The Grado HF2--It's For Real
May 23, 2009 at 5:17 PM Post #616 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullseye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Agghh Still a week left and apart from knowing has not plastic, it end in a 1/4 jack...

Todd, care to tell us a little more? Like for example headband type or if it has buttons or no?

And maybe tell us how many have pre-ordered to this point? I know we have the roll-call, but how accurate is it? I suspect it's on the low side by a fair margin.

May 23, 2009 at 10:19 PM Post #617 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by tenzip /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...because we knew going in that it wasn't going to ship until after CanJam.

My dear sir, this is a totally incorrect statement.

When we first pre-ordered in January (or as you say "when we were going in") we were told that they would be delivered in the "late February, early March" timeframe.

That's a considerable difference from "after Canjam" which is early June.

The only denial here, is that river in Egypt!

May 23, 2009 at 10:54 PM Post #618 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My dear sir, this is a totally incorrect statement.

When we first pre-ordered in January (or as you say "when we were going in") we were told that they would be delivered in the "late February, early March" timeframe.

That's a considerable difference from "after Canjam" which is early June.

The only denial here, is that river in Egypt!

You're either talking about hte hd800 here, or you're on the super secret todd preorder, and that's not relevant
smily_headphones1.gif
Since the thread is about the hf2, I'm assuming he's going based on the public information, which was that the hf2 was gonna ship after canjam
smily_headphones1.gif

May 23, 2009 at 11:11 PM Post #619 of 2,859
Thank you Dan. My tangent was off in HD800 la-la land.

Thanks for the wake up call.

May 23, 2009 at 11:19 PM Post #620 of 2,859
Yeah, thnk you too for making things clear. I thought "what a pain waiting for so many months for the HF-2", but now I think for the ones who are waiting for HD800 "what a pain"
biggrin.gif

May 24, 2009 at 12:17 AM Post #622 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This whole thread is now like, "Blah blah blah HF-2 Blah Blah look like Blah blah blah dunno Blah Blah blah shiney toy blah blah..." boring.

Best post in this thread so far

@ Grimspoon, Todd said he would not charge until after CanJam when HF-2 is revealed to be a barely modified SR325i, just enough to make Grado Fans poop their pants, (Joke, but wouldn't be surprised). He said he wants impressions and reviews to be available to give people a chance to decide to keep the order or withdraw. To let people know for sure the HF-2 is $125 better than the HD650, HD600, DT880, K601, D5000, AD900 and other headphones. For this price, these better be without doubt destroy all the other headphones you can get under $350 right now.

May 24, 2009 at 12:56 AM Post #625 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbd2884 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Best post in this thread so far

@ Grimspoon, Todd said he would not charge until after CanJam when HF-2 is revealed to be a barely modified SR325i, just enough to make Grado Fans poop their pants, (Joke, but wouldn't be surprised). He said he wants impressions and reviews to be available to give people a chance to decide to keep the order or withdraw. To let people know for sure the HF-2 is $125 better than the HD650, HD600, DT880, K601, D5000, AD900 and other headphones. For this price, these better be without doubt destroy all the other headphones you can get under $350 right now.

Maybe.

Except for the fact that the HF-2 will be crafted from the finest unobtanium, resulting in FOTM madness and selling prices above MSRP by year's end. You've been here long enough to know that out of production headphones always sound better than anything in production.

The SR-325i will never have that.

And, as a Grado fan, I'll have to hang onto my pair and make regular comments about it being a shame that so many missed out.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 24, 2009 at 1:02 AM Post #626 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe.

Except for the fact that the HF-2 will be crafted from the finest unobtanium, resulting in FOTM madness and selling prices above MSRP by year's end. You've been here long enough to know that out of production headphones always sound better than anything in production.

The SR-325i will never have that.

And, as a Grado fan, I'll have to hang onto my pair and make regular comments about it being a shame that so many missed out.
smily_headphones1.gif

Very funny that you would say finest unobtanium. For those that don't know unobtanium is nothing, doesn't exist. It's just a term to refer to fine, rare or even ficticious material.

I hope this finest unobtanium destroys all other headphones under $350 from AKG, Beyerdynamics, AT, Sennheiser.

And I definitely hope the finest unobtanium is so amazing, every single Grado fan poops their pants once they touch the HF-2. I want to read about massive diaharreah experiences which required medical help. If not crapping your pants, at least your brain leaping out of your skull in amazement.

Seriously have fun. I think headphones named after this community is very cool!

May 24, 2009 at 1:05 AM Post #627 of 2,859
Quote:

Very funny that you would say finest unobtanium. For those that don't know unobtanium is nothing, doesn't exist. It's just a term to refer to fine, rare or even ficticious material.

I dont think anyone here is dim enough to not understand that "unobtanium" = "unobtainable alloy"
wink.gif

May 24, 2009 at 1:35 AM Post #628 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This whole thread is now like, "Blah blah blah HF-2 Blah Blah look like Blah blah blah dunno Blah Blah blah shiney toy blah blah..." boring.

Close to 10,000 posts in less than two years. Wow. How do you find the time to listen?

May 24, 2009 at 2:11 AM Post #629 of 2,859
Quote:

I hope this finest unobtanium destroys all other headphones under $350 from AKG, Beyerdynamics, AT, Sennheiser.

And I definitely hope the finest unobtanium is so amazing, every single Grado fan poops their pants once they touch the HF-2. I want to read about massive diaharreah experiences which required medical help. If not crapping your pants, at least your brain leaping out of your skull in amazement.

Seriously have fun. I think headphones named after this community is very cool!

I was wondering how long before you decided to smear your inane drivel all over a thread that celebrates the growth of the community just because this one offering happens to be spearheaded by Grado. You do the community proud.

May 24, 2009 at 3:42 AM Post #630 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beagle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Close to 10,000 posts in less than two years. Wow. How do you find the time to listen?

I went on medical retirement 2 weeks after I joined - so I sit around in my chair all day listening to headphones, waiting until they develop implants to feed the sound directly to our brains. Until then, I'm just a monkey pushing the "entertain me" button (computer mouse button that is).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back