The FreQ Custom IEMs - Impressions Thread (Updates on First Page!)
Feb 14, 2008 at 4:32 PM Post #617 of 3,960
Sent an E-mail to FreQ last night and just got a reply - looks like they are haveing problems with getting e-mails through to people with AOL addresses (i've been on AOL for over a decade - cant leave now) but they will be shipped tomorrow

wooooohoooooooooo

icarus

Feb 14, 2008 at 5:26 PM Post #618 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by powertoold /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It definitely sounds better than the SF5Pro. As for the E500, I would say it sounds better lol. I'm not sure what else I can say. The sound quality is great. If you are concerned about sound (compared to other IEMs), I wouldn't worry about it.

"sounds better" is always subjective.
tongue.gif

i mostly listen to modern/alternative rock. maybe you could tell me how the bass compares between the sf5pro and freqs. basically i want the bass of my atrio m5s, more bass impact w/o being sloppy. its deeper and fuller sounding.

and also the mids. are they more rich like the e500? how would you compare them?

Feb 14, 2008 at 5:47 PM Post #619 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by dranoel4190 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"sounds better" is always subjective.
tongue.gif

i mostly listen to modern/alternative rock. maybe you could tell me how the bass compares between the sf5pro and freqs. basically i want the bass of my atrio m5s, more bass impact w/o being sloppy. its deeper and fuller sounding.

and also the mids. are they more rich like the e500? how would you compare them?

As you said, "sounds better" is always subjective. so even if he tells u how the bass and mids and highs compared to each other, it is subjective :p He may like something that you don't

When you put something in terms of being "subjective" its really hard to compare.

Feb 14, 2008 at 11:33 PM Post #620 of 3,960
the journey is almost complete on my pair of SuperFreQs.. they are currently sitting at a depot awaiting my pickup tomorrow evening.

i will post my immediate impressions of them in the evening and then follow-up in the near future with a more detailed review.

Feb 15, 2008 at 1:21 AM Post #621 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by tsplash75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the journey is almost complete on my pair of SuperFreQs.. they are currently sitting at a depot awaiting my pickup tomorrow evening.

i will post my immediate impressions of them in the evening and then follow-up in the near future with a more detailed review.

we want more pics !!!
tongue.gif

Feb 15, 2008 at 2:25 AM Post #623 of 3,960
They have been haveing problems with their E-mail - I got a reply today saying they got my impressions and shiping them tomorrow - I mailed my from CA on the 4th - so looks to be about a 2 week turnaround

Icarus

Feb 15, 2008 at 7:58 AM Post #624 of 3,960
they definitely sound better than the sf5 pros, better defined bass, none of that sf veil/mud in the upper range, more forward and can handle equalizing over the spectrum (sf cant handle highs well). not to mention the comfort
biggrin.gif
. Any new buyers mind putting me in as reference in the where did you hear section?

Feb 16, 2008 at 1:33 AM Post #625 of 3,960
ok. first impressions.. crappy packaging.. i got them in a lil pouch in a crappy box in a cruddy DHL bag that was beat up.

the SuperFreQs are ultra-pretty.. i got clear/clear with black cable. a few imperfections in the acryllic, but nothing that is out of reason when working with this type of material...

something else i noticed.. my 8gb Apple iPod touch has a background hiss when on w/ the SuperFreQs.. i've never witnessed it in ANY of the other headphones or IEMs that i own or have tried before. it must have to do with the high sensitivity.

anyhoo.. back shortly with more on them and some pics.

Feb 16, 2008 at 1:46 AM Post #626 of 3,960
Quote:

something else i noticed.. my 8gb Apple iPod touch has a background hiss when on w/ the SuperFreQs.. i've never witnessed it in ANY of the other headphones or IEMs that i own or have tried before. it must have to do with the high sensitivity.

With my UE Super.fi 5 Pro's I can clearly hear the hiss on the first gen Shuffle, 2nd Gen Nano, and iTouch. It is significantly lower in my iAudio 7. With my Triple.fi 10's, I can still hear the hiss in the Apple products, but since they are not as sensitive, it is harder to hear.

Feb 16, 2008 at 1:59 AM Post #627 of 3,960
these things sound amazing...

at first, i was taken back by their lack of bloated bass. this is NOT to be confused with a lack of bass. they hit sharply and accurately. this is just comparing it to the last thing i was listening to which was the intentionally bass happy audio system in my car.

(more to come..)

Feb 16, 2008 at 2:04 AM Post #628 of 3,960
Quote:

ok. first impressions.. crappy packaging.. i got them in a lil pouch in a crappy box in a cruddy DHL bag that was beat up.

the SuperFreQs are ultra-pretty.. i got clear/clear with black cable. a few imperfections in the acryllic, but nothing that is out of reason when working with this type of material...

anyhoo.. back shortly with more on them and some pics.

ipods tend to have a crap ass hiss when u start plugging in high end stuff. i can hear it even with e2c, sf3 and w/e else.

btw: pictures plz!

Feb 16, 2008 at 2:21 AM Post #629 of 3,960

Users who are viewing this thread

Back