The FreQ Custom IEMs - Impressions Thread (Updates on First Page!)
May 11, 2008 at 5:27 AM Post #1,636 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by faiz23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hear you man, i appreciate hearing opinions of people on the web before i make a decision and this is a big decision to make, crossover makes or breaks your experience. If it doesn't fit right or sound right than the customer will return it and move on to a different brand.

People please if you feel like you have issues with your current set, or fit maybe to tight, canal length is too long, or no seal in one of the ears, or other fit issues related to getting a good seal. I have been through three IEMS from Freqs and my first set the left canal lenth was too long and hurt, right ear was not long enough and would seal and wobble a little, second set was made new since they changed production and still crap for seal for $200 i was not satisfied. i ended up almost cancel the whole deal and pay 60 extra and go for livewires.

talked to todd and we just shoot the **** and told him i will keep my lady's set, but i would go to livewires, lol being the CEO he was not too happy, but guess what now i own a music makers lineup. We came up with a solution that worked for both and split the cost of the upgrade. I am glad, i am not a fanboy, i look at price to performance, and too me i will stick with freqs, i think next set which my lady will shoot me for is upgrade to a true quad setup similar to UE11, but i am willing to pitch in extra 50-75 for the additional speaker so say 400-425 for a quad music makers DAMN THAT SOUNDS SEXY.

are you saying a true quad iem is going to be available soon?

May 11, 2008 at 5:38 AM Post #1,637 of 3,960
highly doubt that my friend. I think he means he would pay another $50-$75 on top of a triple driver IEM IF there was a quad driver.

They're having a rough time sticking 4 drivers into a small thing. I think thats the holdback. Ultimate Ears with the UE11... they're incredible. People are amazed that Shure can fit 3 drivers into the SE530. now 4 drivers? thats crazy

May 11, 2008 at 5:43 AM Post #1,639 of 3,960
main thing i noticed is again the bass on the freqs are stronger so the mids and high get overpowered by the bass and the mids and highs are slightly suppressed. The music makers seems more neutral so you can high the bass and say half the bass of the superfreqs not an exact figure but relative to me. So with music makers i can hear everything clearly and nothing overpowers, i can't believe it but i like the natural sound and then tinker the eq till i have a grin on my face. pictures are uploading only have three decent ones will post in couple min.

There is no quad armature set coming out just speculation, i expect one day freqs will do that to expand their line up or just cause dumbasses like us fall for it and will cough up the extra cash lol. until then enjoy the triple drivers, all you will get is an additional woofer so just more bass.

May 11, 2008 at 5:49 AM Post #1,640 of 3,960
still waiting on the pictures to be uploaded, please all new users use the referral option and put anyone name in there, i dont care if you dont use mine or not i already paid up, but overtime if any of the users on this board have assisted you then use their name if not pick a random name. anything is better than nothing and this helps other users due to the referral program. Don't flip out and get mad just because i said about the referral if you dont care move one brother, leave it blank, if you care pick a name **** just type "HEAD-fi" so the board gets credit.

Oh yeah $50-$75 for quad driver would be insane i would buy like 4 as spares before the company goes broke lol. what i meant was i am willing to pay $50-$75 for an additional speaker and go from a triple driver to a quad similar to UE11 but at half the cost.

whose up late at night studying for finals, or only me lol. not even studying as you can see enjoying some Peanut butter and jelly, posting online and yeah playing GTA IV damn good graphics and cars are amazing lol.

DSC00142.jpg

DSC00141.jpg

DSC00130.jpg

May 11, 2008 at 6:01 AM Post #1,641 of 3,960
i am not using any fancy audio formats but need to rip them to flac, yes the quality of the rip makes A HUGE DIFFERENCE, screw the amp, cheap way out re rip your collection in higher quality format.

I was told that others have bought the music makers and used in their iphones, BS, i could not make it fit what so ever and had to trim the plug, here is an attached picture.

