The Grado HF2--It's For Real
Jun 12, 2009 at 6:09 PM Post #1,651 of 2,859
Does anyone who has already received their HF-2s also own the newer 325is? I would be interested to see if the back of the driver looks identical, or if there are any differences.

Thanks.

Jun 12, 2009 at 6:10 PM Post #1,652 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by silverrain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The latest HF2 is taking a while longer, because the latest shipment still hasn't arrived from China yet.
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif

Yea, they're having the guys in China do final touch up on the lettering with the silver sharpie.
biggrin.gif

Jun 12, 2009 at 6:21 PM Post #1,653 of 2,859
It's unfortunate that Kelvinz let the cat out of the bag with..... "Yep I heard that the models with the worst lettering have the nicest drivers and vice versa the models with the best lettering have the worst drivers." Shh! Say nothing else. That's why my HP-2 have no printing on them.

Jun 12, 2009 at 6:31 PM Post #1,654 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by geremy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone who has already received their HF-2s also own the newer 325is? I would be interested to see if the back of the driver looks identical, or if there are any differences.

Thanks.

I'll be in this boat once I get my HF-2's and would be happy to look for you. However, I believe the drivers in my GS1Ki's look identical from the back to the PS1K...I think looks might be a bit deceiving.

Jun 12, 2009 at 10:50 PM Post #1,655 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...I stand by my previous advice, put a sock in it.

You guys are coming out with mods for these Grados already?

Is this similar to the "quarter/sock" with '68 GTO grills?

Jun 13, 2009 at 4:52 AM Post #1,658 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by iponderous /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What is the soundstage of the HF2 like compared to other Grados in the Prestige and Reference series?

They seem to perform well based on Boomana's impressions and the HF-2 Comparison thread...
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/gra...ml#post5755258

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/gra...thread-426905/

Like everyone(aside from the first 20-25 owners), I'm really looking forward to enjoying the HF-2 instead of reading about them. I honestly couldn't care less about the "limited edition" stuff and/or their perceived future value. I really don't ever plan on selling mine unless I need funds for an organ transplant or something crazy like that. I like their unique construction and I'm very curious about their unique sound sig. These seem to be cans I could enjoy for the rest of my life...the touch of "warmth" reported just adds more intrigue. I'm glad they'll be shipping en masse in the very near future...

Jun 13, 2009 at 6:09 AM Post #1,659 of 2,859
Me too LaidBack! Can't wait til they arrive and will build other new gear around them and either Pro900 or D5000.

The question of quality is legitimate. If the first 20-25 John Grado sent to Todd were initial that means that he very well could have watched each built or done it himself and checked every one for sound. Now that the ones coming will be a batch of around 200+ it is possible that he won't subject them to the very same critique and when they arrive some might have had drivers with bad sauldering etc. Like my HF-1 where 1 half of the Y cord is long than the other, etc.

Just all this time of waiting leads some to worry about details that would have been ignored with a quicker turn around time. Longer wait = more expectation of perfection.

Regardless, here's to hoping John builds every HF-2 himself! For perfect sexhawtness by his MAGIC EARS
biggrin.gif

popcorn.gif

Jun 13, 2009 at 6:34 AM Post #1,660 of 2,859
Wife is going to kill me on this purchase. Sadly, my beloved SR225i will need to find a new and loving home to offset the HF-2 cost - the torture, the addiction, the insanity.

Jun 13, 2009 at 12:31 PM Post #1,662 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by alphaphoenix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wife is going to kill me on this purchase. Sadly, my beloved SR225i will need to find a new and loving home to offset the HF-2 cost - the torture, the addiction, the insanity.

welcome to head-fi, sorry about your mental health!
biggrin.gif

Jun 13, 2009 at 12:39 PM Post #1,663 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by indydieselnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll be in this boat once I get my HF-2's and would be happy to look for you. However, I believe the drivers in my GS1Ki's look identical from the back to the PS1K...I think looks might be a bit deceiving.

I thought they looked different, with the step in the middle being more curved on the PS1K? That's just from memory though...

Jun 13, 2009 at 4:33 PM Post #1,664 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by cheemo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was wondering if John Grado signed and numbered the pizza boxes just like he did for the HF1's?

I hear that they are counterfit signatures. Somebody by the name of Les_Garten has been secretly hired to do all the signings.

Jun 13, 2009 at 4:40 PM Post #1,665 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by Luckyleo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hear that they are counterfit signatures. Somebody by the name of Les_Garten has been secretly hired to do all the signings.

I don't think anything will be counterfeit, it will all be genuine Grado...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back