The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Aug 20, 2014 at 9:58 PM Post #3,588 of 6,678
Hi kkcc
I am so lucky to get first international prototype MH 335 DW. Studio Reference
At the moment Fit Ear Studio Reference is for japan customer only , because to produce one Studio Reference need ca 3 weeks time .
Suyama San will prepare for international Fit Ear Customer too .
So far is my best custom IEM

I am frustrated to wait my JH Roxanne in full black carbon edition , it already 10 month for waiting and I made already 2 times ear impression.
As I heard mine almost ready , I sold my JH Roxanne universal iem.

I must be patient , because my friend said the full black carbon edition SQ is different compare to JH Roxanne universal .

I believe Dimas from Jaben Indonesia is one of the first International owners who got the MH335DWSR upgrade, he got his like, 6 months ago?

Aug 21, 2014 at 12:27 AM Post #3,589 of 6,678

I believe Dimas from Jaben Indonesia is one of the first International owners who got the MH335DWSR upgrade, he got his like, 6 months ago?

About dimas.. he is special case, i suppose. he shared a special relationship to suyama, such that suyama gives his SR.
to someone who ask about where i heard DWSR, dimas's DWSR is the answer.

I must be patient , because my friend said the full black carbon edition SQ is different compare to JH Roxanne universal .

sorry for OOTing, but the answer is yes.. it's so different that my tin ears can hear the difference very well 
rolleyes.gif

Aug 21, 2014 at 1:28 AM Post #3,590 of 6,678
  About dimas.. he is special case, i suppose. he shared a special relationship to suyama, such that suyama gives his SR.

sorry for OOTing, but the answer is yes.. it's so different that my tin ears can hear the difference very well 
rolleyes.gif

So is Dimas' a universal demo SR or a CIEM?

Anyway, here's my brief comparison between my SR & the uni Rox (off my HM-901 with discrete amp board) :-

- the SR presentation has a more "around" presentation whereas the uni Rox seems to have a more "above" or "over my head" styled presentation. It's almost like the SR I'm lateral with a front row seat but with the Rox its a few rows from the front (but not too far back) and above.
- more relative upper treble energy in the Rox
- vocals feel more initimate with the SR
- bass on the Rox seems to have more of a punch impact whilst the SR is more of a warm bloom.
- although not flat, the SR feels closer to being linear in it's FR, whereas the Rox seems to have a more unique (I'd call dark but with upper treble peaks) FR with dips here & there
- both are detailed but different presentations and a choice of one over the other is a matter of taste

Personally for me the SR is more of a "normal" exellent earphone, whilst the Rox has a unique more "acquired taste" kind of signature. I have to admit that when I first heard the Rox I didn't like it. But recently I've been liking it more. But bottom line, the SR is just still more suited for my taste.

Aug 21, 2014 at 5:23 AM Post #3,591 of 6,678

Anyway, here's my brief comparison between my SR & the uni Rox (off my HM-901 with discrete amp board) :-

- the SR presentation has a more "around" presentation whereas the uni Rox seems to have a more "above" or "over my head" styled presentation. It's almost like the SR I'm lateral with a front row seat but with the Rox its a few rows from the front (but not too far back) and above.
- bass on the Rox seems to have more of a punch impact whilst the SR is more of a warm bloom.
- although not flat, the SR feels closer to being linear in it's FR, whereas the Rox seems to have a more unique (I'd call dark but with upper treble peaks) FR with dips here & there
- both are detailed but different presentations and a choice of one over the other is a matter of taste

Personally for me the SR is more of a "normal" exellent earphone, whilst the Rox has a unique more "acquired taste" kind of signature. I have to admit that when I first heard the Rox I didn't like it. But recently I've been liking it more. But bottom line, the SR is just still more suited for my taste.

CIEM. it's not wrong if i were to say that he's a first person who holds a DWSR outside of japan.

hmm, what i kinda liked from rox was it's excellent technicality, but if i just want to enjoy the music without thinking about anything, i'd choose SR over Rox anytime.

Aug 21, 2014 at 7:08 AM Post #3,592 of 6,678

I just got confirmation from Jaben , Dimas case is not as international customer, Dimas case was as internal Jaben demo unit , Suyama made directly his MH 335 DW studio reference not upgrade from MH 335 DW .
Dimas is Jaben representative in Surabaya Indonesia

Not like mine was upgrade from my MH 335 DW to Studio Reference as world first prototype for international customer .

At the moment the international upgrade is not ready yet , now it is only for Japan Fit Ear Customer
Suyama San still prepare for Fit Ear international upgrade .

Aug 21, 2014 at 7:17 AM Post #3,593 of 6,678

sorry for OOTing, but the answer is yes.. it's so different that my tin ears can hear the difference very well :rolleyes:

Thank you
That's why I am waiting another months , I hope to get my jh Roxanne in full black carbon soon
Now it is already 10 month waiting time and 2 times made and send my ear impression .

About Dimas Fit Ear mh 335 dw sr is special case and count as internal dealer demo unit

Aug 21, 2014 at 7:19 AM Post #3,594 of 6,678

Thank you Sean

I am agree with you as beet neutral and natural iem I ever heard
My SR bass is not bloom like yours and the high is brighter than my mh 335 dw

Aug 21, 2014 at 7:23 AM Post #3,595 of 6,678
Suyama made directly his MH 335 DW studio reference not upgrade from MH 335 DW .

My wallet is trembling badly with this news....

Aug 21, 2014 at 10:30 AM Post #3,597 of 6,678
^ But you could also get a "right cable" for the VE, right? According to rudi, the VE6 X-Control is still priced higher than any other CIEM in Jaben, even after you add the projected US$700 SR Upgrade to the cost of a stock MH335DW (with 001 cable). We don't know how much Jaben marks up Vision Ears compared to FitEar.

If you compare the quoted prices from VE or FitEar's main website, I think the gap would be even wider since FitEar local Japanese prices are usually far lower while VE prices include 19% German VAT.

Aug 21, 2014 at 10:34 AM Post #3,598 of 6,678
We don't know how much Jaben marks up Vision Ears compared to FitEar.

IIRC, the last time I was at Jaben the VE6 X-control was ~$600SGD more than the MH335DW.
Not sure how much they both cost without markup, but that's all I got.

Aug 21, 2014 at 10:52 AM Post #3,599 of 6,678
I just got confirmation from Jaben , Dimas case is not as international customer, Dimas case was as internal Jaben demo unit , Suyama made directly his MH 335 DW studio reference not upgrade from MH 335 DW .
Dimas is Jaben representative in Surabaya Indonesia

Not like mine was upgrade from my MH 335 DW to Studio Reference as world first prototype for international customer .

At the moment the international upgrade is not ready yet , now it is only for Japan Fit Ear Customer
Suyama San still prepare for Fit Ear international upgrade .

That is excellent news if suyama san can make one from scratch. I don't really care about modding a 335. This means we can move straight to a 335DW SR. Two different sigs deserve to be offered to Fitear customers. :)

Aug 21, 2014 at 10:58 AM Post #3,600 of 6,678
That is excellent news if suyama san can make one from scratch. I don't really care about modding a 335. This means we can move straight to a 335DW SR. Two different sigs deserve to be offered to Fitear customers.
smily_headphones1.gif

100% agreed. I'd very much like to have this added option as well, to save all the hassles of the in-between stuff. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back