The Grado HF2--It's For Real
Jul 10, 2009 at 5:27 PM Post #2,776 of 2,859
Unlike other headphones, the margins on the HF2 don't support completely redoing the entire product line. The 30 day return guarantee is there so that anyone who doesn't like what they get can at least have their money back. Given that orders came in faster after the final word on the subject than they had before, I think that's a reasonable call for grado. These are what they are, and if they're not for you, that's ok. They apparently ARE for a lot of people.

Quote:

Originally Posted by UGA2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is from Grado's website: "We also understand the need to offer superior quality control and customer service, and each day we strive to continue to keep our customers satisfied."

Superior quality control? negative
Quality customer service? nope
Strive to keep customers satisfied? Nah. They're making no efforts at all.

Todd and John Grado may not have known about the error before shipping out the merchandise, but they know about it now. What are they going to do about it? Nothing. That's completely evident. They're going to send the product as is, error and all. They'll make no attempts whatsoever to make the customers happy. They claim that nothing can be done about it, but that's a total lie. It can always be remade, and sometimes business have to take a loss if they're at fault. They're just reluctant to make less money.

Look at Todd's response and you'll see it's a total recapitulation of the reply Igor received from Grado. If you don't like it, then you don't have to buy it. Reminds me of a street merchant in Chinatown, "You no like, you no buy. You go!" They prize themselves on sound but not much else. Their vow to quality control, customer service and making customers happy is a total sham.

How did that email go again? ...we pride ourselves on sound. If you don't like it, you don't have to buy it. There's always the 30 money back guarantee.

Jul 10, 2009 at 5:28 PM Post #2,777 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I know that Todd have said the "F1" are here to stay, but that does not say that I will move on...
rolleyes.gif

You will move on with this product, but what will not change is Grado's business principle. They don't care whether you're completely happy with your purchase. They provide an excellent product, and if you don't like it then you don't have to buy. As of now, this applies to all products they make in the future.

Jul 10, 2009 at 5:34 PM Post #2,778 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Unlike other headphones, the margins on the HF2 don't support completely redoing the entire product line. The 30 day return guarantee is there so that anyone who doesn't like what they get can at least have their money back. Given that orders came in faster after the final word on the subject than they had before, I think that's a reasonable call for grado. These are what they are, and if they're not for you, that's ok. They apparently ARE for a lot of people.

Remaking the shells isn't remaking the entire product.

I know what the return guarantee is for, but Grado's using it for another purpose.

Customers don't really have a choice in how the merchandise is made. They're already voicing what they want (rather loudly at that), and the company is choosing to ignore it. They're forced to settle. What remains are the customers who are willing to settle, not necessarily customers who are fully happy.

Jul 10, 2009 at 5:34 PM Post #2,779 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Kai will always find something to say on any subject, whether he has a reason to or not.

Without discussions (everyone agree 100%) most forums, including this one, would have been a sad place..
popcorn.gif

Quote:

That's how he maintains his postcount. If he limited his posts to places he can contribute, he wouldn't have made supremus yet.

I challenge you to prove that!
wink.gif

Just like your post (quoted above) contributed much to the community.

----------------

Edit:
Anyway, I will try to accept it and move on (probably never forget though).

Jul 10, 2009 at 5:40 PM Post #2,780 of 2,859
Quote:

...Customers don't really have a choice in how the merchandise is made. They're already voicing what they want (rather loudly at that), and the company is choosing to ignore it. They're forced to settle. What remains are the customers who are willing to settle, not necessarily customers who are fully happy.

maybe you should do something about your concerns... start a petition and
get the signature of all the buyers and potential buyers and send it in the todd
or grados, or both. from what you're claiming, "they're" out there just
waiting for a leader to start this movement...

Jul 10, 2009 at 5:43 PM Post #2,781 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by takezo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
get the signature of all the buyers and potential buyers and send it in the todd

If it is that big a deal why not try and find a CNC machining company to make replacement cups? Then you can get them to say whatever you want
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 10, 2009 at 5:43 PM Post #2,782 of 2,859
Nice double post, UGA2010. 2 more and you can qualify for buying an HF2 and then bitch about it some more.

