The Grado HF-2 Review/Comparison Thread
Oct 10, 2009 at 12:43 AM Post #1,051 of 1,528
Geez, not again - now you fellas are makin' me think of buying one of those 'for sale' HF-2s as a second and try the balanced route. Between that and my latest venture into Stax territory, its lookin' more and more like a second mortgage will be required - gotta love what has happened to my psyche and my wallet since joining Head-Fi a year ago.
biggrin.gif

Oct 10, 2009 at 1:02 AM Post #1,052 of 1,528
Hmm. I seem to like them on quieter music (such as acoustic stuff) but on other rock and metal it just sounds like a wall of sound that gives me a headache. Am I the only one who feels this way? Maybe Grado's just aren't for me... I remember liking my MS1's.

Oct 10, 2009 at 5:19 AM Post #1,054 of 1,528
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm. I seem to like them on quieter music (such as acoustic stuff) but on other rock and metal it just sounds like a wall of sound that gives me a headache. Am I the only one who feels this way? Maybe Grado's just aren't for me... I remember liking my MS1's.

No, you're not the only one. Grados have always been a love-em don't-love-em thing. Just personal preference.

Oct 10, 2009 at 6:43 PM Post #1,055 of 1,528
Just got HF-2 #253. My intial impressions are that they are better at reproducing vocals and no treble sparkles as the GS1000. The GS1000 on the other hand has more accurate bass and are more refined. Both headphones are very similar sounding and lack most of the coloration as other grado headphones.

Oct 10, 2009 at 7:20 PM Post #1,058 of 1,528
Quote:

Originally Posted by 03029174 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How come there are so many of these going up for sale?

I think they were the 1st grado for a lot of people and I dont think grado's will suit everyone.
tongue.gif

Oct 10, 2009 at 9:29 PM Post #1,059 of 1,528
what an ******* todd is..
i got my hf2 stolen (i never got the tracking number so i didn't know it was there, later on that day only thing left under my apartment entrance was empty box..)
and i tell him that my hf2 is stolen..
then i get the email saying it's not his responsibility after the shipment is made...
then i tell him don't say none of this is your fault when in fact you said you would email me tracking number when it's shipped out...
then i get the shipping notice email(this is a freaking joke..)
then i tell him i want to know what number my hf2...then i would know if someone try to sell my hf2..
no response......no update.....he told me he would talk to usps... but no response or update..
this has been the best customer service i have ever experienced...
3 month waiting and delaying and nothing...
well this was my hf2 impression.

Oct 10, 2009 at 10:04 PM Post #1,062 of 1,528
Quote:

Originally Posted by charliex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Geez, not again - now you fellas are makin' me think of buying one of those 'for sale' HF-2s as a second and try the balanced route. Between that and my latest venture into Stax territory, its lookin' more and more like a second mortgage will be required - gotta love what has happened to my psyche and my wallet since joining Head-Fi a year ago.
biggrin.gif

Do it, you know you want to...
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 10, 2009 at 10:18 PM Post #1,063 of 1,528
Quote:

Originally Posted by busanblues /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i got my hf2 stolen (i never got the tracking number so i didn't know it was there, later on that day only thing left under my apartment entrance was empty box..)
and i tell him that my hf2 is stolen..
then i get the email saying it's not his responsibility after the shipment is made...
then i tell him don't say none of this is your fault when in fact you said you would email me tracking number when it's shipped out...
then i get the shipping notice email(this is a freaking joke..)
then i tell him i want to know what number my hf2...then i would know if someone try to sell my hf2..
no response......no update.....he told me he would talk to usps... but no response or update..
this has been the best customer service i have ever experienced...
3 month waiting and delaying and nothing...
well this was my hf2 impression.

Sorry to hear about your loss... I use to live in a small apartment and the same happen to me, the delivery guy just left the package at my door and it was gone. Lucky for me the seller was nice enough to send the replacement, when the replacement came same thing happen. They just left it at the door again. They didnt even knock the door, lucky i was home at the time.

So after that i got myself a Post Office Box, never had a loss package after that. And always buy insurance just in case.....

Oct 10, 2009 at 11:14 PM Post #1,064 of 1,528
Quote:

Have you notified USPS?

Oct 11, 2009 at 12:38 AM Post #1,065 of 1,528
Quote:

wow.. what's you ****ing problem.. so it's ok for him to sending me an email and tell me that he would send me a tracking number when the thing gets shipped out and never write me an email before thing gets stolen...??? that's not his responsibility???
if I knew i would check for the box on my way out not on my way back... I was kind of nice about it because there is no guarantee that thing get stolen after i left my apt it could have happened before so wouldn't make any difference..
and one things for sure that if i knew it was coming on that day i would never walked out...
and to make things worse he's sending me that shipping notice email after i tell him that thing got stolen...
so don't tell me he has nothing to do with it...

looks like you are my ****ing problem. Did you ever think to get a post office box and insurance? You're the ***** who chose to live in a such a god forsaken hole and didn't take the precautions to protect your interests.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back