The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Nov 11, 2014 at 11:10 PM Post #3,992 of 6,694
  Meaning so long as i have a Japanese-speaking friend or a resident Japanese who is my friend willing to walk in with me to do the ear impression, it should be fine?

How about collection?

They will sell to you, if you are a resident of japan (live, work or study in japan) regardless of your nationality. There are very few exception in the past that they accepted an order even you're not resident but that you have to contact suyama san yourself.

They recommend that you should bring someone that can speak japanese with you, if you can speak japanese because not all the staffs at Ginza store are proficient in english. 

Nov 11, 2014 at 11:18 PM Post #3,993 of 6,694
Wonderful guys!

Thank you so much!

I have a cousin living in Fukuoka who might be able to do this, or i might engage a Japanese-speaking friend (who actually does not live in Japan anymore).

So what's the procedure to make this happen?
Sorry for asking, I seem to have the impression this has been discussed in detail before.

Step 1: Contact Suyama-san (goodness language barrier! I suppose he understands English but what do I say? That I want to have it made and will have a Japanese accompany me?)

Step 2: GO THERE?

Lol

Nov 11, 2014 at 11:33 PM Post #3,994 of 6,694
FYI: Suyama-san is a member of HF and reads the forums occasionally. I'm not advocating "workaround" schemes to FitEar's sales policies and I'd further urge public discussions on how to go about it to be rather unwise to say the least.

Nov 12, 2014 at 3:25 AM Post #3,997 of 6,694

This has been discussed in great detail and length in this thread. Bottom line, go there as long as you live in Japan. Otherwise no go.

Nov 13, 2014 at 12:21 AM Post #3,999 of 6,694
Nov 13, 2014 at 2:07 AM Post #4,000 of 6,694
Nothing to be sad about. You can make it with one of the distributors. Just not in Japan.
smily_headphones1.gif

I have to agree on this one.

Nov 13, 2014 at 3:52 AM Post #4,002 of 6,694
  Yeah but the mark up is huge.

There has to be some reasonable limit on making money by middle men

If you are the monopoly, you can charge as high as the market allows you to.
I'm not condoning the dealers' actions, but it's just business. Basic economics 101.

If you find Fitear too expensive, there are always other brands in the market that you can turn to.

Nov 13, 2014 at 4:26 AM Post #4,003 of 6,694
Yeah i know economics.

100 points for economics, 5 points for being a reasonable businessman.

Nov 13, 2014 at 4:53 AM Post #4,004 of 6,694
Yeah i know economics.

Sadly, that's the way the world operates these days.

Nov 13, 2014 at 5:33 AM Post #4,005 of 6,694
Yeah i know economics.

What is reasonable? Looking at the cost of doing business today, if distributors didn't make enough, it would not be worth their while, and you wouldn't even have that option.

There are other options, if the pricing is not palatable. But there should never be a sense of entitlement. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back