The German Maestro GMP 8.35 D Monitor in the studio... serious about audio, INDEED!!
Jan 13, 2012 at 1:50 PM Post #376 of 1,132

hye there ... im new user here .. 
i got ath pro5mk2 .. and wanna do an upgrade .. to m50 .. till i found your thread here .. my music genre (DnB , dubstep , trance , electro ) dont get me wrong about what music that i listen(present trend) .. actually my interest to have headphone that can perform near perfectly balance in every concept ... not over powered bass .. or what so ever .. and i believe thats the purpose of monitoring headphone were made .. 
after reading your entire thread .. i feel like wanna try this german audio headphone 
can you give me short comparison m50 and 8.35D ... which one is better in overall score 
sadly there's only one retailer for german maestro headphone in my country .. they wont let me to try it .. 
sry for my bad english .. hope you can help me with this ... thx in advance

Jan 26, 2012 at 6:43 PM Post #379 of 1,132
I've received the Beyerdynamic DT770 genuine leather pads for my German Maestros, but they aren't the best fit: https://plus.google.com/118078439912946587810/posts/NdTEbVngp1m

I think the diameter of the phones should be 1 mm less to pull them further down.

Jan 28, 2012 at 5:12 AM Post #380 of 1,132
IMHO the DT770 genuine leather pads make the highs on the GMP 8.35D to prominent/harsh.

PS: the DT770 genuine leather pads come with a thin foam dust protection, while the GMP 8.35D pleather pads have a velour coated foam dust protection sewed in. I wonder if this velour coating would make the highs a bit less prominent on the DT770 pads. Such dust protections are available at the German Maestro online store.

Jan 28, 2012 at 7:53 AM Post #381 of 1,132

Quote:
IMHO the DT770 genuine leather pads make the highs on the GMP 8.35D to prominent/harsh.

PS: the DT770 genuine leather pads come with a thin foam dust protection, while the GMP 8.35D pleather pads have a velour coated foam dust protection sewed in. I wonder if this velour coating would make the highs a bit less prominent on the DT770 pads. Such dust protections are available at the German Maestro online store.

You can experiment at first with a toilet paper square/silk, or other thin fabric as a replacement to the foam dust and see if you'll like the effect.

Feb 4, 2012 at 9:30 PM Post #382 of 1,132
hi, im new to all this audio stuff.

ive always had the headset for 10 euros, but this time i decided i wanted to listen to music properly.

ive ordered the gmp 8.35, shud arrive Monday, but i just realised it says it comes with 6.5 mm jack?

[size=small]Gold-plated 6.35 mm screw-on jack adapter#[/size] ​
 ​
[size=small]do i need to buy a converter?? im gna use it for laptop / ipod use.[/size]​
 ​
[size=small]thanks ![/size]​

Feb 4, 2012 at 9:44 PM Post #383 of 1,132

Quote:
hi, im new to all this audio stuff.

ive always had the headset for 10 euros, but this time i decided i wanted to listen to music properly.

ive ordered the gmp 8.35, shud arrive Monday, but i just realised it says it comes with 6.5 mm jack?

[size=small]Gold-plated 6.35 mm screw-on jack adapter#[/size] ​
 ​
[size=small]do i need to buy a converter?? im gna use it for laptop / ipod use.[/size]​
 ​
[size=small]thanks ![/size]​

Welcome to headfi and congratulations on your new hps.
happy_face1.gif
Just take off the 6.35mm [size=small]jack adapter and use the [/size]mini jack 3.5mm with the ipod/laptop.

Feb 6, 2012 at 7:01 AM Post #386 of 1,132
Just got it.

Ok, music sounds completely different. 

=D =D wow, such a joy.

listening to my kent albums, wow. I did not know those instruments were playing in the background !! 

they fit well, block most sound out. not the prettiest, or portable headphones, but I'm only gna use them at home and library.

using regular headphone equaliser setting in winamp to play my tracks. any good programs to get the most out of your tracks?

glad i stumbled on this review !! ill post again in a week on how i feel about them.

Feb 18, 2012 at 9:26 PM Post #387 of 1,132
The first time I heard them was in my local music shop. At that time I did not care much about headphone. Now I want one. Does anyone know how do they compare to akg k550? I had that in my mind till I saw this thread and remembered how great this headphones sound.

Feb 29, 2012 at 12:39 AM Post #390 of 1,132
^Thanks

So i think i've goole every bit of info on these phones and read all 26 pages of this thread which isn't much but enough to make an informed decision.The only thing i couldn't find was a video review or unboxing which shows the headphones.

If anyone here could be so kind to make a video showing the sturdiness of the headphones that would be greatly appreciated
smile.gif

Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back