The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Jun 1, 2015 at 12:56 AM Post #4,366 of 6,694
I've been kinda lost with the MH335DW & SR. Bear with me for a moment as I'm about to go through the history of my MH335DW-SR experience.

I heard the MH335DW demo units twice in two separate Fujiya events 4 months apart and loved  the sound so went on to make the CIEM version. Upon receiving, I felt that it sounded different and in my mind preferred the demo unit versions (did I hype my own brain?). FitEar was gracious enough to "custom tune" my MH335DW and improved a little.

Same timeframe 1 year apart I heard the MH335DW-SR demo units twice again at the Fujiya events 4 months apart and loved the improvement that it made over my MH335DW CIEM - and felt that's how the MH335DW should have been in the first place. So after 2nd trial run, the MH335DW-SR was open to a selected few and I opted in. Again upon receiving I felt that it was only a slight improvement over my MH335DW CIEM. Once again FitEar was gracious enough to personalise my MH335DW-SR but in my mind I was still thinking the demo units I heard sounded more to my liking.

And that brings us till this month of which I had my MH335DW-SR CIEM for about a year.I was itching to hear the MH335DW-SR demo units again to see if I really still preferred the demo units over my CIEM. The demo units sounded remarkably more muted and dull! So yay!! Whether it's "expectation bias", whether it's "real burn in", whether it's "brain burn-in", or whether I just happened to get the wrong demo unit, I've finally walked away with satisfaction and contentment that my MH335DW-SR sounded to my ears than the demo units I had thought I'd love.

One caveat to that story above - I also heard the Monet 17....oooooohhhhhh.

Hi

I have the three bore model and would like to know if it is really worth the ¥40,000-¥50,000 price?
I have been happy with the 335s, but the price to get a new sound is cheaper than buying a whole new pair.

Thoughts anyone?

Jun 2, 2015 at 7:57 AM Post #4,367 of 6,694
I have the three bore model and would like to know if it is really worth the ¥40,000-¥50,000 price?
I have been happy with the 335s, but the price to get a new sound is cheaper than buying a whole new pair.

Thoughts anyone?

Buying a whole new pair still allows you to keep your old one though, which is an option you don't have with the SR upgrade - unless the process is reversible, which would cost more money in any case.

Don't think I'd SR mod my 335s even if the option became available to me. Just love the current presentation of the 335 and wouldn't want to risk losing it, even if the SR mod is better in measurements and whatnot. Oh, and I'm also broke right now.

Jun 2, 2015 at 8:34 AM Post #4,368 of 6,694
I prefer collecting other pairs of earphone to this upgrade :D. That will give me 100% new experience. The upgrade may change the sound a little bit but I'm not sure it's audible to my ears  or I will like it :p .

For the price, I think it's quite reasonable considering the cost of labor in Japan and how hard titanium to work with.

Jun 3, 2015 at 1:00 AM Post #4,369 of 6,694
I may just save my money for now. Doesn't seem worth it really.

Jun 14, 2015 at 8:19 AM Post #4,370 of 6,694
I've just put up my impressions of the Beat Audio Prima Donna cable in my sig - in my case, terminated for the FitEar MH335DW-SR. It's quickly becoming my default FitEar cable as it's quite maintenance free without sacrificing SQ. It also seems to add that decent treble extension I seek in warmer earphones like my MH335DW-SR.

Jun 14, 2015 at 10:01 AM Post #4,371 of 6,694
I've just put up my impressions of the Beat Audio Prima Donna cable in my sig - in my case, terminated for the FitEar MH335DW-SR. It's quickly becoming my default FitEar cable as it's quite maintenance free without sacrificing SQ. It also seems to add that decent treble extension I seek in warmer earphones like my MH335DW-SR.
I have it for the Roxannes and really like it. Might give the Fitear version a try.

Jun 14, 2015 at 10:38 AM Post #4,372 of 6,694
I have it for the Roxannes and really like it. Might give the Fitear version a try.

I'd actually like to try the Dita Truth cables on the FitEar at some stage too. I think the Truth cables also enhance highs (I had them on my K10s) but the Truth aren't as ergonomic as the Prima Donna's.

Jun 14, 2015 at 10:47 AM Post #4,373 of 6,694
I'd actually like to try the Dita Truth cables on the FitEar at some stage too. I think the Truth cables also enhance highs (I had them on my K10s) but the Truth aren't as ergonomic as the Prima Donna's.
But do the SR really need high enhancement. Man I am pissed it it impossible to get the SR outside of Japan.

Jun 14, 2015 at 10:54 AM Post #4,374 of 6,694
But do the SR really need high enhancement. Man I am pissed it it impossible to get the SR outside of Japan.

Depends on your tastes, to me yes. To others, maybe not. I can see why the SR isn't offered overseas. Not all MH335DW CIEMs can be SR-ed. I believe someone else here who had a 3-ported MH335DW and still wasn't qualified for the SR. So that's quite a daunting task for Jaben (or other distributors) to take back MH335DW's,ship it back to FitEar to assess and if not, ship it back unchanged.

As for getting it SR-ed for brand new MH335DW's, again it's that ambiguity (and therefore not knowing what to charge) until the impressions are casted that could be a factor. I believe usually price and choice is decided up-front. Dealing with these kinds of issues locally (Fujiya/e-earphone) is easier.

Jun 14, 2015 at 11:07 AM Post #4,376 of 6,694
Well the thing is I am at my second refit, so they could have taken the opportunity.

Then all of a sudden, they could face a flood of "refits" :wink:. See what I mean?

Jun 14, 2015 at 11:37 AM Post #4,377 of 6,694
Beat audio prima dona cable sounds interesting. I am still waiting for my Fitear 335DW, check with Hong Kong dealer for the upgrade SR still not allow for overseas buyers.

335DW come with 001 cable wondering should I upgrade to Prima Dona.

Wondering how much sound improvement going to be? The price of this more expensive then the Effect audio crystal cables.

Jun 14, 2015 at 9:43 PM Post #4,378 of 6,694

Then all of a sudden, they could face a flood of "refits" :wink:. See what I mean?

Yeah but mine is a real one 
frown.gif

Jun 19, 2015 at 4:26 AM Post #4,380 of 6,694

Users who are viewing this thread

Back