The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Jan 12, 2016 at 9:09 AM Post #4,576 of 6,673
Since all the bores have to be the same size. It's depended on the size of your ear canal. Some 335 will only have one bore. All of them will start from three separated ports from three groups of BAs but merge into two or even one bore depended on available space on the stem.

I wouldn't be as I've heard that that's the case for people with small, I mean, refined ear canals size. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thanks guys! :)

Jan 12, 2016 at 9:33 AM Post #4,577 of 6,673
Since all the bores have to be the same size. It's depended on the size of your ear canal. Some 335 will only have one bore. All of them will start from three separated ports from three groups of BAs but merge into two or even one bore depended on available space on the stem.

The downside of two or one bore is that you can't upgrade to SR. Even your 335 have three bores, it didn't mean that you can upgrade to SR.

rudi's mh335dw has 3 bores, but rudi's mh334 has 2 bores. my mh335dw has 2 bores and mr. suyama tells me that upgrade sr is no problem.

Jan 12, 2016 at 9:41 AM Post #4,578 of 6,673
rudi's mh335dw has 3 bores, but rudi's mh334 has 2 bores. my mh335dw has 2 bores and mr. suyama tells me that upgrade sr is no problem.

I thought that the purpose of titanium tube in SR is to separate the trebles unit from others. May be your one bore is coming from trebles unit and other is from mid and low.

Mine has three bores but it's so close to each other that, at the end, the titanium tube become the wall of the other two bores.

Jan 12, 2016 at 9:52 AM Post #4,579 of 6,673
I thought that the purpose of titanium tube in SR is to separate the trebles unit from others. May be your one bore is coming from trebles unit and other is from mid and low.

Mine has three bores but it's so close to each other that, at the end, the titanium tube become the wall of the other two bores.

I heard some people told that canal need to be large enough for upgrade sr. I posted some pictures of my mh335dw on facebook and mr. Suyama told upgrade sr is no problem.
I really wonder how different between mh335 and mh335dwsr extractly. Anyone knows that? pls.

Jan 12, 2016 at 9:57 AM Post #4,580 of 6,673
I heard some people told that canal need to be large enough for upgrade sr. I posted some pictures of my mh335dw on facebook and mr. Suyama told upgrade sr is no problem.
I really wonder how different between mh335 and mh335dwsr extractly. Anyone knows that? pls.

There are two upgrades that come with SR. One is the addition of titanium tube to the trebles bore. The other is the replacement of crossover network.

Jan 12, 2016 at 10:18 PM Post #4,582 of 6,673
I'm glad you told that but i wonder how different about 3 ranges, separation..etc. Not about hardware.

On mine:

- highs much more extended and there are much more sparkle than the somewhat dark-ish original

- since the high-mids are brought out more than the original, the vocals has quite a bit more presence

- bass is less prominent and enveloping, but MUCH more detailed especially in the deep bass range, and extended down low in a rather linear manner without mid-bass hump or sharp roll-off. Some may find it less engaging than the original, think that's the biggest reason why suyama & co suggests people to try before upgrading, and would not offer the upgrade to areas where there's no place offering the SR for trial

- to me soundstage is more or less the same - spectacular as the original

- overall, it becomes the MOST realistic sounding and believable headphone/earphone/iem/ciem I have ever tried or owned. It's not dry or clinical, it's full of juiciness, but it's response is so even and well-tweaked that every instrument (vocal included) sound exactly like how it sounds in real life. (even among top tier iems, that is something few or none could achieve. good sounding doesn't necessarily translate into realism)

- and a very clean sound too - that's also very rare.

- in comparison, the original is something people would describe more as "musical" or "fun" sounding. Also vastly detailed, but the FR is more tweaked and flavoured than the SR. The original gotta be among the most engaging iem out there with its big and impactful bass.

Jan 12, 2016 at 10:33 PM Post #4,583 of 6,673

On mine:

- highs much more extended and there are much more sparkle than the somewhat dark-ish original

- since the high-mids are brought out more than the original, the vocals has quite a bit more presence

- bass is less prominent and enveloping, but MUCH more detailed especially in the deep bass range, and extended down low in a rather linear manner without mid-bass hump or sharp roll-off. Some may find it less engaging than the original, think that's the biggest reason why suyama & co suggests people to try before upgrading, and would not offer the upgrade to areas where there's no place offering the SR for trial

- to me soundstage is more or less the same - spectacular as the original

- overall, it becomes the MOST realistic sounding and believable headphone/earphone/iem/ciem I have ever tried or owned. It's not dry or clinical, it's full of juiciness, but it's response is so even and well-tweaked that every instrument (vocal included) sound exactly like how it sounds in real life. (even among top tier iems, that is something few or none could achieve. good sounding doesn't necessarily translate into realism)

- and a very clean sound too - that's also very rare.

- in comparison, the original is something people would describe more as "musical" or "fun" sounding. Also vastly detailed, but the FR is more tweaked and flavoured than the SR. The original gotta be among the most engaging iem out there with its big and impactful bass.

Extractly, that what i want to know. Thank you so much. I wonder where you buy the fitear mh335dw and where provides upgrade studio reference. May be the fitear mh335dwsr is holy grail on my journey. I'm a fitearolic :">

Jan 17, 2016 at 8:46 AM Post #4,585 of 6,673
Jan 27, 2016 at 7:51 PM Post #4,589 of 6,673
@limexx I had this experience and it was NOT a good one. Fitear can reshell if there is a fit problem, but they do not bump you ahead of the queue, so you can wait 3 to 4 month each reshell. Awful service and total lack of flexibility. Fitear style. The distributor I used ended up refunding me because Fitear offered no solution.

Oh and to top it all, beyond first refit, you have to pay.

Jan 27, 2016 at 9:02 PM Post #4,590 of 6,673
@limexx I had this experience and it was NOT a good one. Fitear can reshell if there is a fit problem, but they do not bump you ahead of the queue, so you can wait 3 to 4 month each reshell. Awful service and total lack of flexibility. Fitear style. The distributor I used ended up refunding me because Fitear offered no solution.

Oh and to top it all, beyond first refit, you have to pay.

damn.. now i have to reconsider, cause im still pretty young, I'm afraid my ear shape will still change when im growing up 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back