The Grado HF2--It's For Real
Jun 14, 2009 at 3:52 AM Post #1,681 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfen68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Browncoats get frustrated when they don't get their Grados......

Ching-wao tsao duh liou mahng!

Jun 14, 2009 at 4:43 AM Post #1,683 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by K3cT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So I had some time to properly audition an ESW9 yesterday and it was quite good. Very nice chocolate-y sound with beautiful midrange and non-fatiguing clarity. Comfort was a bit of a let-down though because its supra-aural nature, as the pad just sits on my ears rather than enveloping it like the Denon D2000. If I were not purchasing the HF2, I would have bought them on spot.

My question, how does the ESW9 compare with the HF2 for those who have heard both? I think the ESW9 would be the direction I take for portable listening.

i'm waiting on my hf2, as well...but i do like my esw9 and don't think they will compete with the hf2. the hf2 isn't a portable headphone by any means (1/4" plug, open, heavy)...we'll see how the two compare in a couple of weeks, hopefully
wink.gif

Jun 14, 2009 at 9:49 AM Post #1,684 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like both the ESW9 and the HF2. They're my 2 "go to" dynamics right now (esw9 portable, of course). That said, they're not very similar.

Are they complementary to each other?

The ESW9 was pretty ear-opening to be honest with. It almost made me wonder why did I go for the D2000 in the first place which needs extensive modding to sound acceptable.
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by kugino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i'm waiting on my hf2, as well...but i do like my esw9 and don't think they will compete with the hf2. the hf2 isn't a portable headphone by any means (1/4" plug, open, heavy)...we'll see how the two compare in a couple of weeks, hopefully
wink.gif

Indeed. If I were in the market for portable again, the ESW9 would definitely be in my #1 list. The price is just right and the sound is pretty impressive.

Jun 14, 2009 at 10:01 AM Post #1,685 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by baka1969 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Irsu.ranger just ask three more relevant questions, and away you go! You'll be calling Todd in about 10 minutes.
smily_headphones1.gif

All of my posts are irrelevant and I still qualified.

Jun 14, 2009 at 1:12 PM Post #1,686 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by K3cT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are they complementary to each other?

Complementary enough that they're the ones I kept
smily_headphones1.gif
I don't think the ESW9 does anything better musically than the HF2, but it's easier to drive, and closed.

Quote:

The ESW9 was pretty ear-opening to be honest with. It almost made me wonder why did I go for the D2000 in the first place which needs extensive modding to sound acceptable.
tongue.gif

Indeed. If I were in the market for portable again, the ESW9 would definitely be in my #1 list. The price is just right and the sound is pretty impressive.

Indeed, the ESW9 straight out of an ipod sounds good enough that I wouldn't be upset if it was my only setup.

Jun 14, 2009 at 5:51 PM Post #1,688 of 2,859
I talked to Todd a week ago and was told that Todd would get them on the 18th (or Grado was shipping them on the 18th, I can't remember which), and be shipping them soon after. I'm not sure how many he'll get, and how long it will take him to get them out the door, but I know he plans on doing it as fast as he can. This was about a week ago, so things might have been delayed. but I think you should count on lots of people getting them before the end of the month (depending on how long shipping takes)

He also said he would be charging credit cards when he knew they were coming from Grado, so that that would be done when they got to him, and ready to ship.

Jun 14, 2009 at 6:12 PM Post #1,689 of 2,859
Fantastic! Am an so eager to get my pair of HF-2s for the house!

I run my ESW10 from my Ipod and love it. Grawk do you find the ESW9s to have more bass than 10s? Have you heard both?

Jun 14, 2009 at 9:38 PM Post #1,693 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by iponderous /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All of my posts are irrelevant and I still qualified.

[size=xx-small]did you order before me?[/size]
... wait till Todd hears about this
evil_smiley.gif

Jun 14, 2009 at 11:09 PM Post #1,694 of 2,859
My doctor refused to double my Zyban dosage to get me through the HF-2 "delay depression" - obviously he's not a Grado affectionado...
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back