DSC00146.jpg

DSC00144.jpg

May 11, 2008 at 6:06 AM Post #1,642 of 3,960
wow thats awesome. yea i put in head-fi as referral. I should start studying for finals. too lazy.. welp. going to bed now. 1 am in the morning and im still up. I think im going to go with the MM crossover from what i've read. Maybe all black or clear if no transluscent color comes out VERY soon. I like Tommy Lees UE11s. All black with white artwork. Man. just what artwork though? going to go do some soul searching later to find the perfect artwork.

May 11, 2008 at 6:26 AM Post #1,644 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by qspeedss /img/forum/go_quote.gif
AGC, i think you and I are in the same boat. I read your posts and you seem to be wondering the same things i was. We should talk. Help each other out

please talk but discuss it publicly cause i might learn a thing or two and so would others and we could pitch in our opinions. what questions you got qspeedss

May 11, 2008 at 6:39 AM Post #1,645 of 3,960
I think the question of whether to have the crossover or not is still up in the air, because I personally have not seen a solid, detailed conclusion on that matter.

May 11, 2008 at 6:42 AM Post #1,646 of 3,960
well whats the worst that could happen with the music makers crossover you would have to manually adjust the low end spectrum to your likings but a more neutral sound gives you more to play with. Now if you can not select an eq then i would say go with the music lovers crossover.

Any one consider any upgrades on the cable if we will see any benefit, would mind getting a clear set with some added gain in sound down the road if my cable ever tear up.

May 11, 2008 at 7:00 AM Post #1,647 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by AGC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If anyone is interested in helping me out, heres what im thinking:
1. Music Lover vs Music Maker crossover (leaning toward Music Maker crossover)
2. Color: All black, all clear. (need help here. Anyone know if transluscent colors are coming out soon?)
3. Artwork: No idea...... I want something that i wont get sick of. want something music related? maybe a piano or something? music note?

1. Music Makers - 100%

2. Personally, I am partial to purple and think that the clear insides look great. I would do a white graphic- I saw how they looked with my artwork and wished that I had gotten purple afterward (the violet colored ones didn't appeal to me).

3. I got mine done with a Bass clef on my left ear and a Treble Clef on my right ear.

I would not have an issue sharing my artwork for anyone else to use and feel free to contact me for it.

FAIZ23:

I am wondering if you have the same opinions as I do about the sound, I am sure you can find my review somewhere (closed thread). I would be very interested in you writing a small review.

*If someone requests it, I am much more open to now reposting my review and taking out anything that refers to anything not a se530, ety4, or triple-fi. Then posting IMO and YMMV in places as to not offend people. Yeah, I will take out stuff comparing the build quality because people had problems with that too....

May 11, 2008 at 7:34 AM Post #1,649 of 3,960
as soon as i can get settled down, got finals next week, moving the week after that, and then traveling across the globe for investment banking internship lol. I will make a review for the music makers lineup as soon as i can.

I have to put some time on them listen to akon don't matter and its ripped at 196kbps and sounds very clean, but i can tell a difference when i bump upto higher bitrate and i bet a better jump when using better formats. What i love is all three speakers work together and blend the music so seamlessly and everything just flows every sound, voice, echo is heard since there is plenty of power to reproduce all the sounds. There is a lot of instruments and sounds i can hear and single them out one by one with triple drivers, with the super.fi,3 marshmallows, granted they are much lower end so no comparison but in single driver many sounds are missed or not heard since it's mashed all together and the distortion kills all the joy. but if you feel like ipod stock buds to a good quality $50-$100 jump in quality is huge, the triple drivers make a big difference. Never messed with dual i was gonna play with super.fi 5 pro but skipped it and went to the freqs, couldn't be more glad well worth the damn wait of like 6 months. been wanting super.fi 5 pro since last christmas lol, just purchased my christmas gift to my self lol or atleast one of them hehe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back