The FreQ Custom IEMs - Impressions Thread (Updates on First Page!)
Jun 12, 2008 at 4:44 AM Post #2,386 of 3,960
I emailed Todd yesterday about them receiving my Freq Show for re-fit on Tuesday last week (7 days earlier), asking for an ETA. That same day I got a prompt reply with a reasonable excuse. I actually don't want to rush them and have it turn out wrong again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by email from Todd Boring
Larry,

You are correct. Unfortunately we have had 3 of our techs out of the office last week, due to a number of reasons and have put us a few days off schedule. I apologize the delay. I did speak with my production manager and we should be back on track by the end of this week. Your set will definitely ship before the end of the week.

I will give you more details as I get them.

Todd

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict
Todd,

FedEx says you got my Freq Show last Tuesday (sent 2nd day the previous Friday).

Can I please have an update on them work to fix fit and sound?

Thanks,

Larry

Jun 12, 2008 at 7:35 AM Post #2,387 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Germania=- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hate to say this guys...but the other custom manufacturers are prone to much more than this when it comes to delays.

Seriously, just ask over in the UE threads or worse yet, the Livewires.

If you let yourself get so very irritated over nuance, you need to check yourself for what is important.

Reality Check.

I'm though.

Having a little china syndrome are we? Don't say I didn't warn you!!!!

Before you make a statement like that about Livewires you'd better check your facts.

Livewires are solidly built customs. Not prone to falling apart. The sound quality is second to none. Their service is exemplary.

I thoroughly recommend Livewires for anyone looking for audiophile quality customs.

Jun 12, 2008 at 10:40 AM Post #2,388 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kosmic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Having a little china syndrome are we? Don't say I didn't warn you!!!!

Before you make a statement like that about Livewires you'd better check your facts.

Livewires are solidly built customs. Not prone to falling apart. The sound quality is second to none. Their service is exemplary.

I thoroughly recommend Livewires for anyone looking for audiophile quality customs.

I believe the point of contention was the delay in receiving livewires from the point of sending the ear impressions out, and not the build quality nor sound quality.

Jun 12, 2008 at 11:06 AM Post #2,389 of 3,960
is it only the tour de freq and freq shows that have detachable cables?, whats the difference between between the super freqs and the freq show? they are both triple drivers, i admit the freqshow's look better, but i just cannot afford more than 250...

Jun 12, 2008 at 1:53 PM Post #2,391 of 3,960
so what are the sound signatures of either crossover like? in comparison?

Jun 12, 2008 at 1:55 PM Post #2,392 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by direcow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I believe the point of contention was the delay in receiving livewires from the point of sending the ear impressions out, and not the build quality nor sound quality.

Sure, but not only was I correcting the facts, I was adding more.

If you're going to crap on Livewires expect a response.

Jun 12, 2008 at 2:53 PM Post #2,393 of 3,960
Very sorry to hear about your shipping troubles, Sovkiller.

As a counter-balance to your issues (and not at all to diminish them), I'll post my successful communications and deliveries. Give those considering FreQs another data point.

When I ordered my SuperFreQs, I spoke directly with Todd. I told him I would LIKE to get my SF in time for a work trip, but I didn't want to sacrifice quality to make this crazy-to-me deadline. Basically I had two weeks to get impressions made and sent, the SF to get built (3-5 working days according to Todd) and shipped back.

There was no over-promise by Todd, but I got calls and emails when I expected them and my SF arrived on time. I was VERY impressed and reported so in this thread.

[Note: My SF were ordered and delivered BEFORE the introduction of the new MM line.)

Communications surrounding my first re-fit were equally good. Spoke to Derek (I think). The emails and call I got were on time and representative of good customer service. The re-fit package arrived when promised.

I'm on my left-side re-make right now. Again, my call with Sarah was extremely pleasant, and she offered the re-make for free. I fully expect to get the emails and phone calls I've received in the past. If they don't come, I'll give them a benefit of the doubt, wait a day or two and call to follow up.

===

Of the things I care about, here is how I rank the FreQ:

Customer Service = 10 of 10

Build Quality = 8 of 10 (I drop a few points here based on the few blemishes on my SF; I don't drop points based on fit, which seems to be highly variable in this and the hearing aid world)

Sound = 8 of 10 (I drop a few points based on the heavy mids that require me to EQ, but I realize this may be emphasized because I'm using an iPhone bud cable)

Jun 12, 2008 at 5:15 PM Post #2,394 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kosmic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sure, but not only was I correcting the facts, I was adding more.

If you're going to crap on Livewires expect a response.

Hi Kosmic

Are you saying that the Livewires' delivery times have improved?

I appreciate and respect your input here and the Livewires thread, but since you're interested in clarification, let's be honest here. Livewires has developed a reputation for slow turnaround times. Germania was just trying to compare the FreQs recent problems in this area to those of Livewires to give some perspective. Many of us who chose to purchase FreQs also read the Livewires thread (although I don't think I've ever actually posted on it), and we're aware of the kinds of issues being discussed over there.

Nobody is knocking Livewires. They have a good product as far as I can tell. Personally, I don't care for the connector they use and I wanted triple drivers. Livewires has a longer lead time to manufacture their products then the FreQ. Please note that I'm not making any judgment about this or trying to give any explanations as to the cause, but it is what I see being posted on these forums.

