about the HF2's, then I saw the price. Come ON. The HF1's were $200. I guess Todd and John think we are all spending more on headphones now so "why not make our special limited edition expensive? They'll still buy it."

I have never had a bad thought about John Grado until this day. In fact I am always singing his praises, pretty much. There is no WAY I can afford these. I could happily afford an HF2 that was in the same price range as the HF1. It makes me so sad that I have to miss out on this because of the super high price.

In this economy, guys, do us a favor! Don't torture your loyal followers! Make something affordable, more like a gift to head-fiers instead of something that will hurt most of us economically, yet we can't resist.

Well, I have to resist, I have no other choice. And it sucks.

May 26, 2009 at 2:20 PM Post #664 of 2,859
I think offering an improved pair for the going value of the originals IS doing loyal followers a favor. Rather than just rehashing what he did already, he made the next logical step. Grado still sells $200 headphones.

May 26, 2009 at 2:47 PM Post #665 of 2,859
not that you don't have the right to complain, but...

you got a set of brand new HF-1 for $200 and you live in Calcutta (really!)?...

just saying...living where you do (really!), i'm guessing you've heard of karma...

May 26, 2009 at 4:27 PM Post #667 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by spinneresque /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been a very vocal fan of the HF1's for a long time now, and now I kind of regret that I was. I was so excited to hear about the HF2's, then I saw the price. Come ON. The HF1's were $200. I guess Todd and John think we are all spending more on headphones now so "why not make our special limited edition expensive? They'll still buy it."

I have never had a bad thought about John Grado until this day. In fact I am always singing his praises, pretty much. There is no WAY I can afford these. I could happily afford an HF2 that was in the same price range as the HF1. It makes me so sad that I have to miss out on this because of the super high price.

In this economy, guys, do us a favor! Don't torture your loyal followers! Make something affordable, more like a gift to head-fiers instead of something that will hurt most of us economically, yet we can't resist.

The thing is, this headphone is not the HF1. It's the HF2 which is made entirely out of different materials (no plastic according to Todd) and most likely a significant upgrade. There's nothing wrong with making a high(er) end limited edition headphone and pricing it according to its performance relative to other Grados.

With that in mind, the cost lines up with the other Grados made out of metal and/or wood.

May 26, 2009 at 4:38 PM Post #668 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by spinneresque /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did you visit the US and buy the HF1? Or is there an audiophile store in Calcutta? Just curious.

May 26, 2009 at 4:57 PM Post #670 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The HF1s were available new for headfi members worldwide from ttvj.com. Just like the hf2s.

Oh right.

May 26, 2009 at 6:02 PM Post #673 of 2,859
I think you can't PM Todd, he has it disabled.

Well THE DAY is approaching, lets see if it as sexy as the rs/p1000 series, and the sound more towards RS than SR.

As for Todds impressions on being a baby PS1000 makes the expectation to grow even higher!

May 26, 2009 at 6:05 PM Post #674 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Given that he's right in the middle of getting ready to head to canjam, I'd try calling first, then email, then pm.

Well, I think it will be difficult to call him since I live in the other side of the universe. I already dropped him an e-mail and now I just need to wait for his response. I really want the HF2 but the custom here is complicated, hell, every bureaucracy is complicated here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back