The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
May 6, 2019 at 8:17 PM Post #5,266 of 6,673
Buying used universals are ok though isn't it?
I haven’t asked the stores but I believe so yes it’s ok for non-locals to buy used universals (and customs if you’re lucky to find one that fits). A few travelers to Japan have done that successfully.

May 6, 2019 at 11:08 PM Post #5,268 of 6,673
Buying used universals are ok though isn't it?
Is fine if those are second hand, most store do not have new Fitear Universial in stock nowadays

May 6, 2019 at 11:16 PM Post #5,269 of 6,673
North American audiophiles are pretty unlucky if they want to get a Fitear custom. That's why I got my Fitear customs secondhand then had them reshelled.
You can find someone who lives near a Fitear overseas dealers to help you to sent your impression to Fitear, although is not possible to order through japan dealers like e earphone, I heard rumors which some people get their Fitear custom made through overseas dealers in Asia.

By the way once you have your Fitear custom made the next time you won’t need to send your ear impressions again what you need is to fill in a form with your old fitear serial number and they will made your new ciem base on your old ear impressions as Fitear store all the ear impressions data in their system. Hence, what you need is a Japanese local address and you can literally order it through internet. At least that’s for japan local market.

May 7, 2019 at 4:52 AM Post #5,270 of 6,673
Is fine if those are second hand, most store do not have new Fitear Universial in stock nowadays

I haven’t asked the stores but I believe so yes it’s ok for non-locals to buy used universals (and customs if you’re lucky to find one that fits). A few travelers to Japan have done that successfully.

Good to know. I'm in the market for a used IEM, and was considering the EST after reading some of the impressions here. Are the mids similar to 334TG though?

May 7, 2019 at 4:56 AM Post #5,271 of 6,673
Good to know. I'm in the market for a used IEM, and was considering the EST after reading some of the impressions here. Are the mids similar to 334TG though?

They're completely different. The 334 is uber-mid-forward. It's basically just mids, great mids nonetheless, but not much else. The EST is more airy and open.

May 12, 2019 at 9:44 PM Post #5,273 of 6,673
Missed this. Per Zhanming057, OMG so different....it’s like trying to compare my sister to me - same parents, but that’s about it!

May 13, 2019 at 3:49 AM Post #5,274 of 6,673
They're completely different. The 334 is uber-mid-forward. It's basically just mids, great mids nonetheless, but not much else. The EST is more airy and open.

For the 334,

Mids ok, maybe one of the best mids of the market (and I am a Zeus owner), but bass too. A lot of power, texture, rumble, in a dynamic manner. This is not "an amarture bass" at all (or a few little).

The highs are there too, but with a shortened extension (all is relative... I speak as an owner of a Kaiser Encore too), and the overal balance is tuned towards bass and mids.

Not in a dark manner though, because there is a lot of clarity.

For the universal version, very, very dependant of the tips by the way.

Still one of my favorite iem out there.

Last edited:
May 13, 2019 at 4:44 AM Post #5,275 of 6,673
For the 334,

Mids ok, maybe one of the best mids of the market (and I am a Zeus owner), but bass too. A lot of power, texture, rumble, in a dynamic manner. This is not "an amarture bass" at lot (or a few little).

The highs are there too, but with a shortened extension (all is relative... I speak as an owner of a Kaiser Encore too), and the overal balance is tuned towards bass and mids.

Not in a dark manner though, because there is a lot of clarity.

For the universal version, very, very dependant of the tips by the way.

Still one of my favorite iem out there.
Yea the tip of a universial do make a difference in Fitear uiem however ciem of fitear is not always the best for example the 335dw uiem demo is a better sounding iem then the finished custom version

May 13, 2019 at 4:47 AM Post #5,276 of 6,673
Missed this. Per Zhanming057, OMG so different....it’s like trying to compare my sister to me - same parents, but that’s about it!
My curiosity just grew by quite a lot now! Anything out there its similar to?

May 13, 2019 at 4:53 AM Post #5,277 of 6,673
Yea the tip of a universial do make a difference in Fitear uiem however ciem of fitear is not always the best for example the 335dw uiem demo is a better sounding iem then the finished custom version

335dw = better extension, more resolution :ksc75smile:

May 20, 2019 at 1:21 AM Post #5,278 of 6,673
@AnakChan not sure if I've missed it, what cable are you using with your Titan of late? After trying with various Fitear terminated cables in my arsenal I'm still not entirely sold on any one of them.

May 20, 2019 at 9:49 AM Post #5,279 of 6,673
@AnakChan not sure if I've missed it, what cable are you using with your Titan of late? After trying with various Fitear terminated cables in my arsenal I'm still not entirely sold on any one of them.
I'm actually using the Tralucent Uber (v1.0 solid core) with the Titans. Happy with the combo so far but to me the Uber being a solid core, is still somewhat delicate.

May 20, 2019 at 10:51 PM Post #5,280 of 6,673
I'm actually using the Tralucent Uber (v1.0 solid core) with the Titans. Happy with the combo so far but to me the Uber being a solid core, is still somewhat delicate.

I see, thanks. I'm "kinda" settled on my Brise STR-7SE which is so far the best balance of sonical performance and portability (at least amongst what I have)..........but I'm always on the lookout for something better. The Creator Silver 4 cable that came with the Titan is way too heavy for use on the move. The Titan body is a bit weighty itself so I'd rather avoid heavyduty cables.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back