The FreQ Custom IEMs - Impressions Thread (Updates on First Page!)
Jan 10, 2008 at 12:14 AM Post #46 of 3,960
Yeah, but a clear shell is standard amongst customs, it's what I would be asking for as well, so no reason for it to be poor, wouldn't that just mean they can do it poorly, and use coloured shells to cover it up?

Just sayn

Jan 10, 2008 at 12:25 AM Post #48 of 3,960
I think that if the Freq company will carefully read this forum, they will solve all issues within 3-4 months.
But just if they want to make them better.

Jan 10, 2008 at 12:26 AM Post #49 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by sHaRkKaE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Think we should cut them some slack, after all they are pretty much new to the field of IEMs. Give em a couple of months i.e. 6 to maybe work out the kinks and stuff.

They are already in Hearing Aid industry for years and the Hearing Aid device should be robust since ppl intend to use them daily.

Hope their IEM won't break as easy as they looked.
wink.gif

Jan 10, 2008 at 12:28 AM Post #50 of 3,960
Hrmmm, do I wait the x^n months for them to fix it, or go ahead with the LiveWires purchase, oh the dilemma!

We'll see what other peoples turns out like, maybe they just rushes this one, as evident with the cable, and the reversed channels.

Jan 10, 2008 at 12:30 AM Post #51 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by janruzinsky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think that if the Freq company will carefully read this forum, they will solve all issues within 3-4 months.
But just if they want to make them better.

They are serious about providing a good product. An hour after I sent an email about my fit problems and the reversed channels, Todd sent me an apology and asked me to provide any feedback at all regarding the product. He wants to make sure we are happy.

The FreQ company is clearly new to the business. They did not even previously know about the other custom IEM companies. We should give them some time, but of course, some people want a custom IEM now so are going to get LiveWires.

Jan 10, 2008 at 12:32 AM Post #52 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hrmmm, do I wait the x^n months for them to fix it, or go ahead with the LiveWires purchase, oh the dilemma!

We'll see what other peoples turns out like, maybe they just rushes this one, as evident with the cable, and the reversed channels.

Why you are so rushing for an upgrade? There will be a lot more choices in 2008. Just claim down, enjoy your Trance music with Super.fi 5 pro, and wait for the right time to upgrade.
biggrin.gif

My .02

Jan 10, 2008 at 12:34 AM Post #53 of 3,960
It generally seems like when a company first comes out with a product, there are lots of unforeseen wrinkles that need to be smoothed out. I'm very interested in getting these, but I'm going to wait for them to fix all the bugs, so to speak.

Jan 10, 2008 at 12:35 AM Post #54 of 3,960
Quote:

just buy the LW`s now and buy some freq`s from the music makers line when they fix their problems.

Jan 10, 2008 at 12:36 AM Post #55 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by powertoold /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They are serious about providing a good product. An hour after I sent an email about my fit problems and the reversed channels, Todd sent me an apology and asked me to provide any feedback at all regarding the product. He wants to make sure we are happy.

The FreQ company is clearly new to the business. They did not even previously know about the other custom IEM companies. We should give them some time, but of course, some people want a custom IEM now so are going to get LiveWires.

Yeah, good customer service is always the #1 importance in a business. Great job they did here.

On the other hand, they might need more R&D persons to do more research before they rush they products. IMHO, the very first reputation of the products is very important rather than rush it and fix it later.

I'd prefer the Westone way of their next Westone 3 IEM, delays for improvement instead of sending out to disappointed customers.

Jan 10, 2008 at 12:38 AM Post #56 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by small.solar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why you are so rushing for an upgrade? There will be a lot more choices in 2008. Just claim down, enjoy your Trance music with Super.fi 5 pro, and wait for the right time to upgrade.
biggrin.gif

My .02

hmm yeah, the only reason I am looking now is because my birthday is soon, so I am not the one paying for them, I've been always talking about custom earphones since August, and my mum says she'll buy em for me for my bday.

So, in terms of waiting, that's no issue, its the difference between someone else buying them, or me buying them. I've asked her to just have the cash, she says it's either the earphones, or she will find something else like clothes.

I'll give it as much time as I can to both reap the benefits of her finance and see how FreQ guys go, I still think they'll do good!

Jan 10, 2008 at 12:38 AM Post #57 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by small.solar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
biggrin.gif

My .02

Feedmetrance has been really patient waiting for the right IEMs even back when Livewires were the new kids on the block...that is the thing with technology...there are always newer things coming out...at what point to do you settle down on a product to increase your enjoyment...or just wait for the next new thing in perpetual limbo?

For what its worth...I love my livewires - they look and sound hot!

Jan 10, 2008 at 12:45 AM Post #59 of 3,960
The reason I'd go LiveWires is because I am paying $60 extra, yes it's only dual driver, but I am comfortable in knowing they have been in the market for a while, their product is greatly acclaimed here.

I want to finalize my audio setup, everything is final except the earphones.

I'm a very indecisive person at the moment, so everything is bah!

PowerToold: any more impressions regarding comfort, got more pics of how they look when they are in your ears? How much do they stick out? Any more sound quality feedback?

Jan 10, 2008 at 12:49 AM Post #60 of 3,960
Quote:

hmm yeah, the only reason I am looking now is because my birthday is soon, so I am not the one paying for them, I've been always talking about custom earphones since August, and my mum says she'll buy em for me for my bday.

So, in terms of waiting, that's no issue, its the difference between someone else buying them, or me buying them. I've asked her to just have the cash, she says it's either the earphones, or she will find something else like clothes.

I'll give it as much time as I can to both reap the benefits of her finance and see how FreQ guys go, I still think they'll do good!

Great to hear that your mom can pay for your b-day gift.
smily_headphones1.gif

Hope my mom can do it too, but I am at the age that need to pay for her b-day gift.
biggrin.gif

So my suggestion is to wait at least a while to see how the Music Maker line surfacing or save more for UPPER LEVEL customs. I don't beleive you'll like LIVEWIRES (less bass) since you loved sf5p, they supposed to be totally different in sound signature (though I never listened to livewire, please don't slap if I mentioned anything inaccurate) .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back