The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Aug 11, 2014 at 7:19 PM Post #3,557 of 6,693
may be probably because piccolino cable , will try change to stock later tomorrow and see if any changes happen......

It would be quite unusual if it's the cpc that caused the sibilance: it's normally a cable which smoothens things out. It could be the mastering of the recording because some records are mastered for that hifi sound...

Aug 11, 2014 at 9:52 PM Post #3,558 of 6,693
It would be quite unusual if it's the cpc that caused the sibilance: it's normally a cable which smoothens things out. It could be the mastering of the recording because some records are mastered for that hifi sound...

that too, i think a few albums got sibilance in there while others don't, will update once i try change things around.

Aug 12, 2014 at 8:07 AM Post #3,559 of 6,693
FitEar just released this on Facebook:

【須山補聴器夏季休業のお知らせ】

いつもご愛顧いただき誠にありがとうございます。
大変勝手ながら、須山補聴器銀座店は下記のとおり夏季休業とさせていただきます。

8月13日(水)から8月17日(日)まで

上記期間中に頂いたお問合せなどに関するご対応は、
8月18日(月)以降となりますのであらかじめご了承下さい。
大変ご迷惑をおかけしますが、よろしくお願い致します。

Bing translation says that they're having a summer vacation from the 13th to the 17th of August.
On one hand I am surprised that they are having such a late summer vacation, on the other hand I'm thinking that this will delay our orders even more :\

Aug 13, 2014 at 10:42 AM Post #3,562 of 6,693
  FitEar just released this on Facebook:

Bing translation says that they're having a summer vacation from the 13th to the 17th of August.
On one hand I am surprised that they are having such a late summer vacation, on the other hand I'm thinking that this will delay our orders even more :\

It is Obon week in Tokyo.

Aug 16, 2014 at 12:53 PM Post #3,563 of 6,693
It's Obon week in Japan. Not official holidays but most of the offices are closed during this week :).

Aug 16, 2014 at 10:29 PM Post #3,564 of 6,693
I hardly notice any sibilance on my old 335DW or even on "studio reference" upgraded which is enhanced trebles version of 335DW. Any cables range from stock, ALO SXC, Toxic silver poision, Toxic virus, or piccolino are ok. My main source is ipod touch 5G but connected to external DAC/Amp like VentureCraft SounDroid, GoDap DD Socket 1, Duet, and A2P TUR-06.

I am agree with mtthefirst , my previous MH 335 DW and now my MH 335 DW SR are no sibilance
Now I pair with my Sony ZX1 with 000 Fit Ear Cable
Please try the Fit Ear Stock cable or 000 cable and please share your impression
And please try to use WAV music file

Aug 19, 2014 at 7:24 AM Post #3,566 of 6,693
Well I just had my prints taken and ordered a pair of MH335DW. Now the wait.

Wow congrats! Were you able to order with the SR upgrade?

Aug 19, 2014 at 7:59 AM Post #3,568 of 6,693
Thanks. priori not, and I am not sure I will. I have neutral reference iems such as the SE5 and NT6, so the Roxanne and MH335DW are meant to be "flavored". I will see how I like them first.

Can't wait to hear your impressions... now that Rudi had shown that the SR upgrade could (hopefully will) be available for international customers I'm again very interested in the 335DW!  I don't think I necessarily would prefer the SR but I won't considering spending $2000+ if it is absolutely NOT available for folks outside of Japan in case I prefer the SR sound.  I suspect I'd like it based on earlier impression by Anakchan.   FWIW I went "cheap" for my "flavored" CIEM with the 1964ears V8 after I decide K10 isn't my cup of tea and it still takes quite long wait for Roxanne.

Aug 19, 2014 at 8:18 AM Post #3,569 of 6,693
Of all the IEMs in my collection (mine and loaners) I do have to admit the FitEar MH335DW-SR is my fav. Aside from my ear problem though, the reason why I've not written much is that I'm still hearing differences between the final CIEM & the universal demo. However I'm not as demanding as before. My SR has kept me quite satisfied as an MH335DW-SR owner, but I'm just merely curious more on why I hear the differences.

I'm just waiting for my FitEar Uber 2.5mm TRRS terminated, but I think the maker is enjoying it very much to let it go :wink:.

Aug 19, 2014 at 8:40 AM Post #3,570 of 6,693
Of all the IEMs in my collection (mine and loaners) I do have to admit the FitEar MH335DW-SR is my fav. Aside from my ear problem though, the reason why I've not written much is that I'm still hearing differences between the final CIEM & the universal demo. However I'm not as demanding as before. My SR has kept me quite satisfied as an MH335DW-SR owner, but I'm just merely curious more on why I hear the differences.

I'm just waiting for my FitEar Uber 2.5mm TRRS terminated, but I think the maker is enjoying it very much to let it go :wink:.

Sean you just have to give me that fatal push don't you! And with Mim still deciding to get it AFTER he had the Roxanne..... Lucky I'm not currently in the vaccinity of any audio shops with Fitear else my wallet/cresit card won't live to see tomorrow.... ARGHHHHH... running out of excuses! I know I will succumb sooner or later...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back