The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
May 29, 2013 at 8:30 AM Post #841 of 6,694
Quote:
Aww, this price looks amazing for used though http://www.e-earphone.jp/shopbrand/045/086/X

Can't image why they would sell used FitEars if you can't even remold them though.

Hopefully it is for more than just "those that fit similarly".
In which case I'd still take them at this price... if they fit nicely (like some of the demo's in store).

May 29, 2013 at 11:01 AM Post #842 of 6,694
ummm guys, did anybody know how the sound of pro audio works? because for me it is like the different series from the MH and for me the pro audio has something special in it (maybe custom sound tuning (like ultimate ears PRM) with a set of different drive option or it is really made for the professional and artist in japan (they even can do custom remold and artwork of the face plate from what I saw from Japanese artist who used fitear). Even Suyama did not reveal the price. And here in head-fi, I never see someone write or review about the pro audio series of fitear (pro audio is like the mysterious side of fitear) which make me so curious about it. when you guys see the box in the website its like a big pelican case with yellow color. I'm sure its different with other series of fitear.

May 29, 2013 at 11:36 AM Post #844 of 6,694
I'm not entirely sure but searching around the web it's hinted that the pro 335 was released even before the MH334, around 2008, might be the same time with the private 333. Of course that says nothing about how they sound but compared to other models they are pretty old.

May 29, 2013 at 11:38 AM Post #845 of 6,694
Well, I like the 333 marginally more than the TG334, so...
biggrin.gif

May 30, 2013 at 12:28 AM Post #846 of 6,694
some artist use the pro audio until now like Maaya Sakamoto (is it?), the 335 dw is still new though for the pro audio 

I have some example of custom fitear used by the drummer of SCANDAL (most powerful girl band in japan) in japan name Rina Suzuki

and also the stage used custom molded faceplate

hohoho fitear is doing premium service to those that have soo much money I think.

when you guys see the usual FitEar faceplate it is like a hill, but these girls use smooth fitear molded faceplate in the picture (cable use with the first picture is also custom molded and she add some pearls)

May 30, 2013 at 12:59 AM Post #848 of 6,694
Quote:
Well, I like the 333 marginally more than the TG334, so...
biggrin.gif

Specifically why do you prefer the 333 to the 334? 
Quote:
some artist use the pro audio until now like Maaya Sakamoto (is it?), the 335 dw is still new though for the pro audio 

I have some example of custom fitear used by the drummer of SCANDAL (most powerful girl band in japan) in japan name Rina Suzuki

and also the stage used custom molded faceplate

hohoho fitear is doing premium service to those that have soo much money I think.

when you guys see the usual FitEar faceplate it is like a hill, but these girls use smooth fitear molded faceplate in the picture (cable use with the first picture is also custom molded and she add some pearls)

Eww too gaudy (imo). Good for them though :)

May 30, 2013 at 1:32 AM Post #849 of 6,694
May 30, 2013 at 6:04 AM Post #851 of 6,694
ohhh someone please buy the audio pro and put the review here at head-fi (really" damn curious)

May 30, 2013 at 6:21 AM Post #852 of 6,694
Quote:
  Specifically why do you prefer the 333 to the 334?

Just a matter of personal preference. The 334 seems to have better technical capability, TBH, but I just like the tonal balance and overall feel of the 333 more.

Quote:
  ohhh someone please buy the audio pro and put the review here at head-fi (really" damn curious)

It should be you!
wink.gif

Jun 1, 2013 at 6:53 AM Post #853 of 6,694
So after about 60 days of waiting I got my pair of 335 from DMA as well.  I got a perfect fit, no issues at all, in fact I would say I got a better seal than my current JH16 (which to be fair, the JH16 is now a year old, so my ears could have changed).  Why I'm mentioning this is because before there were people who seemed to have gotten a bit defensive in regards to Jaben HK's staff having been specially trained by Suyama-san himself vs getting the ear impressions made by supposedly non-authorized audiologist.  So now my (anecdotal evidence) is that it most probably doesn't make a difference - or at least not as a big of a difference as it is blown up to be.  My friend will be picking up his pair of 335 from DMA tomorrow with ear impressions made by yet another audiologist completely different to mine, it's going to be interesting to see how his turns out.  

Oh and in the end I saved HK$1000 by buying from DMA instead of Jaben HK.  So make your own decision. 
L3000.gif

Jun 1, 2013 at 7:27 AM Post #854 of 6,694
Quote:
So after about 60 days of waiting I got my pair of 335 from DMA as well.  I got a perfect fit, no issues at all, in fact I would say I got a better seal than my current JH16 (which to be fair, the JH16 is now a year old, so my ears could have changed).  Why I'm mentioning this is because before there were people who seemed to have gotten a bit defensive in regards to Jaben HK's staff having been specially trained by Suyama-san himself vs getting the ear impressions made by supposedly non-authorized audiologist.  So now my (anecdotal evidence) is that it most probably doesn't make a difference - or at least not as a big of a difference as it is blown up to be.  My friend will be picking up his pair of 335 from DMA tomorrow with ear impressions made by yet another audiologist completely different to mine, it's going to be interesting to see how his turns out.  

Oh and in the end I saved HK$1000 by buying from DMA instead of Jaben HK.  So make your own decision. 
L3000.gif

In all honesty, there are a few things that you should be aware of:-

- DMA were not suppose to sell the 335 to you, as they did not have a demo pair
- Suyama San flew over to Hong Kong to personally apologize to Jaben
- He also wrote a letter in apology and re iterate terms and conditions
- Now the real tightening up of overseas sales

- Even purchases in Japan requires receipt from FitEar authorized audiologists and refusals to sell to foreigners....without local address.

Jun 1, 2013 at 8:08 AM Post #855 of 6,694
Quote:

In all honesty, there are a few things that you should be aware of:-

- DMA were not suppose to sell the 335 to you, as they did not have a demo pair
- Suyama San flew over to Hong Kong to personally apologize to Jaben
- He also wrote a letter in apology and re iterate terms and conditions
- Now the real tightening up of overseas sales

- Even purchases in Japan requires receipt from FitEar authorized audiologists and refusals to sell to foreigners....without local address.

Interesting, where are you getting this type of information?  I'm very skeptical especially in regards to your first claim, because as I know it the other two major audio shops (DMA and Mingo) both have had no problem advertising FitEar customs for months to end on their website and shop front since last year and I have not heard of any blocks otherwise.

Also refusal to sell to foreigners without local address had always been the rule as I understood it - it's just that people had been breaking them asking for "fast shipping" favors and delivering them in a week's time and FitEar was too nice and complied.  But now that FitEar is overwhelmed with orders they can't keep breaking this rule because it would be unfair to the other customers - local or not - whom are now waiting for close to a month and a half otherwise.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back