Jun 12, 2008 at 6:37 PM Post #2,395 of 3,960
It seems FreQ is having inconsistencies with their service... I agree with Sovkiller. This isn't your buddy who borrowed $10 saying "I'll pay you back tomorrow." This is a business, and it should operate professionally. If a schedule is slipping, for whatever reason, notify the customer.

And saying "company X is way worse" is not a defense.

Anyway, hopefully they sort these issues out... seems like they have a great product.
icon10.gif

Jun 12, 2008 at 7:11 PM Post #2,396 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by eeerie1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It seems FreQ is having inconsistencies with their service... I agree with Sovkiller. This isn't your buddy who borrowed $10 saying "I'll pay you back tomorrow." This is a business, and it should operate professionally. If a schedule is slipping, for whatever reason, notify the customer.

And saying "company X is way worse" is not a defense.

Anyway, hopefully they sort these issues out... seems like they have a great product.
icon10.gif

This is just a general rant about peoples' rants. Personally, I don't think Sovkiller's delay is a big deal.

The reason custom IEM companies often inconsistent service is that they are dealing with various customer needs and wants. These companies aren't selling a static product. If they were, it would be easy to automate everything, keep everyone's order organized in an easy to use database. Unfortunately, this isn't the case. Everyone's order is different, and keeping track of everything can be difficult.

I'm not saying we should let them off for this, but again, one or two day delay is not much in terms of buying items online. I'm sure everyone has had some item they bought, either from eBay or a major merchant, that has been delayed a day or two. If I were a company, I wouldn't go to great lengths to inform a customer that his order is going to be a day late from the expected date (in this case, Thursday). There are more pressing issues to give attention to than trying to make every customer satisfied with every nuance of the custom IEM process. I'm sure if the delay was more than 4 days, they would inform the customer. Plus, if you wanted expedited service, then pay for it.

I also want to point out that it has been 14 days or less since Sovkiller sent out his impressions, and he is going to receive his FreQs today or tomorrow. What is the complaint again? A day delay?

But then again, many of the people here are going to lock-in at every possible FreQ problem there is.

Jun 12, 2008 at 7:16 PM Post #2,397 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by powertoold /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is just a general rant about peoples' rants. Personally, I don't think Sovkiller's delay is a big deal.

The reason custom IEM companies often inconsistent service is that they are dealing with various customer needs and wants. These companies aren't selling a static product. If they were, it would be easy to automate everything, keep everyone's order organized in an easy to use database. Unfortunately, this isn't the case. Everyone's order is different, and keeping track of everything can be difficult.

I'm not saying we should let them off for this, but again, one or two day delay is not much in terms of buying items online. I'm sure everyone has had some item they bought, either from eBay or a major merchant, that has been delayed a day or two. If I were a company, I wouldn't go to great lengths to inform a customer that his order is going to be a day late from the expected date (in this case, Thursday). There are more pressing issues to give attention to than trying to make every customer satisfied with every nuance of the custom IEM process. I'm sure if the delay was more than 4 days, they would inform the customer. Plus, if you wanted expedited service, then pay for it.

I also want to point out that it has been 14 days or less since Sovkiller sent out his impressions, and he is going to receive his FreQs today or tomorrow. What is the complaint again? A day delay?

But then again, many of the people here are going to lock-in at every possible FreQ problem there is.

I think his point is fulfilling promises. He isn't bothered by the length of time. My understanding of his complaint is that they said they would ship on a certain day, but they didn't. Basically fulfilling promises.

Jun 12, 2008 at 7:23 PM Post #2,398 of 3,960
Quote:

The reason custom IEM companies often inconsistent service is that they are dealing with various customer needs and wants. These companies aren't selling a static product...Everyone's order is different, and keeping track of everything can be difficult.

This logistical problem is not unique to custom IEMs.

Quote:

For the record, I don't have anything at all against FreQ. In fact, I am considering getting a custom IEM (FreQ or Livewire) in the future. And I agree that a day or two delay is technically not a big deal. I am merely pointing out that just because it isn't a big deal does NOT mean it is acceptable (and we're not talking about an isolated incident, but a pattern). My two cents.

Jun 12, 2008 at 7:37 PM Post #2,399 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by eeerie1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
(and we're not talking about an isolated incident, but a pattern). My two cents.

What pattern? Sovkiller's issue is definately a problem at the FreQ. He is right that you should keep your promises. On the other hand, sh!t happens. Haven't we all been in the situation of not being able to fulfill a promise no matter how badly we wanted to?

The only other shipping issue that was the FreQ's fault was sending them to the billing address instead of the shipping address. This was a mistake on their part. I'm going to defend them a little by repeating an old cliche, "good help is hard to find". I know everyone in THIS community is a genius and we don't make mistakes, but IMHO the general population is pretty dumb. I can imagine the type of person that may have "confirmed" that address incorrectly. Maybe they were just new, or maybe they are just stupid :p

Jun 12, 2008 at 8:07 PM Post #2,400 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hayduke /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What pattern?

Quote:

I have had experiences with the FreQs shipping out two days after they say they would. In fact, I posted about it once in this thread. Again, two days isn't like a month or a week.

As you correctly stated in a previous post, this is about keeping promises. Of course nobody is perfect, but a business is held to a higher standard. And again, I am not attacking FreQ, and am impartial in the FreQ vs. LW wars. Hopefully that competition just makes for better products/service for all of us!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back