The German Maestro GMP 8.35 D Monitor in the studio... serious about audio, INDEED!!
Feb 29, 2012 at 3:59 PM Post #391 of 1,132

Quote:
If anyone here could be so kind to make a video showing the sturdiness of the headphones that would be greatly appreciated
smile.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VKaQ66Ej0U

Mar 3, 2012 at 10:37 AM Post #395 of 1,132
Currently I'm listening with the Beyerdynamics genuine leather ear pads and the German Maestro velour dust protection on my 8.35D. A good combination IMHO.
I also have the oval soft foil ear pads here (41-6050). I think together with the velour dust protection they are better than the original ear pads, too.

Mar 3, 2012 at 11:22 AM Post #396 of 1,132

Quote:
Currently I'm listening with the Beyerdynamics genuine leather ear pads and the German Maestro velour dust protection on my 8.35D. A good combination IMHO.
I also have the oval soft foil ear pads here (41-6050). I think together with the velour dust protection they are better than the original ear pads, too.

Cool man...can you elaborate a bit more on the differences?

Mar 6, 2012 at 5:35 PM Post #397 of 1,132
I don't have the original pads here at the moment, so I cannot give details. But when changing the pads my impressions was that both (the Beyer leather pads and the oval 41-6050 pads) remove a bit of the bass, which IMHO makes the phones more balanced. There is a bit more room for vocals then.
The velour dust protection is the same as the sewed in of the original pads. It's needed to attenuate the highs. Without them there is to much sibliance for my taste.

Jul 3, 2012 at 5:59 AM Post #398 of 1,132
Quote:
I don't have the original pads here at the moment, so I cannot give details. But when changing the pads my impressions was that both (the Beyer leather pads and the oval 41-6050 pads) remove a bit of the bass, which IMHO makes the phones more balanced. There is a bit more room for vocals then.
The velour dust protection is the same as the sewed in of the original pads. It's needed to attenuate the highs. Without them there is to much sibliance for my taste.

You can add some fabric under dust protection to control the amount of the sibilance.

Jul 13, 2012 at 2:23 PM Post #399 of 1,132
Hi there,

I was wondering if someone could compare the German Maestro 8.35 and the Audio-Technica ATH-M50 for me, or at least offer their experience of the two? Both sets are marketed as professional monitoring cans and both weigh in at around the same price so I'm amazed I've not been able to find any comparative reviews. I'm looking for a mid-price monitoring headphone with clear and un-coloured sound. I produce mostly bass intensive electronic music, so something with a frequency response slightly favouring the low-end would be ideal. I've narrowed my choices down to the Audio-Technica ATH-M50 or the German Maestro 8.35 but I'm struggling to decide between the two. I have a lot of faith in Audio-Technica, having owned a pair of ATH-PRO5's for a good few years for DJing - so I have no doubt that the ATH-M50's will be absolutely outstanding pieces of kit... but something about the German Maestros is tickling my curiosity. If anyone has any experience of both these headphones, I'd LOVE to hear your opinion of them so I can try and make some sort of decision. (For the record, looks and/or style are completely irrelevant factors for myself, being a studio dweller with no self respect 
gs1000.gif
 )

Thanks in advance!

Sam.

Jul 23, 2012 at 7:19 AM Post #400 of 1,132
Quote:
Hi there,

I was wondering if someone could compare the German Maestro 8.35 and the Audio-Technica ATH-M50 for me, or at least offer their experience of the two? Both sets are marketed as professional monitoring cans and both weigh in at around the same price so I'm amazed I've not been able to find any comparative reviews. I'm looking for a mid-price monitoring headphone with clear and un-coloured sound. I produce mostly bass intensive electronic music, so something with a frequency response slightly favouring the low-end would be ideal. I've narrowed my choices down to the Audio-Technica ATH-M50 or the German Maestro 8.35 but I'm struggling to decide between the two. I have a lot of faith in Audio-Technica, having owned a pair of ATH-PRO5's for a good few years for DJing - so I have no doubt that the ATH-M50's will be absolutely outstanding pieces of kit... but something about the German Maestros is tickling my curiosity. If anyone has any experience of both these headphones, I'd LOVE to hear your opinion of them so I can try and make some sort of decision. (For the record, looks and/or style are completely irrelevant factors for myself, being a studio dweller with no self respect 
gs1000.gif
 )

Thanks in advance!

Sam.

Hey Sam,

The 8.35 are less colored sound compare to the M-50 and they sound more balanced in the bass and the treble area. the best for you will be to try them out before you buy.

Jul 31, 2012 at 2:23 AM Post #401 of 1,132
Hi, I want to buy a headphone to listen Pop Rock/ Rock/ Eletronic/ MPB/ FPS Games/ Films. And I saw this topic, and I want to know who is better: Shure SHR 840/ Shure SHR 940/ Shure SHR 1440/ German Maestro GMP 8.35/ AKG K702?

Aug 5, 2012 at 7:18 AM Post #402 of 1,132
Hello,
I am strongly considering purchasing GMP 8.35 D Monitor as I need some closed headphones for music production and early stages of mixing.  How does it compare to Beyerdynamic DT-770?  Which one would you say has better isolation?  I will probably be using them in conjunction with an ibasso D10 for music production with a laptop on the go (and sometimes direct from macbook pro headphone out), but also with high quality DAC amp combo (DACS Clarity Headmaster) at home studio.  I currently use Beyer DT-880 but need some closed headphones to shut out as much background noise as possible.

Aug 5, 2012 at 10:04 AM Post #403 of 1,132
Quote:
Hello,
I am strongly considering purchasing GMP 8.35 D Monitor as I need some closed headphones for music production and early stages of mixing.  How does it compare to Beyerdynamic DT-770?  Which one would you say has better isolation?  I will probably be using them in conjunction with an ibasso D10 for music production with a laptop on the go (and sometimes direct from macbook pro headphone out), but also with high quality DAC amp combo (DACS Clarity Headmaster) at home studio.  I currently use Beyer DT-880 but need some closed headphones to shut out as much background noise as possible.

I think the 8.35 have a better isolation, and they're a bit more balanced compare to the 770. The DT's have a boost in the bass and roll-off treble.

Aug 16, 2012 at 5:58 PM Post #405 of 1,132
Thank you Acix for all your information regarding the gmp 8.35D.
After reading your review and a couple other reviews (there aren't many) I decided to buy the GMP 8.35D, to replace my sennheiser HD25-1 II.
I found the HD25-1 not really suited as a headphone outside DJ applications and such, it goes loud, the bass is tight has pretty good detail but the sound is pretty hars (sibilance! and way too forward mids) and there is no soundstage whatsoever.

The HD25-1 II only works for really laid back, and warm music IMO, for instance hars metal and rock will sound way too forward and hars. Not sure what all the praise is about.

I'm pretty sure the GMP 8.35D will sound much better, but I'm still a bit concerned about sibilance, is the sibilance less than the HD25-1 II?
Compared to the DT770 pro 80 ohm the HD25-1 II is still on the smooth side, but that little bit of sibilance is still a deal breaker for me.

Anyway I will hear for myself in the next couple of days!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back