The Grado HF2--It's For Real
Jun 12, 2009 at 10:28 AM Post #1,636 of 2,859
The latest HF2 is taking a while longer, because the latest shipment still hasn't arrived from China yet.
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif

Jun 12, 2009 at 12:08 PM Post #1,637 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by les_garten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about Tripod, F16 aperture, No Flash, Slow shudder speed, natural light?

Flash is like Crack

Well, it happened to be after dark when I took those so the natural light option was, uhhh, not an option. We've also had rain for 5 days and I'm not exactly keen on putting them out in the rain. So all that said, I stand by my previous advice, put a sock in it.

Jun 12, 2009 at 1:40 PM Post #1,638 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by les_garten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about Tripod, F16 aperture, No Flash, Slow shudder speed, natural light?

I am a former professional photographer, and I'm a big fan of using natural light, supplemented by diffusers and bouncers. So I actually agree with les_garten on this. (Egad!)

Jun 12, 2009 at 1:52 PM Post #1,639 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bostonears /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am a former professional photographer, and I'm a big fan of using natural light, supplemented by diffusers and bouncers. So I actually agree with les_garten on this. (Egad!)

right, a former professional photographer
tongue.gif

Jun 12, 2009 at 2:02 PM Post #1,640 of 2,859
I'm amazed no one has gotten into the wit of some Les' posts.
He makes note of using a slow SHUDDER speed............it has to be intentional for his use of that word, instead of SHUTTER speed. Doing a slow shudder is an art
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 12, 2009 at 2:12 PM Post #1,641 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by raffy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is there any way to tell if my pair has the SR-80 drivers?

I must have missed something, as I've periodically hit this thread and haven't read each 'n every page. Apologize for the laziness.

What!?!?!

Are the HF-2's made with leftover drivers, all different?

Jun 12, 2009 at 2:34 PM Post #1,643 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bostonears /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You can't help but use natural light as part of the process. It's just when Nate was taking his pictures, the quantity of available light was severely restricted, so it was predominantly bounced flash
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 12, 2009 at 4:19 PM Post #1,644 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioDwebe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I must have missed something, as I've periodically hit this thread and haven't read each 'n every page. Apologize for the laziness.

What!?!?!

Are the HF-2's made with leftover drivers, all different?

Yep I heard that the models with the worst lettering have the nicest drivers and vice versa the models with the best lettering have the worst drivers.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 12, 2009 at 5:35 PM Post #1,648 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by El_Doug /img/forum/go_quote.gif
because you werent one of the 20 or so people who made their preorder on May 15th, and subsequently attended Cam Jam where they were handed out :p

ah, good point. i guess it would've been helpful if i attended Can Jam. i'll go back into waiting mode then.
rs1smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back