Most customers are perfectly fine with a little typo on a limited production run that was not intended to be as profitable as Grado's regular line. The typo was noted with plenty of time for people to cancel their orders and take their business elsewhere. If Grado can't provide what you want, take your money elsewhere.

I don't see what the gorram problem is. You guys are awfully entitled, aren't you?

Jul 10, 2009 at 5:45 PM Post #2,783 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by takezo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There are higher callings in life. I'm going to do what unsatisfied customers do in this situation. Never buy from this company ever again. A company's success depends on the satisfaction of its customers. Grado's an amateur business. They have things to change before they reach the heights of its corporate-level competition.

Jul 10, 2009 at 5:48 PM Post #2,784 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by parhelictriangle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice double post, UGA2010. 2 more and you can qualify for buying an HF2 and then bitch about it some more.

Most customers are perfectly fine with a little typo on a limited production run that was not intended to be as profitable as Grado's regular line. The typo was noted with plenty of time for people to cancel their orders and take their business elsewhere. If Grado can't provide what you want, take your money elsewhere.

I don't see what the gorram problem is. You guys are awfully entitled, aren't you?

Learn to read and you'll see it's not about a typo. It's about a company's commitment to customer satisfaction.

Anything else to say? I now qualify for the HF2 because of you.

Jul 10, 2009 at 5:50 PM Post #2,785 of 2,859
Quote:

There are higher callings in life. I'm going to do what unsatisfied customers do in this situation. Never buy from this company ever again. A company's success depends on the satisfaction of its customers. Grado's an amateur business. They have things to change before they reach the heights of its corporate-level competition.

Tucked next to a dilapidated green house in downtown raleigh is the Roast Grill. The sign outside says HOT WEINERS, and they sell hot dogs.

If you enter The Roast Grill and ask for ketchup, the owner, his mother, and all the customers will laugh at you. Loudly.

The Roast Grill has been in business for decades, and has no shortage of return clientele.

Jul 10, 2009 at 5:51 PM Post #2,786 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by ph0rk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If it is that big a deal why not try and find a CNC machining company to make replacement cups? Then you can get them to say whatever you want
smily_headphones1.gif

Even easier, sand them down .25-.5mm or so, Re-anodize, and reburn the etching. Hmmmm, makes you wonder why Grado didn't do that...

Jul 10, 2009 at 5:52 PM Post #2,787 of 2,859
Quote:

perhaps there are... but you sure seem have the drive to be the torch bearer for this movement...

Jul 10, 2009 at 5:56 PM Post #2,788 of 2,859
Quote:

Tucked next to a dilapidated green house in downtown raleigh is the Roast Grill. The sign outside says HOT WEINERS, and they sell hot dogs.

If you enter The Roast Grill and ask for ketchup, the owner, his mother, and all the customers will laugh at you. Loudly.

The Roast Grill has been in business for decades, and has no shortage of return clientele.

Now imagine how many more customers they could have if they kept all their customers happy. How many more restaurants they can open up. All the possible locations they can open them in. Laugh at customers in certain locales, and the business will die.

Jul 10, 2009 at 5:56 PM Post #2,789 of 2,859
Trust me, pal, I can read quite well. You may want to learn how to multi-quote, though.

Grado is offering a limited edition product. The vast majority of people who ordered said product are perfectly satisfied with a I-1 transposition. If you are not, the best way to voice your satisfaction is to refuse to give Grado money.

If Grado delivers my HF2s with obvious cosmetic defects that I can't live with, you better believe that I will be asking them to fix it. If Grado's little typographic errors existed on their regular, high-profit production run, I guarantee you they would fix it. But as of right now, they are delivering a niche, less profitable product that is being delivered with an acknowledged error. It's up to each individual to consider whether they think they can still value the product at $430. If they can, they buy. If not, Grado doesn't see a red cent, and this thing fades into headphone history.

Jul 10, 2009 at 5:57 PM Post #2,790 of 2,859
Quote:

Yeah, but I'm not eating the one's they drop on the floor and decide they're too expensive to throw away. The Grado equivalent would be, they drop them on the floor and don't even wipe them off. You don't like it, MOVE ON!

NO DOG FOR YOU!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back