The Grado HF2--It's For Real
Jul 10, 2009 at 4:21 PM Post #2,762 of 2,859
if it's something you can't deal with, then no big deal, just move along. Some people need the visual details to be perfect. There's nothing wrong with that, but complaining won't change the situation. If you like the grado sound, and 1 instead of I doesn't bother you, and you can justify the money, then buy it. If any of those doesn't apply to you, there are lots of other headphones in the world...

Jul 10, 2009 at 4:33 PM Post #2,763 of 2,859
I'd hate to change the topic of discussion away from the F1 issue, but can anyone with a pair confirm that they come with bowl pads? I'm not that up on my grado-ese, and I'd like to be sure so I can order some of the other pad type.

Jul 10, 2009 at 4:40 PM Post #2,765 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They come with bowls, yes

Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 10, 2009 at 4:46 PM Post #2,766 of 2,859
Does anyone know any good e-tailers or ebay users that sell good quality flats that fit HF-2s? Or is there a generic size for these?

Jul 10, 2009 at 4:47 PM Post #2,767 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by PuffyElvis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The lettering issue is no doubt a big mistake. I'd like to invite anyone who has never made a big mistake to say so. I work in the networking field, where mistakes can mean bring entire networks down and cost tens of thousands of dollars a minute. That doesn't mean they don't happen.

Should we be upset, sure. Should we move on, lets.

Mistakes happen, and most of us do not have a problem accepting so.
Most mistakes are fixed though, unlike this one...
very_evil_smiley.gif

See the difference?

Jul 10, 2009 at 4:50 PM Post #2,768 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by ABathingApe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone know any good e-tailers or ebay users that sell good quality flats that fit HF-2s? Or is there a generic size for these?

TTVJ stocks them, comfies too.

Jul 10, 2009 at 5:01 PM Post #2,771 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by PuffyElvis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The lettering issue is no doubt a big mistake. I'd like to invite anyone who has never made a big mistake to say so. I work in the networking field, where mistakes can mean bring entire networks down and cost tens of thousands of dollars a minute. That doesn't mean they don't happen.

Should we be upset, sure. Should we move on, lets.

Great post PuffyElvis and I agree that we should just move on
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mistakes happen, and most of us do not have a problem accepting so.
Most mistakes are fixed though, unlike this one...
very_evil_smiley.gif

See the difference?

Krmathis I thought you don't have a horse in this race as you canceled your order? As Todd has said that the remaining HF-2s will have the "F1" lettering and there won't be a fix. In any case some of us have moved on from this and that is the difference
rolleyes.gif

Jul 10, 2009 at 5:03 PM Post #2,772 of 2,859
I've never chosen to use the bowls until now. The bowls that come with the HF-2 are not only the most appropriate for the HF-2, but oddly enough - they seem much more comfortable than in the past (to me). Now, did I inadvertently find a way of shaping the handband that caused this to happen (bending each end [from 3/4-1'] of the headband slighly inwards to help relieve pressure at the top of the ear)......or has there been a subtle reshaping of these current bowls?

Jul 10, 2009 at 5:21 PM Post #2,773 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by riceboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Krmathis I thought you don't have a horse in this race as you canceled your order? As Todd has said that the remaining HF-2s will have the "F1" lettering and there won't be a fix. In any case some of us have moved on from this and that is the difference
rolleyes.gif

I did not order, as when I became ready to place my order the flaw arise with full force.
If I have one in order or not is unrelated to the post I replied to though...

Mistakes happen, which is acceptable. The main difference/problem is how they go on when the mistake has happened.
* Take full responsibility and fix the mistake.
* Basically ignore the mistake and just move on.

I know that Todd have said the "F1" are here to stay, but that does not say that I will move on...
rolleyes.gif

Jul 10, 2009 at 5:24 PM Post #2,774 of 2,859
This is from Grado's website: "We also understand the need to offer superior quality control and customer service, and each day we strive to continue to keep our customers satisfied."

Superior quality control? negative
Quality customer service? nope
Strive to keep customers satisfied? Nah. They're making no efforts at all.

Todd and John Grado may not have known about the error before shipping out the merchandise, but they know about it now. What are they going to do about it? Nothing. That's completely evident. They're going to send the product as is, error and all. They'll make no attempts whatsoever to make the customers happy. They claim that nothing can be done about it, but that's a total lie. It can always be remade, and sometimes business have to take a loss if they're at fault. They're just reluctant to make less money.

Look at Todd's response and you'll see it's a total recapitulation of the reply Igor received from Grado. If you don't like it, then you don't have to buy it. Reminds me of a street merchant in Chinatown, "You no like, you no buy. You go!" They prize themselves on sound but not much else. Their vow to quality control, customer service and making customers happy is a total sham.

How did that email go again? ...we pride ourselves on sound. If you don't like it, you don't have to buy it. There's always the 30 money back guarantee.

Jul 10, 2009 at 5:25 PM Post #2,775 of 2,859
Kai will always find something to say on any subject, whether he has a reason to or not. That's how he maintains his postcount. If he limited his posts to places he can contribute, he wouldn't have made supremus yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back