The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Jun 1, 2013 at 8:13 AM Post #856 of 6,694
This is really going off topic.....

Congratulations on receiving them, hope you are enjoying your 335, did you buy the 000 cable?

Jun 2, 2013 at 12:22 AM Post #857 of 6,694
Quote:

Congratulations on receiving them, hope you are enjoying your 335, did you buy the 000 cable?

No I don't think it's going too far off topic. I think it's good that you've shared the proper way to engage FitEar. I think a lot of international FitEar followers need to remember that it is still a Japanese company with Japanese culture around it and quite specific (international and local) guidelines have been set on engaging FitEar.

Last week at Fujiya I asked of how one would get their FitEars (though Fujiya) and all they'll do is to manage the paperwork - getting your order, address, and payment. They do -not- take collect impressions but may assist in making a booking with FitEar for them to take your impressions. The same with e-earphone.

Next is about Japan-specific models - The Monet is specifically for the local Japanese market only. I've even asked Suyama-san about an overseas order but local shipping to me, my address, (and I forward it overseas). That's a definite "No-No" by his books. So in that case it doesn't even matter if it's a local address or not for FitEar's policies, Monet's are not supposed to leave the shores of the country.

Of course a few smart folks may already have ideas to work around this but my 2 yen worth is for FitEar followers to respect the business' policies and guidelines.

Jun 2, 2013 at 1:57 AM Post #858 of 6,694
No I don't think it's going too far off topic. I think it's good that you've shared the proper way to engage FitEar. I think a lot of international FitEar followers need to remember that it is still a Japanese company with Japanese culture around it and quite specific (international and local) guidelines have been set on engaging FitEar.

Last week at Fujiya I asked of how one would get their FitEars (though Fujiya) and all they'll do is to manage the paperwork - getting your order, address, and payment. They do -not- take collect impressions but may assist in making a booking with FitEar for them to take your impressions. The same with e-earphone.

Next is about Japan-specific models - The Monet is specifically for the local Japanese market only. I've even asked Suyama-san about an overseas order but local shipping to me, my address, (and I forward it overseas). That's a definite "No-No" by his books. So in that case it doesn't even matter if it's a local address or not for FitEar's policies, Monet's are not supposed to leave the shores of the country.

Of course a few smart folks may already have ideas to work around this but my 2 yen worth is for FitEar followers to respect the business' policies and guidelines.

Wait, is it possible for tourists to go to Japan for the purpose of buying the customs, stay for the time until the CIEM are completed? Specifically the Monet. Or will they be rejected as just another international customer. If that plan doesn't work out, I might have to find a new idea.

Jun 2, 2013 at 2:31 AM Post #859 of 6,694
Wait, is it possible for tourists to go to Japan for the purpose of buying the customs, stay for the time until the CIEM are completed? Specifically the Monet. Or will they be rejected as just another international customer. If that plan doesn't work out, I might have to find a new idea.
As above, the Monet is not supposed to be for overseas use at all - even if an interim local Japanese address is provided.

Now of course one could still get around by "bending the truth" but that's naturally not preferred.

Jun 2, 2013 at 3:45 AM Post #860 of 6,694
The Monet is really quite an esoteric sounding pair of customs, unless you are going to listen to Anime music produced in the 70s and 80s?! Listening to this specific genre from that period, you will hear the songs with the in-house FitEar sound...........hence the V shape nature of these earphones.

Out of the range of FitEar earphones, probably the Monet and the MH335DW are the two pairs that are most personable to Suyama san.....Monet for his love of Anime Music from that period and MH335DW for his love of Jazz.................

Jun 2, 2013 at 3:53 AM Post #861 of 6,694
Quote:
The Monet is really quite an esoteric sounding pair of customs, unless you are going to listen to Anime music produced in the 70s and 80s?! Listening to this specific genre from that period, you will hear the songs with the in-house FitEar sound...........hence the V shape nature of these earphones.

Out of the range of FitEar earphones, probably the Monet and the MH335DW are the two pairs that are most personable to Suyama san.....Monet for his love of Anime Music from that period and MH335DW for his love of Jazz.................

