The Grado HF-2 Review/Comparison Thread
Sep 21, 2009 at 11:15 PM Post #932 of 1,528
The shorter cable is a big mistake.

It serves absolutely no purpose other than to remind me of the pain my wife caused me, and the short fuse that she had.
evil_smiley.gif

Sep 22, 2009 at 12:28 AM Post #933 of 1,528
Quote:

Originally Posted by Canman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like the HF2 more than the RS1. I just think the short cable is useless! These headphones are a good candidate for recabling to make them more convenient to use.

Why not move your chair?

Sep 22, 2009 at 2:04 AM Post #934 of 1,528
Because he is #2! If he moves his seat over and becomes #!, he could get burned very badly!...

dr.evil.laser.jpg

Sep 22, 2009 at 2:31 AM Post #935 of 1,528
exactly

Sep 22, 2009 at 8:30 AM Post #939 of 1,528
Quote:

Originally Posted by rasmushorn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would consider selling my HF2's for 1200 USD or more...
tongue.gif

Sorry buddy but they're only worth that much if they have the jumbos on them like the pics below
tongue.gif

picture001la.jpg

picture002le.jpg

I believed jude on his first post about the HF2 quote Todd Green has described the HF-2 as a sort of "baby PS-1000."
biggrin.gif

Sep 22, 2009 at 8:44 AM Post #940 of 1,528
Quote:

Originally Posted by cafe zeenuts /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry buddy but they're only worth that much if they have the jumbos on them like the pics below
tongue.gif

I believed jude on his first post about the HF2 quote Todd Green has described the HF-2 as a sort of "baby PS-1000."
biggrin.gif

LOL - but they DO come with the jumbos
wink_face.gif

I also remember them being described as the baby PS-1000's. I am looking forward to give the PS-1000's an audition and comparison to my own HF-2 at the next Danish Head-fi meet next week. Then we shall see if they can compete to the PS-1000 in any way.

Sep 22, 2009 at 8:47 AM Post #941 of 1,528
Quote:

Originally Posted by cafe zeenuts /img/forum/go_quote.gif
tongue.gif

picture001la.jpg

picture002le.jpg

biggrin.gif

I had the opportunity to try the HF2 with the bagel and I can safely say that I prefer the stock pad. The bagel presents a more airy and balanced sound, provides increased soundstage but at the same time introduces sibilance and makes vocals sound more distant. Overall it makes the HF2 less intimate and more accurate. All personal preferences of course.
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by woof37 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The D7000 fleshes out what the Grados can't. I hear some upper mid compression in the HF-2s as well.

I would like to hear more about this. How does the midrange and treble of the HF2 compare to the D7000? Does D7000 still present a slight sibilance as present in its little brothers

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would take an HF-2 over a stock D7000, but my LA7000 kills the HF-2 which get little use since I got the LA7000.

The LA7000 is indeed very tempting but at that price, somehow the JH13 seems more appealing to me since it can double for portable use too.
tongue.gif

Sep 22, 2009 at 8:50 AM Post #942 of 1,528
Quote:

Originally Posted by rasmushorn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL - but they DO come with the jumbos
wink_face.gif

I also remember them being described as the baby PS-1000's. I am looking forward to give the PS-1000's an audition and comparison to my own HF-2 at the next Danish Head-fi meet next week. Then we shall see if they can compete to the PS-1000 in any way.

Hey make sure you compare them with jumbos on both so its a more legit comparison...
beerchug.gif

Sep 22, 2009 at 8:56 AM Post #943 of 1,528
Quote:

Originally Posted by K3cT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had the opportunity to try the HF2 with the bagel and I can safely say that I prefer the stock pad. The bagel presents a more airy and balanced sound, provides increased soundstage but at the same time introduces sibilance and makes vocals sound more distant. Overall it makes the HF2 less intimate and more accurate. All personal preferences of course.
smily_headphones1.gif

Yeah thats how i would describe the HF2 with Jumbos. I use tube amp to tame the slight sibilance, i quite enjoy the sounds from them more so than the balanced HD650 with APS V3 cable from the same amp different tubes of course...

But like you have said "All personal preferences of course."

Sep 22, 2009 at 6:07 PM Post #945 of 1,528
Stock D7k are not sibilant at all in my case even out of my yamaha reciever. they are worlds more comfortable. bass can be heard easer down low on denons with good recordings but are less agressive I guess. I dunno one is open one is closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back