Not sure if you've seen my post a few pages back, but since the arrival of your 435 between that and the 335DW which do you find yourself reaching for more?

edit: 30 odd days since my order :D

Jun 2, 2013 at 4:01 AM Post #862 of 6,694
Quote:
Not sure if you've seen my post a few pages back, but since the arrival of your 435 between that and the 335DW which do you find yourself reaching for more?

edit: 30 odd days since my order :D

For all genre of music with excellent recordings, good source and tuning with amps etc .....the C435!!!

Love it.......It is so accurate and totally transparent which offers an open window to the music....BUT can be ruthlessly revealing if one part of the set up is out sync.................

Having said that, the MD335DW, for me is almost perfect for Vocals/Jazz...... 

Jun 2, 2013 at 9:14 PM Post #863 of 6,694
Quote:

Yes I'm enjoying them a lot, especially with the songs/artists which Suyama-san is said to like such as Sakamoto Maaya and K-On music which, for the lack of better description, are just a perfect fit. 

As for cables, no I didn't, and let's just say I'm not going to open that can of worms either.

Quote:
The Monet is really quite an esoteric sounding pair of customs, unless you are going to listen to Anime music produced in the 70s and 80s?!

I'm not sure why you keep repeating this when the offical tag line from the Monet webpage FAQ (which I translated a few pages back) quite clearly says otherwise.  Do you have any source for this?

Jun 2, 2013 at 10:42 PM Post #864 of 6,694
Quote:

Yes I'm enjoying them a lot, especially with the songs/artists which Suyama-san is said to like such as Sakamoto Maaya and K-On music which, for the lack of better description, are just a perfect fit. 

As for cables, no I didn't, and let's just say I'm not going to open that can of worms either.

I'm not sure why you keep repeating this when the offical tag line from the Monet webpage FAQ (which I translated a few pages back) quite clearly says otherwise.  Do you have any source for this?

The recordings from that period were very mid-centric sounding. The V shape tuning of the Monet synergizes to make the "Anime" recordings of the that era, in line with the house sound of FitEar today.

Does this make sense to you?

Jun 2, 2013 at 10:50 PM Post #865 of 6,694
Quote:

The recordings from that period were very mid-centric sounding. The V shape tuning of the Monet synergizes to make the "Anime" recordings of the that era, in line with the house sound of FitEar today.

Does this make sense to you?

Well yes and no, because while that sounds like a good personal preference and explaination of what the Monet sounds good with, you are not answering my question of where did you get the info that Suyama-san tuned Monet for 70s/80s music when the official FAQ clearly disagrees with what you said as in the FAQ they said it was tuned with anisong from all generations from 60s to current. Not to mention that in the FAQ they claim Monet is supposed to be tuned for a wide range of genres and if they aimed for the 70s/80s anisong then that would be in contradiction to the goal as back then they didn't have that wide range of music genre as we have with anisongs today.

Jun 2, 2013 at 11:04 PM Post #866 of 6,694
Quote:

Well yes and no, because while that sounds like a good personal preference and explaination of what the Monet sounds good with, you are not answering my question of where did you get the info that Suyama-san tuned Monet for 70s/80s music when the official FAQ clearly disagrees with what you said as in the FAQ they said it was tuned with anisong from all generations from 60s to current. 

PM sent!

Jun 3, 2013 at 1:49 AM Post #867 of 6,694
Quote:

PM sent!

Can you PM me too? I'm curious :D

Though I know that in this magazine they did mention many older anisongs... One of the FitEars people as one of the commenter.
Mostly as recommendations and introduction to those unfamiliar with it though. I don't think it says anywhere in this mag that it was tuned to those.

Jun 3, 2013 at 3:10 AM Post #868 of 6,694
On a separate note, got a call today telling me my stuff are in. Exciting times

Jun 3, 2013 at 4:03 AM Post #869 of 6,694
Quote:
On a separate note, got a call today telling me my stuff are in. Exciting times

Congratulations....

Look forward to hearing your thoughts
size]

Jun 3, 2013 at 6:20 AM Post #870 of 6,694
Initial impression:

Fits friggin securely compared to mah 4As

Seal doea not break while i tilt my head and all